Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
Ludo
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 Empty
PostSubject: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 pm

I think this could be a slugfest. Browne should win but he better up his cardio from his last fight.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Honestly I think Griggs has a shot, but he's going to have to do a better job of finishing than he did with Bigfoot if he gets the chance. I'd pick Browne to win this fight but it should be pretty close up until someone gets knocked out.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Browne made me a believer with the Kongo fight. Good fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:25 pm

well, thats it for browne.

fun while it lasted
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:42 pm

I like Browne big. Fun story for Griggs, but I still don't think he's a good fighter
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:46 pm

i like griggs but travis is just simply the better fighter here.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 10:36 am

Ludo wrote:
Honestly I think Griggs has a shot, but he's going to have to do a better job of finishing than he did with Bigfoot if he gets the chance. I'd pick Browne to win this fight but it should be pretty close up until someone gets knocked out.

Bigfoot?

I think your thinking Mike Kyle.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:29 am

Seriously speaking, i place Browne as the favorite because he's fought better fighters or atleast better FIGHTER(Kongo) , bigger, great coaches, has success, and nothing talent wise really...i've seen the guy in 3-4 fights now where he has success and i still don't even know what he's good at. I think his fight with Kongo was an aberration, plus Kongo should have got the decision and Struve and Broughton are no significant prizes over Lashley, Oldereem, or Villante...although they hype Struve as more than he is..a scrub pretty much they gets to fight cans in between middle of the pack fighters who kick his ass everytime.

Look, Griggs is going to get his ass kicked completely one of these days. I just don't view Travis fuckin Browne as the "legit" guy thats going to absolutely expose Griggs. They are kind of the same stories only Griggs has been more entertaining and stands out more as a goofy underachiever because he was originally attended to be a squash match for Lashley and looks like a construction worker. When in reality, he performance has been more impressive. I just don't see where the talent gap is that this won't be a fight where Griggs agressive balls out style can prevail like it has in the past. He has beaten fighters with more established bases meant to expose Griggs like Lashley and Villante.

my early pick is Browne based on the fact he did get a draw in an extremely ugly fight with Kongo where everybody watching at the time was discussing what in the world could be wrong with Kongo that a fighter with seemingly no base was giving him so much trouble..but its really not placing Griggs too high to think that Browne is not that much of a step up from who has fought before.

This is actually a pretty good fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 12:00 am

Struve would beat the shit out of Lashley, Othereem, and Villante. Definitely a class above those guys. Valentijn tapped after getting punched in the face one time, so embarrassing that it looked like Alistair wanted to disown him from the family when asked about it. And Villante has looked like total dog shit in every fight he's had in SF. Lashley just doesn't have cardio

I don't think the world of Travis Browne at all, but Chad Griggs hasn't beaten anybody worth a pile of beans
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:24 am

I read the title of the thread and thought, "Man, there's no way they're gonna make that weight." Stupid me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145   Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145 Empty

Back to top Go down

Travis Browne vs Chad Griggs at 145
Page 1 of 1