Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted

Go down 
+2
OU
bobbitt15
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted Empty
PostSubject: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm down with that. Still a fight I want to see.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:32 pm

I hope this is not a signal that tourney's are on there way out.

Eddie vs Aoki is a sweet fight though. But one does wonder who the super fight for chandler will be.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:35 pm

captain organic wrote:

Eddie vs Aoki is a sweet fight though. But one does wonder who the super fight for chandler will be.
I think Bellator has made it very clear that tourneys is how they get down. If anything I think they will have MORE tourneys. Their motto is "title shots are earned not given".
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Efrian would be a great fit for Bellator. Not that he would win the tourney or anything but he would be competitive.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:52 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I think Bellator has made it very clear that tourneys is how they get down. If anything I think they will have MORE tourneys. Their motto is "title shots are earned not given".

Yep and I love that about them
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 pm

I don't think it's a sign that the tournaments are on their way out. Im just thinking Eddie wasnt up to do the tournament. Whether it's contract or just not wanting to do it.

I think guys like Marquardt didnt sign with Bellator because they didnt want to have up to 3 fights in a 2 month span. From Bellator's side, he probably wanted too much money to be not that entertaining or much of a draw.

I think Eddie is used to getting paid well and only fighting 3 times a year and maybe he is unsure if he's ready to get back in another champions, tournament winner clause, or take another loss along the way. He might almost be done with his contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I don't think it's a sign that the tournaments are on their way out. Im just thinking Eddie wasnt up to do the tournament. Whether it's contract or just not wanting to do it.

I think guys like Marquardt didnt sign with Bellator because they didnt want to have up to 3 fights in a 2 month span. From Bellator's side, he probably wanted too much money to be not that entertaining or much of a draw.

I think Eddie is used to getting paid well and only fighting 3 times a year and maybe he is unsure if he's ready to get back in another champions, tournament winner clause, or take another loss along the way.
He might almost be done with his contract.

+1
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Hoping Eddie gets a few more fights in to finish that contract and then makes his way to the big show
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 pm

I don't see them getting away from the tourney's. It's what separates them from everyone else and they like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted   Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted Empty

Back to top Go down

Alvarez not joining Bellator LW tourney...fight with Aoki still targeted
Page 1 of 1