Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo tests positive for steroids

Go down 
+11
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
MMAEYES
Primetyme199
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
josh200612
OU
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:13 pm

OU wrote:
I can't wait for the "official excuse"

In reality, even shit from GNC can have this stuff that people test positive for. So while they should have been more careful in cases, I'm sure plenty of people were taking supplements that they had no idea where going to cause a failed drug test. Especially someone like Mo who has passed numerous tests for US wrestling

I'm for letting them use what they want though. The regulations need to be loosened
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:16 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
I can't wait for the "official excuse"

In reality, even shit from GNC can have this stuff that people test positive for. So while they should have been more careful in cases, I'm sure plenty of people were taking supplements that they had no idea where going to cause a failed drug test. Especially someone like Mo who has passed numerous tests for US wrestling

I'm for letting them use what they want though. The regulations need to be loosened
Well thanks for giving us the lame excuse before Mo. But I'm sure he or someone around him will echo something similar to this. But then you will have the weak ass "but at the end of the day I'm responsible for what I put into my body, sorry to all my fans".
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't know if its that lame of an excuse. Shit that you can walk into a mall and buy at GNC can cause failed drug tests. Sure its nice to think when its your job you have someone go through that entire list of ingredients and check and see if any of them are on a banned substances list, but that's certainly not happening all the time. I just hope we get to a day at some point where these silly discussions are over and guys can use whatever they want
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I don't know if its that lame of an excuse. Shit that you can walk into a mall and buy at GNC can cause failed drug tests. Sure its nice to think when its your job you have someone go through that entire list of ingredients and check and see if any of them are on a banned substances list, but that's certainly not happening all the time. I just hope we get to a day at some point where these silly discussions are over and guys can use whatever they want
It's absolutely a lame excuse. How many times have we heard that tired statement in sports? How many athletes have to plead ignorance? This is not something that should be sneaking up on anyone anymore. This is a known issue that athletes have to deal with. Just because it is legal for average Joe to take it doesn't mean it's accepted in professional sports. When you have someone elses health and career involved there are strict rules you must follow. Rules that are well known at this point in time. That excuse is 100% weak sauce.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:37 pm

These discussions are 100% weak sauce. Let 'em be free!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Quote :
"I'm very surprised about this. I am very careful about what I put into my body. I've never tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug. I've gone through, and still welcome, Olympic-style testing. I will do whatever is necessary to get to the bottom of this. I'm not a cheater. I might cheat at video games, but I never cheat at fighting."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:39 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Your support for all PEDs is weak sauce.

Last edited by OU on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
You're support for all PEDs is weak sauce.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Not at all. These discussions are ridiculous especially given the % of guys that are using things that "enhance performance". Its for sure closer to 100% than it is even 50%. Guys should be allowed to take what they need to work at maximum performance. Skill is still going to win out
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:43 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Not at all. These discussions are ridiculous especially given the % of guys that are using things that "enhance performance". Its for sure closer to 100% than it is even 50%. Guys should be allowed to take what they need to work at maximum performance. Skill is still going to win out
If added strength didn't give an advantage then people wouldn't bother taking PEDs.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Speak it, Mr. McCorkle

Quote :
Already on Tuesday, we've heard news about former Strikeforce light-heavyweight Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal testing positive for steroids, as well as the UFC implementing a performance-enhancing drugs screening for all new fighters about to sign a contract with the promotion.

Suffice it to say, finding a way to stop cheating is a big topic of the day.

UFC fighter Sean McCorkle, who has always been known for his blunt honesty, has another idea, though. If it were up to him, McCorkle would level the playing field by doing away with drug testing completely.

"What you end up with is a situation of where the guys who are beating the test, where the guys who can afford to get a doctor to prescribe whatever they want, where the guys who have access to stuff, they have an unfair advantage already," he said on Tuesday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I think we'd be pretty naive to think that every person who's ever taken anything was caught. So I think, to me, in all professional sports, I say, let guys do whatever they want to do and be done with it. I don't think anybody's going to make or break their career based on steroids unless you're talking about longevity, because to my understanding, the majority of them are used for recovery from injury."

He noted that at least when it comes to MMA, most athletes aren't looking to gain muscle mass since most have to cut weight during the course of training camp.

McCorkle (13-2) who had three fights in the UFC in a six-month stretch from Sept. 2010 to March 2011, is currently a free agent and has three fights scheduled for the future, with the first coming on January 28 on NAAFS' Caged Fury 16 card in Morgantown, West Virigina.

McCorkle hopes to parlay a win streak into another job with a major MMA organization, but even if he were thrust back into a job with other elite heavyweights, he would have no issue with fighting in a league with no drug testing, noting that "most guys who test positive have lost their fights."

Part of his issue with it stems from the difficulty of defining what is and isn't a PED.

"There's stuff at [nutrition store] GNC that will make you pee hot for a PED, and it's not necessarily something that's going to enhance your performance at all," he said. "It's just something that's banned."

As an example of the madness, he said that when he was in the UFC, he was told by company officials not to take Tylenol or aspirin during fight week. He also noted that PED problems are not simply an issue in MMA, but throughout the entire sports world, and one that will likely never be fully stopped.

"I always said in the past, the only people who take steroids are the guys who like winning and money," he said.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:31 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

If added strength didn't give an advantage then people wouldn't bother taking PEDs.

If you add enough muscle that you're getting a significant advantage in strength that would actually impact the result of fights you can pretty much kiss your current weight class good bye. I don't know many guys who are interested in that
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Say it aint so, Mo!
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

If you add enough muscle that you're getting a significant advantage in strength that would actually impact the result of fights you can pretty much kiss your current weight class good bye. I don't know many guys who are interested in that

yo bobbit its usually just an edge because of recovery abililities. You can shoot some test and workout long and recover faster. They only gain muscle if they are gaining weight. If its during a fight camp chances are they are not gaining weight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

If even one guy does not want to use Roids, he should not be forced into it because the sport allows it.

And PED's are so much more then just putting on muscle weight.

Bobbit in total weaksauce mode on this subject.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

yo bobbit its usually just an edge because of recovery abililities. You can shoot some test and workout long and recover faster. They only gain muscle if they are gaining weight. If its during a fight camp chances are they are not gaining weight.

I agree, that's what it is usually taken for. And I have zero problem with that
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

If even one guy does not want to use Roids, he should not be forced into it because the sport allows it.

He wouldn't have to be forced into anything. I think most people factor things like PEDs way too highly into results of fights. Skill on the feet and on the ground is going to win out over some shit dudes are taking leading up into the fight all day
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

He wouldn't have to be forced into anything. I think most people factor things like PEDs way too highly into results of fights. Skill on the feet and on the ground is going to win out over some shit dudes are taking leading up into the fight all day
Then why risk taking them at all? If PEDs had no impact on performance then why are so many athletes getting busted?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: steroids, Rogan had a Dr. he's familiar with on the podcast recently and they were discussing the Cyborg situation and then the guy gave his thoughts on drug testing in MMA

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19671667

Starts at like 19 minute mark, lasts about 25 minutes
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Then why risk taking them at all? If PEDs had no impact on performance then why are so many athletes getting busted?

I think most believe that like Cubua said, it helps in the training camp recovering from the bumps and bruises and lets you train at max performance. And a lot of them happen to be diuretics too, which I imagine would help with weight cutting shit but I'm not familiar with that side of it. Just conjecture, but I doubt many are taking shit with the thought that its going to give them some big advantage when the actual fight night rolls around
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:06 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I think most believe that like Cubua said, it helps in the training camp recovering from the bumps and bruises and lets you train at max performance. And a lot of them happen to be diuretics too, which I imagine would help with weight cutting shit but I'm not familiar with that side of it. Just conjecture, but I doubt many are taking shit with the thought that its going to give them some big advantage when the actual fight night rolls around
How is that not an advantage in itself? When under normal circumstances you wouldn't be able to get that kind of volume of training? Reduced recovery time is a big advantage. HELP in the weight cutting process is an advantage. I'm assuming, based on the discription, that it is less taxing on your body to make the cut. How are these not advantages? How is using artificial, illegal substances to come out of your training camp healthier and in better condition not an advantage?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Athlete A using no substance, coming in 100% natural is equal to the same athlete using PEDs to gain an advantage in training? The fighter is coming out of camp better then he would had he done it naturally. Otherwise, what is the point of using? If all things are equal, you wouldn't risk getting caught. When the substance has you in a better situation to fight then you would naturally, it's an advantage.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Barry Bonds at age 40 was hitting 70 HR's in a season. But it doesn't give guys an edge?

I mean c'mon. There is a reason they are called PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs.

The evidence is so overwelming, Im a little flabbergasted that people try and argue against it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo tests positive for steroids   King Mo tests positive for steroids - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo tests positive for steroids
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next