Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flyweight tournament for March 3rd

Go down 
+5
CainVelasquezFan
GDPofDRC
Ludo
KingsOwn19
Ninja
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Flyweight tournament for March 3rd Empty
PostSubject: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 am

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 am

See Joe winning this.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:51 am

I got Benavidez as well.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:32 am

I would like to see a Dodson vs Silva matchup.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:11 am

Well I think it's a no brainer that Dodsen will be moving down as soon as he's able. Plus Kenny Florian might cut off one of his legs and try his hand at flyweight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Nice, looking forward to seeing them make a Flyweight page on ufc.com and who they populate it with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:10 pm

mighty mouse vs. benavidez should provide a hell of a championship fight and create some buzz for the new division.. now if they can both win so this match comes true because this is what i want to see
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Uncle Creepy has this sewed up fellas. He and Mighty Mouse should be a war! I can't wait for this one.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:43 pm

The new TUF kid should be interesting in this division as well.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm thinking McCall is gonna really surprise van all of you who haven't seen him fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm thinking McCall is gonna really surprise van all of you who haven't seen him fight.

Seen him Inside MMA.... He seemed like a huge doosh. Haven't seen him fight though.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:26 pm

dodson should make a splash in the division.. and ive see all his wec fights and his last one vs. montague... guy is different lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 pm

I have been dreaming over the Joe vs Mouse matchup for a long time now. However I'm not sure I can pass up on Uncle Creepy here. I'm still hoping Gomez and Mongoose get a chance in the UFC. This will instantly be one of my fav weight classes.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Seen him Inside MMA.... He seemed like a huge doosh. Haven't seen him fight though.
Never seen him fight? He is a weirdo but damn he can fight. I'm big on Creepy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Ian McCall will make his UFC debut in March at UFC on FX 2 in Australia against recent UFC bantamweight title challenger Demetrious Johnson. And as a representative of UFC's new flyweight division, McCall (11-2) wants to introduce himself to fans in a dramatic way.

"I became No. 1 for a reason," McCall said Monday on The MMA Hour. "I rededicated myself, I think that [135-pounders] don't finish people enough. I'm a finisher. I can make it exciting. I can make it what people want to see. That's one thing I can promise that people will be always be happy after I fight."

McCall admits his first experience under the Zuffa banner was underwhelming. Fighting for the Zuffa-era WEC in 2007 and 2009, McCall compiled a 1-2 record with the promotion.

"I kinda blew it in the WEC," the 27-year-old said. "I took it for granted. I didn't work very hard."

Since his last WEC fight, McCall has won four straight, including a win over Jussier da Silva to earn his No. 1 standing at flyweight.

Now, McCall will take on Johnson in the semifinals of an unofficial tournament to crown the first-ever UFC flyweight champion. Top contender Joseph Benavidez will take on 123-pound Shooto champ Yasuhiro Urushitani on the other side of the bracket.

McCall thinks Johnson is the ideal opponent to show what he's all about.

"i really, really wanted this fight because he's so talented," McCall said. "And also because he's riding so high and everyone is so stoked on him. I think it's a good fight for me. I think I match up well -- not only to win but to make it exciting. I like challenging myself. I don't want to go in there and fight some random guy who sucks. I want to fight the best."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:17 pm

As much as I have drooled over MM vs Joe for the first UFC Fly title. I think I might have to go Creepy here. Very tough call, I'm very torn on both what I want and what I think will happen.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Johnson has looked good in losing his last two fights so it is tough either way. Hard to see Urshitani not getting layed on for 15.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 pm

They need to start making more Fly matchups ASAP! Any other current UFC fighter that you can imagine making the drop? I know Dodson and a couple others were brought on TUF that were expected to be Flys eventually.

But TPF seems to be very willing and happy to get guys into Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:31 pm

I could see these guys cutting down
Raphael Assuncao
Chris Cariaso
Josh Ferguson
Louis Gaudinot
Scott Jorgensen
Vaughan Lee
Norifumi Yamamoto
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:44 pm

latest word from Gomez on twitter is no call from the UFC yet. Really hoping he gets the call, no doubt in my mind he is at min top 10 fly. Even if he is currently at BW, fly is where he belongs.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

I caught that one. It took a sec and then I lmao.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 am

Ulysses Gomez
@uselessgomez

Ill be your huckleberry... RT @jackhammer135: I'm calling out the badest 125er out there to fight (cont) tl.gd/enscv7
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:00 pm

jared papazian lost to a guy named shad? hmmm set it up tachi!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:02 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
jared papazian lost to a guy named shad? hmmm set it up tachi!
In all seriousness, this kid is only 23 and would be a nice addition to the new UFC fly.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Demetrious Johnson
@MightyMouseUFC

Am session done great work out this morning with sakurai time to go get some grub #teammighty pic.twitter.com/3TNsUn8i
Flyweight tournament for March 3rd AhImnxtCMAEisP0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyweight tournament for March 3rd   Flyweight tournament for March 3rd Empty

Back to top Go down

Flyweight tournament for March 3rd
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next