Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rate UFC 141

Go down 
+5
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
throwdownfight1
timthebim
GDPofDRC
9 posters

Rate UFC 141
10- Best Evah
Rate UFC 141 Vote_lcap0%Rate UFC 141 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
9- Excellent, Highly memorable
Rate UFC 141 Vote_lcap7%Rate UFC 141 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
8- Above average, some memorable content
Rate UFC 141 Vote_lcap29%Rate UFC 141 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
7-Average
Rate UFC 141 Vote_lcap14%Rate UFC 141 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
6-OK, a bit underwheling
Rate UFC 141 Vote_lcap43%Rate UFC 141 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
5- UFC 135
Rate UFC 141 Vote_lcap7%Rate UFC 141 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
4- Meh
 0% [ 0 ]
3- UFC 97
 0% [ 0 ]
2- Nothing
 0% [ 0 ]
1- Fuck Dana
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 pm

Thought is was rather disappointing.

Tell me 70% of the fights will go the distance and the Fitch fight wouldn't be one of them and I'd laugh at yer face, but it happned. Close decisions but none really memorable or none loaded with too much drama that I saw, a couple of good scraps though. Plus a canceled fight! Low, low lead up to the PPV wich it self was typical 7 or 8 range.

Phan was a total beatdown, and same with Daiz vs Cerrone, which while impressive was a letdown. Really thought that would be a competitive affair.

Was nice to see Hendricks get that beautiful KO. KO of the night no problem.

Vlady got handled with little surprise from Gustafsson.

And Reem is what he is, very dangerous and still understated. He treated Brock no different and finished no later than he did the handful of fighters people are so quick to call cans he's stopped inthe past 3 years.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:55 pm

I went 6. Diaz looked awesome and Overeem was also impressive but the card missed the hype by a mile. I thought this had potential to be a great card and it was average at best.
Back to top Go down

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 pm

8/10

Although they almost ruined my love for the card by showing highlights of Stun Gun's fight righter after Hendricks smashed Fitch, talk about killing the momentum.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:22 pm

i gave the main card an 8. Hettis looked really good against phan. Didnt mind it went 3 rds. Wlady fight was expectd. Huge surprise by hendricks. Lets be honest, fitch win that fight 9 out of 10 times and last night he just got caught. Legit stoppage but fitch will still be an elite ww a year from now, dont know how far hendricks will climb though. I always said never to count nate out. Was surprised though donald came out agressive like that. I believ after eating the first few he realized he shoudnt of underestimated nate and tamd himself the rest of the fight. Good win for nate but would still lose to the top wrestlers of the division. As for the main event only problem i have is lesnar didnt really look like he tried. His take downs wer sloppy and wasnt tryin to preasure the fight. Great leg kick by overeem, he put everything behind it and seems he is now finding a better way to utilize his k1 n mma alot more effectively. Fight went as most predicted with one of the 2 most powerfull hws finishing the other fast. Him vs jds should be good but dont think his chin will hold up. Good main card. The 2 decs in the main card wer entertainin fights
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Shitty card.

Cerrone totally hyped himself out of control and looked like he was running on fumes 2 minutes into the fight. That wasn't FOTN material, it was laughable

Main event sucked

Fun to watch Fitch finally get put the fuck out and placed back 8 wins from a title shot

Nice performances from Hettes and Gustaffson
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:08 pm

Actually I have to give this card a bump just for Danny Castillo looking like he was about to cry like a bitch in that post fight interview. Dude did no damage did Njoukani at all and then was surprised people didn't like his performance and was on the verge of tears. With the exception of Faber and Joe, all those team Alpha Males dudes seem like they're the biggest douches ever. Frat boy mentality
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Ali wrote:
8/10

Although they almost ruined my love for the card by showing highlights of Stun Gun's fight righter after Hendricks smashed Fitch, talk about killing the momentum.
Stungun had a great showing! i enjoyed his fight last night, his stand up looks much improved... probably thank Sensei Segal for the awesome crane kick
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:24 am

i gave it a 6, mostly decent fights but no really good ones. there wasn't a fight of the night.

hettes and diaz were very impressive and fitch might have to win his next couple of boring decisions on the undercard.
Back to top Go down

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:00 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
8/10

Stungun had a great showing! i enjoyed his fight last night, his stand up looks much improved... probably thank Sensei Segal for the awesome crane kick

I had to switch over to Babestation to stop my self falling alseep.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:35 pm

i still havent watch the full card outside of the main fights, and these reviews arent inspiring me to watch the full card.

Im happy as hell Reem convincingly destroyed Lesnar. That was the highlihgt for me. JDS-Overeem is going to be a great fight. JDS is quicker and better with his hands..but Reem i think has more guns in the striking department with his knees and kicks. Plus, you never know if the fight will hit the mat and i give Reem the edge there.

I also have to laugh at the Cerrone. It's amazing that it was him that was talking all the shit coming into this fight and he really didnt have much for Nate. That was the Cerrone i pretty much expected when he came from WEC though i'll admit to getting on the hype train but the more i thought about the Nate Diaz matchup the more i thought Nate Diaz actually had a signigicant edge on Cowboy.

Fitch just got caught early by a powerful guy. If they booked a rematch with Fitch-Hendricks...i'd probably pick Fitch. So, i'm not totally on the Hendricks badwagon though i've always felt he was incredibly underrated.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 am

I thought it was a good card. My only problems were the showing of Stunguns fight after the Fitch KO and that I felt there should've been another big name fight on the card.

Other than that

Were most the fights exciting? Check
Surprise ending? Fitch KO-Check
Joe Rogan over hyping someone that gets worked? Joe giving every advantage to Cowboy lol-Check

I mean this was your standard good ufc card imo
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:42 am

the fitch and gustafsson fights ended sharpish so i suppose they had to show something to fill some time before the main events.

nothing spectacular happened in the prelims though, the pearson/assuncao fight was alright and hettes and stun gun produced impressive wins so i guess it would've had to be one of those fights to be shown as the others were no great shakes.
Back to top Go down

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I thought it was a good card. My only problems were the showing of Stunguns fight after the Fitch KO and that I felt there should've been another big name fight on the card.

Other than that

Were most the fights exciting? Check
Surprise ending? Fitch KO-Check
Joe Rogan over hyping someone that gets worked? Joe giving every advantage to Cowboy lol-Check

I mean this was your standard good ufc card imo

+1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 am

Brock got his ass beat into retirement and Nate Diaz dominated in the co-main event. Ada, Oklahoma kid KOs Fitch...Best eva? Almost.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Wow a 9. I pity da fool and hope they watch more.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:54 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Wow a 9. I pity da fool and hope they watch more.
How can you not see how I would personally enjoy this card more then most? I enjoyed it very much. I knew exactly what would happen and it played out just as I thought, very satisfying for me personally.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:08 pm

If Ii only watched the three fights you mentioned I'd be right with you. I didn't.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:11 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
If Ii only watched the three fights you mentioned I'd be right with you. I didn't.
They carried the card pretty far in my book. Gus destroying Janitor wasn't bad either. I was rooting for Janitor but I ain't mad at Gus.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:52 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/1/3/2680948/ufc-141-ratings-prelims-spike-tv-1-8-million-viewers-second-best-dec-30-mma
The final episode on the network reeled in 1.8 million viewers, which is
good enough for second-best in 26 total broadcasts, according to MMAWeekly.com. UFC 126, which featured Donald Cerrone vs. Paul Kelly and Chad Mendes vs. Michihiro Omigawa, earlier this year sits in the top spot with 2 million viewers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rate UFC 141 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate UFC 141   Rate UFC 141 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate UFC 141
Page 1 of 1