Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt Empty
PostSubject: Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt   Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:40 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15609565.stm

A very slick performance from Scotsman Ricky Burns in his first fight at lightweight, outpointing the popular old warhorse Michael Katsidis for an interim strap of some description.

I like this kid and rate his boxing skills as good as anyone at or around the weight although he only has 9 KO's from 35 fights. The lack of power may be a concern but i think he'd be a hard nights work for anyone at lightweight, including marquez or guerrero.

I think Burns is of genuine world class and criminally under appreciated here in the UK, hopefully now he'll have the opportunity to secure some big fights and gain the recognition he deserves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt   Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Good performance from Ricky, he bagged the rounds early and weathered the storm late. He's definitely top ten worthy but I feel his lack of power will hamper him against the elite.

Would like to see Burns face Kevin Mitchell next.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt   Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Nice win by Burns. I thought for sure Katsidis would beat him.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt   Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:48 am

Ali wrote:
Good performance from Ricky, he bagged the rounds early and weathered the storm late. He's definitely top ten worthy but I feel his lack of power will hamper him against the elite.

that would be a good one.

i think mitchell had an off night against katsidis and is capable challenging for titles, he also promised john murray a rematch if he ever won a belt so lets hope he gets one so we can see some more of that Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt   Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:44 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
Ali wrote:

that would be a good one.

i think mitchell had an off night against katsidis and is capable challenging for titles, he also promised john murray a rematch if he ever won a belt so lets hope he gets one so we can see some more of that Very Happy

Murray will be in intensive care after Rios is done with him.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt   Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:07 pm

It was a good fight, I thought the fight was closer then the score cards indicated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt   Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt Empty

Back to top Go down

Burns Beats Katsidis For A Lightweight Belt
Page 1 of 1