Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread Empty
PostSubject: Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread   Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 am

I've noticed over the past year or so that Mr. Varner thinks he's hot shit because he's WEC champ but i thought about it. Does this guy even rank top 20? i don't think so. I think it's possible he does not even rank 30, but i'll admit i'm not sold on that number. Fact is...Varner has never beaten anybody. Even Cowboy Cerrone has never exactly beaten anybody. Razor Rob is the same. Anyways, this thread is to figure out where exactly Mr. Varner stands in not just Zuffa but the world of known LW's. I will admit, his recent foot to mouth spat on Andrei Arlovski, Fedor Emelianenko, and Bret Rogers inspired me to make this thread.

OK, right off the bat...let's remove him from the top 20 by naming 20 fighters who would eat his children.

Jamie Varner would not only get humiliated, but possibly brutally raped and murdered by the following, in no particular order as it pertains to rank...

BJ Penn
Diego Sanchez
Shinya Aoki
Kenny Florian
Joachim Hansen
Sean Sherk
Clay Guida
Frankie Edgar
Eddie Alvarez
Gilbert Melendez
Josh Thomson
Gesias Calvancante
Gray Maynard
Roger Heurta
Tyson Griffin
Mizuto Hirota
Tatsuya Kawijiri
Takanori Gomi
Satoru Kitaoka
Joe Stevenson

Just to get the obvious ones out of the way...we've already established that Varner is fairly irrelevant here. To tell you the truth. There are a lot of other guys floating around UFC and the rest of the MMA, and even in WEC who would crush Mr. Varner. So, who else do you see crushing Mr. Varner...I think we can easily move him to the mid 30's and possibly into the 40's.

Who else would own Varner...?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread   Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:53 am

agreed would like to see him face someone worth a shit to see where he stands. I wouldnt call him a bum though. not that you did Im just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread   Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Varner was making Hermes look like fool in their fight when he was young. IMO he is underrated.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread   Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 pm

I'm with Ninja on this, Varner is better than you're giving him credit for.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread   Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Varner, Cowboy, Smooth, all these dudes could hang with any of the other LW's not named Aoki or Penn. Win some, loose some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread   Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm going to steal your quote wolfy and say "Be real". Anybody outside of Penn and Aoki? All the guys i listed would be heavily favored vs. Varner. Perhaps it would be a fight but Varner is meh. I'll throw in guys like Nate Diaz, HERMAS FRANCA(the fool who won) Louzan bros. Dos Anjos and more who would beat him since people arent keeping up with the theme of this thread. If he was able to hang with any of those guys, UFC would have purchased his contract a long time ago because no way anybody i listed would be caught dead in WEC these days. When it looked like Carlos Condit and Brock Larson were somewhat special, UFC devoured the welterweight division, just not the case with the LW's and it's not like they have any reason to care if WEC has their LW division, the only thing that draws in that company is the FW division...Varner, Cerrone and Smooth would never get past the Daddy Stevenson test, assuming they even got that far.

That fact is, he belongs in WEC in the 4 man division consisting ZERO top 20 and possibly 25 lightweights and he is simply nothing special.

I think we can all atleast agree he should keep Andrei Arlovski, Fedor, and even Brett Rogers name out his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread   Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official LW's who would humiliate Jamie Varner thread
Page 1 of 1