Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem

Go down 
+5
bobbitt15
OU
Cu Bu
cheekynffc
Ninja
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem Empty
PostSubject: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:22 am

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:36 am

that just sounds like the inarticulate warblings of a fan on the internet.

does rutten have a reputation for indulging in a bit of jackanory to keep his face on the telly?

most of that stuff he doesn't really have any business talking to journalists about and the 'he was like, i was like' nature of the interview lacks credibility
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:11 am

i believe Bas
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 am

Cu Bu wrote:
i believe Bas
me too
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:35 am

cheekynffc wrote:

does rutten have a reputation for indulging in a bit of jackanory to keep his face on the telly?

most of that stuff he doesn't really have any business talking to journalists about and the 'he was like, i was like' nature of the interview lacks credibility
Bas has no reason to lie. He has always been a straight shooter. As long as I could remember he has always been friends and spoke highly of Overeem. There is a reason for his tone on the matter to change. For Overeem to compare his old trainer to his house cleaner is just low.

Last edited by Ninja on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 am

Hope its true. Love a good heel turn. Don't buy all of it though
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:48 am

cheekynffc wrote:

Thank you, I mean it's not like a guy is gonna just automatically be on his homies side right Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:51 am

"Dang cat on my hat, Dr Bas" -Bas Rutten
Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem Scaled_php_medium
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 am

I agree that no fighter should make a claim like "now I'm a legend" even though Reem was just saying that k-1 champions are legends and that he beat a legend in Pete so now he's a legend, how terrible!

I'm not believing this just cause it's Bas, sorry

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 am

I give it a "who knows?"

Get Reem on Inside MMA so that this can all be hashed out.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:27 am

Heres my thing, Reem's lawyer found stuff in his contract that he didn't know about, how the fuck is Reem in the wrong here again? Oh because Bas said so oh Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:47 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Heres my thing, Reem's lawyer found stuff in his contract that he didn't know about, how the fuck is Reem in the wrong here again? Oh because Bas said so oh Rolling Eyes

and what were those things?

Such a proclamation by Reem deserves an eye roll as well.

U gotta admit that GG turning into the bad guy on the eve of Reem going UFC is a bit odd no?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

and what were those things?

Such a proclamation by Reem deserves an eye roll as well.

U gotta admit that GG turning into the bad guy on the eve of Reem going UFC is a bit odd no?
Something doesn't add up, that's for sure. Reem was saying great things about GG not very long ago at all. The switch from "they treat me right" to "they fucked me" was pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 pm

I take Bas's word over Alister's any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:39 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I agree that no fighter should make a claim like "now I'm a legend" even though Reem was just saying that k-1 champions are legends and that he beat a legend in Pete so now he's a legend, how terrible!

I'm not believing this just cause it's Bas, sorry

Bas said it so that is why you won't believe it? Why, what is so in-genuine about Rutten to you?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:48 pm

What is so in-genuine about Ubereem?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 pm

He seems snobish mostly which makes what Bas says not real shocking, but not much else really, still if I'm picking who I believe more when either tells something, it's Bas hands down.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 pm

What I'm saying is his opinion has a conflict of interest, he's a GG guy, it should surprise no one that he is taking their side and shitting on Reem, it also shouldn't be surprising that Reem switched stances on GG so quickly cause thats what you do when you find out someone is fucking you behind your back.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:55 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
What I'm saying is his opinion has a conflict of interest, he's a GG guy, it should surprise no one that he is taking their side and shitting on Reem, it also shouldn't be surprising that Reem switched stances on GG so quickly cause thats what you do when you find out someone is fucking you behind your back.
Well that is Reem's side of the story. We don't know the facts yet. But if that is the case, it just happened to be perfect timing, right when he gets the big one.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Sounds like Reem is the one shitting, on all the people who had his back in the birth, ups, and downs of his career. New money says he doesn't need people like that since they get paid.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:57 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

but does Bas's point about GG standing behind Reem during his bad times not stand? Im not saying they made Reem, but they certainly helped him get to where he is today.

Again, what is the big difference now, as opposed to prior? Zuffa. Coincidence?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:57 pm

And if Reem is just making stuff up can't GG sue his ass for slander?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:58 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
And if Reem is just making stuff up can't GG sue his ass for slander?
They did file a counter suit right away.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Of course GG helped Reem out huge but should he just be cool with them putting shit in his contract that he didn't know about or agree to just because they didn't drop him as a fighter when he was losing???
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:02 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Of course GG helped Reem out huge but should he just be cool with them putting shit in his contract that he didn't know about or agree to just because they didn't drop him as a fighter when he was losing???

There have been no details on that as far as I know, so it is hard to comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem   Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem Empty

Back to top Go down

Bas Rutten goes off on Overeem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next