Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license

Go down 
+7
throwdownfight1
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
OU
timthebim
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:31 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
How about this?

Thiago Silva vs Gegard Mousasi?
Too good for Thiago, he doesn't deserve it. Same for like Rich Franklin. Good matchup, but Thiago doesn't deserve it. He also matches up well vs Forrest, but again, he doesn't deserve the chance to put that win on his resume at the moment.

Now you've lost me. Silva even with the year off is generally considered top ten talent universally.
Thiago Silva pulled a bitch move. He needs a fight he will likely lose. A favorable matchup vs a known name is the last thing he should be given. He served his time, but the punishment isn't over.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:31 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
How about this?

Thiago Silva vs Gegard Mousasi?
Too good for Thiago, he doesn't deserve it. Same for like Rich Franklin. Good matchup, but Thiago doesn't deserve it. He also matches up well vs Forrest, but again, he doesn't deserve the chance to put that win on his resume at the moment.
hey, he payed his dues... i'd love to see him and Mousasi go at it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Dude has a family to provide for and had a fucked up back and couldn't afford to pull out of another fight. That's life. He did his time
Everyone has a story. Cheating as a professional, especially in a 1 on 1 combat sport, is inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:34 pm

He didn't pay his dues in my mind. Obviously just a fan giving my opinion. I'm hoping Thiago gets the worse possible matchup available to him.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 pm

OU wrote:
He didn't pay his dues in my mind. Obviously just a fan giving my opinion. I'm hoping Thiago gets the worse possible matchup available to him.
wtf are you talking about?! he payed the fines, and did the time required! HE PAYED HIS DUES!!! now if you disagree with the punishment then that's a different story but as of now, he's cleared to fight pending a meeting with the commission
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
wtf are you talking about?! he payed the fines, and did the time required! HE PAYED HIS DUES!!! now if you disagree with the punishment then that's a different story but as of now, he's cleared to fight pending a meeting with the commission
Just like I said, just my opinion as a fan. I think he should be bumped down the latter and he should be given the tough road. His bitch move hurts the integrity of the sport and effects the safety of his opponent. He didn't even turn in his own urine so who knows what kind of shit he was juiced up on? These are just my personal feelings on the subject.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

OU wrote:

What would you consider just due for him then?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:49 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Just like I said, just my opinion as a fan. I think he should be bumped down the latter and he should be given the tough road. His bitch move hurts the integrity of the sport and effects the safety of his opponent. He didn't even turn in his own urine so who knows what kind of shit he was juiced up on? These are just my personal feelings on the subject.
so who do you want him fighting... he's a favorite against pretty much anyone available. i just don't see ur reasoning here
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

I think I have made my thoughts fairly clear in this thread. I just want the tough road for him. Preferably starting with a fight he will likely lose. If you don't go that route then just stick him on the undercard with as difficult a style matchup as possible. What shouldn't be done is he shouldn't be featured on any card, his name shouldn't even be mentioned on whatever card he ends up on. He shouldn't be given a "name", especially one he matches up favorably with. Obviously these are just my personal feelings on the guy. They can put him SF and have him fight Feijao I suppose, but even that is too good for him. But I think he loses that fight so that would put him where he deserves to be.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

I think I have made my thoughts fairly clear in this thread. I just want the tough road for him. Preferably starting with a fight he will likely lose. If you don't go that route then just stick him on the undercard with as difficult a style matchup as possible. What shouldn't be done is he shouldn't be featured on any card, his name shouldn't even be mentioned on whatever card he ends up on. He shouldn't be given a "name", especially one he matches up favorably with. Obviously these are just my personal feelings on the guy. They can put him SF and have him fight Feijao I suppose, but even that is too good for him. But I think he loses that fight so that would put him where he deserves to be.
by your thinking he wins any fight they send him... think about it, there isn't a wrestler that can beat him, as he ALMOST beat Evans with a fucked up back.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

OU wrote:

Don't you think Zuffa did the hurting by setting the initial precedence, "fight injured, don't pull out, that would be bad, we'll pay you." The falloff carried over to Thiago I would think some to once again fight injured, anyway he could. He manned up, paid the money, sat the year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:59 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

Don't you think Zuffa did the hurting by setting the initial precedence, "fight injured, don't pull out, that would be bad, we'll pay you." The falloff carried over to Thiago I would think some to once again fight injured, anyway he could. He manned up, paid the money, sat the year.
I have a very difficult time swallowing that term in this situation. He used some kind of illegal substance that gave him an advantage in a 1 on 1 combat competition. He paid money, served a suspension, but IMO(who the hell am I?)...he deserves more punishment. Call me crazy, maybe I'm holding too big of a grudge, just my thoughts on the subject.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:00 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

I have a very difficult time swallowing that term in this situation. He used some kind of illegal substance that gave him an advantage in a 1 on 1 combat competition. He paid money, served a suspension, but IMO(who the hell am I?)...he deserves more punishment. Call me crazy, maybe I'm holding too big of a grudge, just my thoughts on the subject.
Krazy with a fucking K!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:35 pm

i hope they don't make a rematch with Vera. Take the NC and run, Vera.

Silva is a good fighter. Still missing that big win though.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:09 am

wait, ou, arent u a barnett fan.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 am

throwdownfight1 wrote:
wait, ou, arent u a barnett fan.
heeelllll naw, I do not like Barnett. Never have. With the retirement of Brock Lesnar, Barnett is my least favorite HW.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 am

Totally down with Thiago vs Gustaffson in Sweden even though I think it will be Lil Nog instead
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Mousassi's first victim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Mousassi's first victim.
You really think Mousasi will be allowed to make the jump to the UFC before Gil? I don't.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

He would lose to Thiago anyway
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Would be a great fight I think. Send Thiago to SF, he would have good fights with any of their big 3.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:31 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Would be a great fight I think. Send Thiago to SF, he would have good fights with any of their big 3.
I think Fejiao would be a great fight. I think he would fit in well at SF, it's not like he has a prayer at UFC gold anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:45 pm

It's settled then Thiago shall do battle with American Psycho !
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Ali wrote:
It's settled then Thiago shall do battle with American Psycho !
Can they both juice heading into the fight? Maybe they can turn in the piss from a bald eagle for their test?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license   Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thiago Silva is now free to re-apply for his license
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next