Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rate UFC on FX 1

Go down 
5 posters

Rate UFC on FX 1
10- Best EVA!
Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_lcap14%Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
9- Excellent, Highly memorable
Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_lcap29%Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
8- Above average, some memorable content
Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_lcap43%Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
7-Average
Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_lcap0%Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
6-OK, a bit underwheling
Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_lcap14%Rate UFC on FX 1 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
5- UFC 135
 0% [ 0 ]
4- Meh
 0% [ 0 ]
3- UFC 97
 0% [ 0 ]
2- Nothing
 0% [ 0 ]
1- Fuck Dana
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:08 am

Rate UFC on FX 1

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:47 am

I go 10/10 ,no hesitation. Not the best EVA in reality, but a winner all around.

I should note, I got home about 8:00 and watched all the fights in about an hour and a half. I want to say that the coverage style on FX looked like it might be interesting in fastforward but I cannot comment on it, I only watched the important stuff, the fights themselves. Florian and Anik actually did good I thought in that they were very secondary to what was happening in the cage. Reminded me almost of Jimmy Smith and Sean Wheelock who are very underrated in their ringside announcing in that what they said never got in the way or was a distraction.

I liked the main event. Melvin caught him good and dropped him with that left early and looked like he was gonna keep on for the knockout. Props to Miller for keeping some real vet composure and sticking to his game plan. Turned it around nicely to advance. The co-main was similar to the main. Ludwig looked lethal and was tagging that face and body. Like Melvin though, the deficiency in the ground was his downfall. Two good comebacks though, good drama. I'd give both the Sub of the night bonus.

Fight of the night was hands down Jared Papazian vs Mike Easton. Wow, that was excitement. Wholly unexpected that this 15 minute fight would go down like it did. Easton was like an animal but Papazian rebuttal was real pro. It will be interesting to see what kind of ground game they bring with some of the grapplers in the division and I look forward to seeing either math up with other 135 strikers. More proof that bantamweight is the division in the UFC right now.

Morecraft and Barry went down like the mains did also, not quite as dramatic but definitely more explosive in the end. Looks like Berry earned another fight, but he looks like garbage for the most part. Morecraft is at best average at his best and was making Berry look bad. Matter of time for Barry... I won't be surprised if Morecraft is cut and I won't be surprised if he isn't.

Jorge did what Jorge does. For a standup fighter he always looks like shit against other standup fighters and over achieves against better grapplers. He had a lot of good KO's in his nine years in the UFC, glad to see him fight back in this one and go out with a stoppage win.

Nurmagomedov impressed me. I'll be honest, his 16-0 record looks good going into this but in reality it was about the equivalent to a 5-0 or 6-0 record, a untested unknown fighter. Shalorus hasn't really been stifled like that that I recall, Miller beat him up, but Shalours was more competitive in thatthen he was against Nurmagomedov. It's tough for asian ring fighters sometimes to get in the cage on the big stage, but Khabib did all right. His crazy striking though makes me think he is gonna get caught hard though.

Brenneman, in my opinion, was really the only boring part of the show. Am I wrong or did he not have one fight finishing attempt? Maybe I'm wrong. Good control and take down by him and good crucifix until he lost them, but he still ended up being the worst part of the show tonight for me. This card would of been an 11 if Roberts had snapped that arm in the 3rd.

I think the Camões went as expected. You can hype Hayden's George Gurgel BJJ and all but Camões is just way too experienced and good at the sub game in his own right to think Hayden stood a real chance.

Same idea went with the first towo prelims. Shilling was a 4-0 question mark where Pineda has been looking solid in Legacy that past year running through everyone as easy has he did Shilling. He is a good addition to the 145 mix.

All I remembered about Nick Denis is when Marlon Sandro uppercutted his head off in Senguko. He definitely looked better tonight, brutal elbows, real nice KO.

Loved this card. Maybe if I watched the whole 5+ hours of coverage I would score it different, but I watched all the fights in 90 minutes and it was a winner. Loved the fights, I hope a lot of people turned into this. UFC on FX 1 looked lite on paper but exceeded expectations in delivery.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:31 am

8 for me. It was an awesome card and with Miller and Barry winning made it even better for me. Alot of great comebacks and plenty of action.
Back to top Go down

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:07 pm

8/10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:21 pm

8.5, rounded up to 9. Great fights.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:25 pm

It was better than the last two UFC cards. The Main event was memorable and the throwdown between Eston and Papzian was damn entertaining.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Who voted a 6? Lame.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm guessing Wolf voted the 6. But whoever described the fights to him probably didn't do a good job. Or maybe he just wasn't wasn't feeling it when he read the results?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:46 pm

It was actually me and I did it by mistake. I'd say 7 to 8.5. Strong card with some nice finishes, but lacking some star power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC on FX 1   Rate UFC on FX 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate UFC on FX 1
Page 1 of 1