Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HBO to do The Dark Tower ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

HBO to do The Dark Tower ? Empty
PostSubject: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:05 pm

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/hbo-grabs-tv-production-rights-for-the-dark-tower

Honestly the sensible thing to do would be to forget the movie trilogy and just make it a tv series. HBO is the most ideal network for a massive series like this, they've already proven they can handle it by adapting George R.R Martin's A Song Of Ice And Fire.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm

they have been talking about this for years and years now
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:36 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
they have been talking about this for years and years now

I know but it's close now, Ron Howard wants to do three movies with two tv series in between.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Ron Howard is as full of it as anyone else concerning this. They were talking about a tv adaptation of these books since the first one came out. Howard has been talking about doing an Arrested Development movie since a year after the show was canceled.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:58 am

Improving the ending, I would've agreed with that if I hadn't went back last year and reread all the books and finally got the ending and what Roland's real goal is supposed to be when he gets to the Dark Tower, each time he has one thing more to get him to his goal of getting them all to the Tower. Just please don't fuck it up and make it close to what I have envisioned for a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:59 am

Hey Cascade, how many novels are there ?

I've only just read the prologue graphic novel.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Ron Howard is terrible which kills my enthusiasm for this
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:14 am

Ali wrote:

There are 7 novels in all

1. The Gunslinger
2. The Drawing of the Three
3. The Wastelands
4. Wizard & Glass
5. Wolves of the Calla
6. Song of Susannah
7. The Darktower

And if you start reading them now unlike me who started them in the 7th grade in 1989, and waited till 04 for the last book, you can read straight through. If this actually does happen I will be amazed and hopefully enjoy it as much as the books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:31 am

cascade_run wrote:
Ali wrote:

There are 7 novels in all

1. The Gunslinger
2. The Drawing of the Three
3. The Wastelands
4. Wizard & Glass
5. Wolves of the Calla
6. Song of Susannah
7. The Darktower

And if you start reading them now unlike me who started them in the 7th grade in 1989, and waited till 04 for the last book, you can read straight through. If this actually does happen I will be amazed and hopefully enjoy it as much as the books.

Thanks Cascade, these will help fill the void until The Winds Of Winter arrives.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:25 am

Winds of Winter, is that the title of the 6th book of Thrones, I like it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:32 am

cascade_run wrote:
Winds of Winter, is that the title of the 6th book of Thrones, I like it

Yes and the last will be A Dream of Spring.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 am

Winds of Winter, knowing what I know that sounds badass, halfway through Dragons, is there by chance any dates for these books Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:50 pm

WTF is the Dark Tower?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:49 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Winds of Winter, knowing what I know that sounds badass, halfway through Dragons, is there by chance any dates for these books Question

Sorry not a clue, from what I gather George has started the next one and has about 100 pages done already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:50 pm

freakzilla wrote:
WTF is the Dark Tower?

An epic saga from Stephen King.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Ali wrote:
cascade_run wrote:

Sorry not a clue, from what I gather George has started the next one and has about 100 pages done already.

100 pages done awesome, maybe the fact that the HBO exposure of his books is getting him more in the limelight, he is writing them a little quicker. I am one of those people that had been looking for a massive book series after the Darktower series, and had no clue about this at all.

I will believe the Darktower stuff when it starts moving forward, Ron Howard has done some good things, but for the Darktower the material needs to stand on its own, the characters are going to have to grab you, it shouldn't be about his vision, it should be how he brings the material to life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO to do The Dark Tower ?   HBO to do The Dark Tower ? Empty

Back to top Go down

HBO to do The Dark Tower ?
Page 1 of 1