Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 Empty
PostSubject: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 am

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-on-fox-3-fight-card-updates

Taking on Darren Uyenoyama who just beat Kid in his last fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 am

Where he belongs. Would not surprise me if he wins the title within 2 years.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

freakzilla wrote:
I would be extremely shocked. He isn't on that level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:32 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Greg Jackson factor and fighting in the UFC will improve him big time. I didn't say he will win it but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:45 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Greg Jackson factor and fighting in the UFC will improve him big time. I didn't say he will win it but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
Why is that? For years now the best Fly in the World were not in the UFC. Wouldn't guys like Uncle Creepy be at advantage since he has been fighting the best Flys in the World for years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:53 am

Dodson has alot of potential, I am excited to see how he develops.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 pm

I see Dodson getting first crack at the tourney winner
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I see Dodson getting first crack at the tourney winner
Disappointing thought. Still waiting to see them fill up the Fly with some of the current top guys.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Dodson would waste a lot of those current highly ranked guys but obviously I hope they continue to bring in the top guys
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:27 pm

As the TUF winner at 135, a established good fighter outside of TUF and a experienced flyweight fighter, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodson get an early crack at that title next winter should he continue to win.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Why is that? For years now the best Fly in the World were not in the UFC. Wouldn't guys like Uncle Creepy be at advantage since he has been fighting the best Flys in the World for years?

I think your forgetting that Dodson is one of the guys you're referring to here. He didn't do his fighting at 135 until TUF last year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Dodson would waste a lot of those current highly ranked guys but obviously I hope they continue to bring in the top guys
What makes you think that? You think those non Zuffa guys are overrated? Or is Dodson just that underrated?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I think your forgetting that Dodson is one of the guys you're referring to here. He didn't do his fighting at 135 until TUF last year.
I guess, I can't recall a single Dodson fight before TUF. Must have slipped under my radar.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
What makes you think that? You think those non Zuffa guys are overrated? Or is Dodson just that underrated?

The only question I have about dodson is stamina later in the fights. When the dude attacks and doesn't dance on the outside he is a straight killer though. Dudes at 125 can't crack like that
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

The only question I have about dodson is stamina later in the fights. When the dude attacks and doesn't dance on the outside he is a straight killer though. Dudes at 125 can't crack like that
I think he is being a littler overrated at the moment. I don't see him turning lights out on a regular basis at fly. He has good power but I wouldn't label him a killer. I would take all 4 in the fly tourney over him and I don't think it would be all that close right now. I could be selling him a little short, but I think some of you are doing the opposite. He looks promising but he isn't a world beater IMO.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:07 am

Quote :
"It happened in the first round. I re-watched it. It happened at like 2:24 into the fight. I hit him with that overhand left and I tried to double up on it with two punches. I couldn’t make a fist anymore."
Dodson said he'll be on the shelf for 6-to-7 weeks, which shouldn't affect booking him against his next 125-pound opponent this summer.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:39 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Dude he has been one of the core Jackson people and best 125ish fighters for many years. Fighting in the UFC may only improve him in the sense he may fight more formerly ranked 135'rs and get more attention in training. But don't act like this is a situation where he was "in the minors" and is now "in the majors".

Dodson was the majors before the UFC had these divisions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:48 am

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I guess, I can't recall a single Dodson fight before TUF. Must have slipped under my radar.

Not talking shit OU, but Dodson has been one of THE names in 125 prior to the last year. He never fought at TPF and had no fights at 125 in 2011 at all, but his bout against Runez was considered the biggest, most important 125 fight this side of the Pacific when it happened. Not knowing about that fight is like, talking about Shogun and not knowing about his Pride career.

Speaking of, what the fuck happened to Runez?? Does anyone know??? He was supposed to be the chosen one after he won that fight, and he hasn't had a fight since...

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:55 am

I'm just not as high on Dodson as most. I think he is very good but still a level below DJ, Joe and Creepy. But I'll admit, he might be better then I give him credit for. I saw him fight pre-TUF. I knew he was good, he is probably better then I give him credit for. I still think he would get put in his place by the UFC Big 3. Dodson vs Da Silva, see whats really good.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:56 am

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

That is cause you only caught onto the division in 2011. Again, everything is a pissing contest between us so you'll take this as some sort of insult, but anyone who has known anything about flyweights before 2011 knew Dodson was one of the most hyped and well regarded American fighters in the division.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:04 am

How is that insulting? I know he is one of the better fighters in the division. I currently have him ranked #6. But I'm really only confident in 4 guys being superior to him at Fly at the moment. That is Creepy, DJ, Joe and Da Silva. I don't think he can beat those guys. But again, I might be selling him short. But I don't see that as a put down to the guy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:17 am

OU wrote:

Later that same thread...

OU wrote:
I saw him fight pre-TUF.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3   Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dodson makes Flyweight debut UFC Fox 3
Page 1 of 1