Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:37 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/30/2757995/21-1-1-you-sure-about-that
I also notice his record being listed as 20-1-1 entering the fight. But I guess I didn't put 2 and 2 together.
Compare that to wiki and sherdog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashad_Evans
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rashad-Evans-10200
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:48 pm

i remember reading the record and telling my friends thats a GREAT record for MMA but i didn't catch it being wrong
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:55 pm

The UFC counts two amateur bouts in the The Dangerzone MMA promotion, as well as Evans' three victories in The Ultimate Fighter 2, resulting in a record of 22–1–1 for Evans according to the UFC; however, the N.S.A.C. has instructed record keepers that all fights on The Ultimate Fighter are considered exhibition matches; therefore, Evans' official professional MMA record is currently 17–1–1.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Does the UFC do this for any other fighters? They don't credit Gray Maynard with a loss to Diaz on TUF on his resume. Pretty sure they listed Amir at 0-0 in the TUF Finale.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

OU wrote:
Does the UFC do this for any other fighters? They don't credit Gray Maynard with a loss to Diaz on TUF on his resume. Pretty sure they listed Amir at 0-0 in the TUF Finale.
i haven't noticed them doing this ever before...

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

They've done this with Evans for years. I remember this coming up before when he was defending the title against Machida.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

They didn't do it for Joe Stevenson who also won Season 2 of TUF. Pretty much just Evans that I've recall. I wonder why? Someone here needs to find out why.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
They didn't do it for Joe Stevenson who also won Season 2 of TUF. Pretty much just Evans that I've recall. I wonder why? Someone here needs to find out why.
Is this new? Was it just for the FOX show? I didn't notice it before, not sure if he has been carrying this record for awhile now. Please don't tell me they did this just for the FOX viewers.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Gears later, OU?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Ludo wrote:
Gears later, OU?
I'm down.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:10 pm

i bet they did it just for Fox
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:11 pm

BF3 later, GDP? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Catalina Wine Mixer maybe, but yeah, much later.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Here is a post from the BE article
Quote :
So here it is.. again.

The TUF 2 season fights were considered, at least at one point,
pro, non-exhibition fights. Whether or not the UFC went back to the
NSAC and asked them to respond to inquiries with “these are exhibition
fights” after the fact — I don’t know. I have personally contacted the
NSAC and was told that they are legit, pro fights.

Rashad started his career with two Dangerzone fights. He was paid
for these fights. Even though their web site says something to the
effect of — all fights listed here are amateur unless stated — is
obviously erroneous, as Dan Severn himself has fights listed on there
that don’t specifically say “pro”.

We’ve always counted the TUF2 season fights and now we’re counting the DZ fights, as of last week.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Only Rashad Evans fought Pro fights on Season 2 of TUF. That makes a lot more sense now.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Personally I don't have a problem with it. It's not like it makes much of a difference if he has a 17-1-1 record or a 22-1-1 record. I can see why someone might have an issue with it but really they have been counting his record with TUF fights since forever, at least as far as I remember. Two more fights don't really matter one way or another.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

GDPofDRC wrote:
Only Rashad Evans fought Pro fights on Season 2 of TUF. That makes a lot more sense now.
Exactly. Clear as mud.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? 1711-44
Exactly. Clear as mud.

Shut the fuck up ratboy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?   Anyone else notice the Rashad record error? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else notice the Rashad record error?
Page 1 of 1