Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adult deer found inside python in Everglades

Go down 
+6
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
cascade_run
timthebim
acccardinal12
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Did i miss something?

I thought this Python was found and killed in the Everglades, a wetland..its habitat. Maybe i read that wrong.

The point you are trying to make or question you are asking is moot to me since it does not argue anything i said in the thread. I never talked for or against killing exotic animals in the case of them being out of their habitat and an IMMEDIATE and legit danger to people. You didnt notice my rant regarding the killing of up to 50 exotic animals let loose in Ohio a few weeks back did you? Thats because there wasnt a rant.

but Tim originally put it as "anything that can consume something that big oughta be killed anyway" even though this Python posed no threat to anybody that isnt aimlessly wandering in a subtropical wetland that has dangerous reptiles(in that case, a python is probaly not what they should be worried about) and i thought that was just ridiculous..

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Did i miss something?

I thought this Python was found and killed in the Everglades, a wetland..its habitat. Maybe i read that wrong.

The point you are trying to make or question you are asking is moot to me since it does not argue anything i said in the thread. I never talked for or against killing exotic animals in the case of them being out of their habitat and an IMMEDIATE and legit danger to people. You didnt notice my rant regarding the killing of up to 50 exotic animals let loose in Ohio a few weeks back did you? Thats because there wasnt a rant.

but Tim originally put it as "anything that can consume something that big oughta be killed anyway" even though this Python posed no threat to anybody that isnt aimlessly wandering in a subtropical wetland that has dangerous reptiles(in that case, a python is probaly not what they should be worried about) and i thought that was just ridiculous..

actually, the python is not a native animal in the everglades... it has been introduced and let loose by reckless "pet" owners and is killing and threatening the local wildlife in the area.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:06 am

If the hillbillies would have cooked up that deer would it have made it OK then? What if they made the snake into a nice pair of shoes as well would that be enough to justify the killing? What if that snake had already eaten a neighbors dog is it OK then?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:31 pm

what are you talking about OU?...but +1 killer, i missed that. That does change the situation. It does not really mean it had to be killed, but definitely had to be removed from the area...and who knows, maybe it would not have been killed if it did not provide a days entertainment for some pig fuckers or provided an internet worthy snap shot..but i don't buy that "what if it was a kid?" shit Tim was selling.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:40 pm

I guess I pick and choose what animals I give a shit about. My right as an American
Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY1F4BW3g_YEFor-oVbOsQTLL23i58dg0acmZU7-wVORff-KBKOA
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:45 pm

OU wrote:
I guess I pick and choose what animals I give a shit about. My right as an American
Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY1F4BW3g_YEFor-oVbOsQTLL23i58dg0acmZU7-wVORff-KBKOA

do you?

How's that stone coming?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Of course I do. I don't care if you kill little bunny foo foo, I don't care if you fry you up some rattle snake, molest a bald eagle or my favorite gang banging a heard of sheep. But your life means considerably less to me then my kitty cat or puppy dog.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:49 pm

oh and I'll know more about my stones when I get the results from the CT scan I took yesterday. As far as I know they are still hangin' in there.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:52 pm

OU wrote:
Of course I do. I don't care if you kill little bunny foo foo, I don't care if you fry you up some rattle snake, molest a bald eagle or my favorite gang banging a heard of sheep. But your life means considerably less to me then my kitty cat or puppy dog.

Well, that makes you a tad more compassionate towards animals than Tim.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:54 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
OU wrote:

If I'm being 100% honest and not trolling in any shape or form. I don't like the killing of animals unless it is in self defense or you put that animal to use. Meaning that I'm not bothered by fur coats, gator shoes or consuming any animal in any way.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:57 pm

I guess Kings does hate humans and dreams of haveing relations with numerous animal species.

You dirty man, you! If you're ever in town I would love to stop by the Louisville Zoo with you. Wink
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:59 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I guess Kings does hate humans and dreams of haveing relations with numerous animal species.

You dirty man, you! If you're ever in town I would love to stop by the Louisville Zoo with you. Wink
You better not take him to see the tigers, that's our thing.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 pm

OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
OU wrote:

If I'm being 100% honest and not trolling in any shape or form. I don't like the killing of animals unless it is in self defense or you put that animal to use. Meaning that I'm not bothered by fur coats, gator shoes or consuming any animal in any way.

See fur coats is something that seems fucked up to me...mainly becaause they are often taken from animals that are endangered(same with fur rugs and blankets) and fur coats are not needed for no other reason than to flaunt, there are plenty of cheaper and less sick ways to stay just as warm and flaunt that you can afford a fur coat. Same with gator shoes..plus gator shoes suck.

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Either way that snake or any python should be removed down there and killed. They will eventually move towards a community and pose a threat to pets and children. OU makes a great point in using what you can from the snakes that are eradicated from the Everglades. The snake hides can be put to use for idiots/bad dressers who think their skin looks cool and I would love to be able to deep fry up a nice peice of python if it was available at a store. I've heard it tastes excellent. I eat gator every now and then from a cajun restaurant and I love it. Reptile meat is pretty good from what I have eaten, and I would love to eat some snake meat.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Fur coats and gator boots are hideous. I don't care how expensive they are, they just look stupid. I would much rather drop a few grand on Armani suit, rather than a fur coat.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:09 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
OU wrote:

See fur coats is something that seems fucked up to me...mainly becaause they are often taken from animals that are endangered(same with fur rugs and blankets) and fur coats are not needed for no other reason than to flaunt, there are plenty of cheaper and less sick ways to stay just as warm and flaunt that you can afford a fur coat. Same with gator shoes..plus gator shoes suck.

If it wasn't for animals and their hides, Eddie Murphy's Raw just wouldn't be the same. Are you telling me you don't agree with that leather suit?
No but really, I'm not saying I don't look down on the morons walking around in the gator skins or mink coats. I'm just saying I'm not bothered by it.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:15 pm

OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
OU wrote:

If it wasn't for animals and their hides, Eddie Murphy's Raw just wouldn't be the same. Are you telling me you don't agree with that leather suit?
No but really, I'm not saying I don't look down on the morons walking around in the gator skins or mink coats. I'm just saying I'm not bothered by it.

I feel the same way.

Also, I don't think Tim came across like Kings is thinking. He is just commenting like a concerned parent who has compassion for human life, and doesn't want to read a story about a child getting killed by a huge snake that doesn't belong there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Natural selection. If a python takes out a kid, that's how the evolutionary food chain works
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:26 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Natural selection. If a python takes out a kid, that's how the evolutionary food chain works
And if a hillbilly stops that snake in his tracks, that would also be natural selection.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:16 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
And if a hillbilly stops that snake in his tracks, that would also be natural selection.

BOOM!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:33 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

The Hillbillies should have offed the snake ....period!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm

timthebim wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

The Hillbillies should have offed the snake ....period!

A snake that size could kill any of our children. Only people without kids would not agree with killing a snake like that. It's just crazy to think someone would care about a freakin snake that could kill someone should be left alone. I would honestly lmao if someone like that lost their dog or cat to a snake like that. I wonder if their pet was killed how they would feel about this situation?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Well, i know Tim would be sad if that Python ate his dog without fighting it with another dog, slamming, drowning, and electrocuting it before consumption.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:30 pm

but in that case, maybe Tim would agree that perhaps the Python deserved a second chance
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:02 am

The problem with removing a 16' python from something other than it's natural habitat is that you can't just do that. You can't just take an animal that has acclimated itself to a certain habitat, even if it isn't it's natural one, and then place it back somewhere else where the conditions aren't the same. It has developed different tactics and skills to eat different sources of food than it normally would. It's not quite at the level of one day tossing an indoor cat outside and moving away but it is like taking a fully grown turtle out of a pond and tossing it in your pool.

Unfortunately there was no choice but to open it up and be sure. It's florida for fucks sakes. When are there NOT missing persons reports in and around the everglades from natives to tourists who get lost and never come back out of there. What if that was the body of a teenage kid who had been missing for two weeks? What if it was the body of a missing tourist who's family is still unsure of whether to bury an empty casket or wait by the phone a few more days? Do those people no longer deserve to have closure in knowing what ultimately became of they're loved ones because the snake wasn't seen eating what accounted for a 44" girth in it's body?

Also, in recent years the number of reports of large snakes infringing more and more on suburban homes has increased exponentially. There's no telling what a 16' python can do to a child, a teenager, even a full grown man who doesn't see it coming. Smaller snakes have killed men in their 30's and 40's and not just in they're sleep. If you don't see the snake approaching you and it gets hold of your leg at that size it can easily break one or both legs. I'm not saying any snake of this size ever found should be killed on sight, but when the thing is that large and has clearly eaten a huge meal (again, 44" girth and 76lbs) They have to know what exactly is in there. It's not like they can follow the thing around for up to two months to wait for it to shit the remnants out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adult deer found inside python in Everglades   Adult deer found inside python in Everglades - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adult deer found inside python in Everglades
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next