Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RG3 will be a better QB then Luck

Go down 
+9
MMAEYES
NoRegret
cheekynffc
timthebim
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
OU
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:57 pm

NoRegret wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
i don't get to see college ball in the uk unless i go fucking miles out of my way to watch it, so the draft always feels a bit like a lottery to me.

that said, the biggest knock i've heard about RG3 is the colour of his skin. if thats the worst thing about him, i'm hoping the dolphins make a play to trade up and draft the guy, we need a QB bad enough that it's worth taking a punt.

Better your team than mine...I really hope the Browns dont draft this dud.

RG3= the next Akili Smith
Why? Because he is black?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:00 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Cam Newton is also alot bigger and shows the same athleticism...honestly, I havent seen enough gametape on RG3 to see what kinda playmaker he is or anything like that...mainly because his team never won enough games to be relevant.
He won enough games to win the Heisman Trophy. Almost double the wins this year of your powerhouse team. They beat my powerhouse program this year for the first time in school history. They were snubbed out of a BCS game this year. The ONLY reason they became semi-relevant is RG3. Dude took that program far beyond anyone ever thought. Baylor has been the worst program in the Big 12 for forever. Also don't underestimate this kids intellect. Dude is super sharp.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
i don't get to see college ball in the uk unless i go fucking miles out of my way to watch it, so the draft always feels a bit like a lottery to me.

that said, the biggest knock i've heard about RG3 is the colour of his skin. if thats the worst thing about him, i'm hoping the dolphins make a play to trade up and draft the guy, we need a QB bad enough that it's worth taking a punt.
So how often do you listen to skinheads?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:52 am

RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 8d6f6c87_Bump3
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 am

Just cause RG3 had a better opening day doesn't prove shit as far as who will have the better career. although is sure as hell doesn't hurt either lol. But being a Colts fan I deny your prediction
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Just cause RG3 had a better opening day doesn't prove shit as far as who will have the better career. although is sure as hell doesn't hurt either lol. But being a Colts fan I deny your prediction
lol yeah I know. But this man is the truth. LOL at Regret thinking he is a bust just because he is black. RG3 has all the tools.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Def not making any predictions off one game. But def not looking fwd to having to deal with RG 2 times a year for the next 15.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 pm

What do people think now?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Still think RG3.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

The lesson as always: White pocket passers > all
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The lesson as always: White pocket passers > all
I don't think that race is even the slightest factor. I don't think we have ever seen a QB like RG3. So I guess you aren't a Kapernick fan?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Not at all. Kaepernick is one of the most overhyped NFL players I've seen in my lifetime. Must be the culture of fantasy football we live in
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Not at all. Kaepernick is one of the most overhyped NFL players I've seen in my lifetime. Must be the culture of fantasy football we live in
I'm not as high on him as most either but I don't think race is any factor in QB ability. I know we have a lot of very smart QBs in the NFL but I think RG3 is right up there with the best of them. Luck is smart guy himself. But I think RG3 being as bright as he is will allow him to have a very effective NFL career. He will go down as the best black QB of all time and one of the best of his generation IMO.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:40 pm

If he ever gets healthy then maybe, he's not right now
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
If he ever gets healthy then maybe, he's not right now
I think even if he loses his mobility he will still be an elite QB. He is an accurate passer and has been that way since his 1st year in college. His TD-INT ratio was amazing in college. Of course his speed adds another level to his game if he can get healthy. But I think he can adjust without it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:14 pm

They'll both go down as all-time greats but I have Luck being better.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:45 pm

i think RG3 needs to be careful not to fuck himself up.

i saw the eagles game and it looked to me like he's rushed himself back and his knee hasn't healed properly, he looked awkward and hobbled just moving around in the pocket.

shanahan and that dr andrews chap should've held him back a bit and not let him play until he was 100% imo. with what they gave up for him they need to have him for the next 10 years, they don't want him having wrecked, arthritic knees by his mid 20's.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 pm

At the point I think this is clear Luck and Wilson are the two best young qbs.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:28 am

Ninja wrote:
At the point I think this is clear Luck and Wilson are the two best young qbs.
I don't think it's clear at all. They have all played 1 season. Wilson is on a team with a great defense. I think Luck and RG3 would both be extremely successful in Seattle.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Luck is clearly the best IMO and will have the longest career. The other two are both good but RGIII has been taking a step back this season while clearly not being healthy. I'm worried that Washington is going to ruin his career
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:33 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Isnt he black?

Luck will be better

Called it
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 3:14 am

I said Luck will be better also. Luck will be the best QB in the league after AR.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:24 am

I wonder if the reason black QB's rarely pan out in the pro's is: because they can run, they never develop the ability to stick with the play? Then after getting knocked around in the pro's they lose athleticism, which then takes their confidence and they never get their footing back?

But after watching RG fizzle so quickly I can't help but be skeptical. And I don't want to say "black" qb's as much as running qb's. I had little faith in Manziel either.

Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:31 am

They have to be smarter when they run the ball. Russell Wilson does a good job of picking his moments.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 2:00 am

captain organic wrote:
I wonder if the reason black QB's rarely pan out in the pro's is: because they can run, they never develop the ability to stick with the play?   Then after getting knocked around in the pro's they lose athleticism, which then takes their confidence and they never get their footing back?

But after watching RG fizzle so quickly I can't help but be skeptical.   And I don't want to say "black" qb's as much as running qb's.   I had little faith in Manziel either.  

Randal Cunningham, Steve McNair, and Warren Moon beg to differ. The issue is more with these so called super athletic QB's who have speed on their side because generally they are small for the position. This leads to getting hurt more frequently. Guys who can run aren't always flops because they can run, so much as relying too heavily on it and getting hurt on open field tackles and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RG3 will be a better QB then Luck   RG3 will be a better QB then Luck - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RG3 will be a better QB then Luck
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2