Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

They fooled us!

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
Primetyme199
josh200612
killerofchicken
acccardinal12
9 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:48 am

Brock, Zuffa, Frank Mir, Heath, and Randy.

They fooled us! Haters and congratulaters...they fooled us.

I'm the first "congrats guy" on the bandwagon they fooled. Who else wants to own up? Brock is a bitch and I am sorry for saying he is still top 10 with a loss. His whole career was fake!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:48 am

Vinny Mac and Dana did this to us. You know it!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:24 am

Yo I'm hammered too beast! Happy new year fucker
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:45 am

Stfu! He's still top ten
Back to top Go down

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:32 am

Not now that he's retired.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:16 pm

I see at least 10 hws beating him...
Back to top Go down

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:59 pm

I knew there was no way such an Adonis of a man like Frank Mir could have lost to Brock fairly, he took a dive because Dana and Vince threatened him with having Mr Socko shoved down his throat

They fooled us! 25715
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Mr. Socko > all
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:48 pm

I like Dave Castillo's take on Lesnar.

Brock entered the sport an older man, and in his 4th professional fight became the UFC HW champion. He beat Couture, who took out Tim Sylvia and Gabriel Gonzaga prior: two fighters who were legitimate contenders for their time. He defended his belt twice. And somewhere in there dealt with diverticulitis.

While images of Brock on his "death bed" conjured up by Dana White might be hyperbolic, I'd say his sickness was an element of his deterioration. At a time when Brock was at his absolute peak, when gym time was at its most critical, Brock could neither fight nor train. 'Fever, abdominal tenderness, sudden and severe pain of the abdomen, nausea'...these are just a few symptoms you can read about from any medical cheat sheet on just what exactly was ailing Brock.

And I have no doubt this took a toll. There was the obvious physical toll, in conjunction with Brock's age, but there also the toll on Brock's much-needed experience. He fought once in 2009, twice in 2010, and just once in 2011.

To me, the truth about Brock is that he always had a limited window to be successful. And in that limited window, his career was halted on two important occasions. Would fighting three times a year every year until now have changed anything? Perhaps not. But at least we might have a clearer image of Brock the fighter.

At the same time, Brock's success is also a reflection of the HW division. Never a division of great depth, HW will always be home to flawed fighters on the biggest scale. Brock wanted to call himself a mixed martial artist, and he became that. He wanted to call himself a UFC champion, and he did. Brock doesn't necessarily leave a legacy so much as the legacy that exists on Brock Lesnar reflects the landscape of mixed martial arts. MMA hasn't experienced its own Cambrian explosion.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:19 pm

and i'm usually the first on the told ya so wagon...so...told ya so

Kidding. Brock had a couple really good wins so he's not a joke...but it got a little out of hand there for awhile.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:45 pm

the ufc has fooled us numerous time. Making us think cro cop was a real threat to the elite in the cage(his biggest win is over a cheater in barnett). Makin us think pride fighters wer better(2years followin prides downfall 60% of their guys lost against ufc vets n the cage). Makin us think rampage would have alot of ko's(last prime fighter page ko'd was chuck almost 5 years ago). And as of recent makin us think guillard was a ''mature'' fighter. Protecting tuf winners like mcgee and el cucuy. Saying nog was the better fighter than mir all around(in reality his 2 biggest wins wer over timmy and cro cop n fights he got dropped multiple times and owned right before the sub). In the end the ufc/zuffa over hypes alot of fighters but wen u break it down brock is not different from other hypes other than the fact that many hws cant say they have held the ufc hw title with wins over 3 top 5 hws and all by finishes at the time he fought them. Just facts, thats all
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:49 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
the ufc has fooled us numerous time. Making us think cro cop was a real threat to the elite in the cage(his biggest win is over a cheater in barnett). Makin us think pride fighters wer better(2years followin prides downfall 60% of their guys lost against ufc vets n the cage). Makin us think rampage would have alot of ko's(last prime fighter page ko'd was chuck almost 5 years ago). And as of recent makin us think guillard was a ''mature'' fighter. Protecting tuf winners like mcgee and el cucuy. Saying nog was the better fighter than mir all around(in reality his 2 biggest wins wer over timmy and cro cop n fights he got dropped multiple times and owned right before the sub). In the end the ufc/zuffa over hypes alot of fighters but wen u break it down brock is not different from other hypes other than the fact that many hws cant say they have held the ufc hw title with wins over 3 top 5 hws and all by finishes at the time he fought them. Just facts, thats all

Shut up.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 pm

I was going to pick apart individual pieces of that but it isn't worth the time. Still, Yves Edwards in your 2nd fight post-TUF is protecting? Whatever

BTW, this thread reminded me of the time that BBC wouldn't let it die for months that Diego Sanchez intentionally lost to Hathaway and that it was a worked fight
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:17 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I was going to pick apart individual pieces of that but it isn't worth the time. Still, Yves Edwards in your 2nd fight post-TUF is protecting? Whatever

BTW, this thread reminded me of the time that BBC wouldn't let it die for months that Diego Sanchez intentionally lost to Hathaway and that it was a worked fight

Priceless!!!!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:48 am

Hathaway was given that fight with a bow on top. They fooled us....well they fooled u guys, not me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:12 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Hathaway was given that fight with a bow on top. They fooled us....well they fooled u guys, not me. Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

They fooled us! Empty
PostSubject: Re: They fooled us!   They fooled us! Empty

Back to top Go down

They fooled us!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Fight Discussion :: MMA-
Jump to: