Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sonnen taking his act too far?

Go down 
+7
Primetyme199
Andrew the Raider King
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
captain organic
josh200612
OU
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:58 pm

but anyway, back on topic

Ali taking his love for shitty cinema too far? Sonnen taking his act too far?

i say not, people respond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Yes, at my elderly age of 25 i can't stand movies that most competent viewers of film stopped caring about when they turned 17.

It's not time for me to grow down, it's time for you to grow up.

God help your future children, instead of going to see Fast Nine they'll be dragged to some obscure Italian movie about a suicidal nun.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:06 am

Nah, my parents let me go see the popcorn flicks when i was a kid and they were fun for the friday night at the movies with friends. They were fun...but, i grew out of them just like most big boys and girls eventually do. So i would allow my children to do the same. The worst that can happen is they are 22, still flock to the box office for Michael Bay's next blockbuster, and rate X-Men and Fast Five among the best films of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:09 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Nah, my parents let me go see the popcorn flicks when i was a kid and they were fun for the friday night at the movies with friends. They were fun...but, i grew out of them just like all big boys and girls eventually do. So i would allow my children to do the same. The worst that can happen is they are 22, still flock to the box office for Michael Bay's next blockbuster, and rate X-Men and Fast Five among the best films of the year.

I never said X-Men First Class was that great, in fact I said it was underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am

His post fight rant was not entertaining and not good for him or the sport. He needs to cut that shit out.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:54 am

OU wrote:
His post fight rant was not entertaining and not good for him or the sport. He needs to cut that shit out.

Yep said the same in the other thread, now reffering to Chael as "The Joke"...... but not to his face lol
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:56 am

With his post fight act this past weekend the joke somehow transfered all the hate I had for Brock into himself
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:03 pm

yep

it's not funny anymore, just weird. This is professional MMA, not WWE. If you want to act like a made up character go become a pro-wrestler. And when you barely eek out a decision you shouldn't be calling yourself the greatest fighter in the world.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:13 pm

It's one thing when Chael is trying to be clever in his interviews. It's completely different when he comes out with this scripted act and is clearly trying too hard. Being witty and attempting humor is one thing. But scripting out your performance on the mic is weak.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Everyone being so dramatic. I didn't even think it was a good delivery and its still more entertaining than some cardboard with no personality thanking his coaches and saying he trained hard. It isn't even remotely bad for the sport. That shit will always sell in the fight game.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:24 pm

the only one being dramatic is Chael. It used to be funny. now he just seems like he's trying way too hard. I actually have to agree with Bisbing he's become the Jester of the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Sonnen is def trying too hard these days. He has had his moments, but this was one of his worst. He had 2 big time fails in the last week with his act.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:34 pm

oggy420 wrote:
the only one being dramatic is Chael. It used to be funny. now he just seems like he's trying way too hard. I actually have to agree with Bisbing he's become the Jester of the UFC.

He would only be a jester if he didn't back it up. He's lost one round in what, the last 3 years?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:39 pm

that may be true, but that doesn't mean his 11 losses somehow become zero. How can you run around saying you are undefeated when you're not?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

oggy420 wrote:
that may be true, but that doesn't mean his 11 losses somehow become zero. How can you run around saying you are undefeated when you're not?
That's not part of the gimmick I have a problem with. I actually don't have a problem with him doing that. But his scripted rants are garage.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 pm

I think its hilarious when he talks about being undefeated. Just like before his first fight with Anderson when he was talking about how he had been calling him out for years and never got the fight, such a blatant troll job that it kills me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:02 pm

oggy420 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonnen taking his act too far?   Sonnen taking his act too far? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonnen taking his act too far?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2