Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college

Go down 
+4
MMAEYES
corydd7
GDPofDRC
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college Empty
PostSubject: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:20 pm

http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/10/21/2504902/ufc-138-mark-munoz-chris-leben-wrestling-chael-sonnen-mma-news
Oct 21, 2011 - On this week's edition of CSN Washington's The Fight Fix, host Dustin Green talks to UFC 138 headliner and UFC middleweight Mark Munoz. Munoz is set to main event his first UFC event next month in Birmingham, England against UFC middleweight veteran Chris Leben.
In this interview with Green, Munoz explains why Leben's jiu-jitsu
really impresses him, not simply 'The Crippler's' striking or even
defensive wrestling.

Perhaps more interestingly, Munoz also talks about wrestling fellow UFC middleweight Chael Sonnen when both were NCAA Division I wrestlers. Munoz says Sonnen was losing rather handily when the Anderson Silva
nemesis tried not one but two submissions (both illegal) before
ultimately losing the match. Munoz also discusses how his wife years
later confronted Sonnen about the incident.

You can also see The Fight Fix at CSNWashington.com.

SBNation and Comcast SportsNet are proud to bring you The Fight Fix on BloodyElbow.com and MMA Nation every week.
[flash][/flash]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Haven't watched yet but I had no idea they wrestled eachother.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Unable to get this to play for some reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:40 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Unable to get this to play for some reason.
? It plays for me. What if you go to the link?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Probably need an update, I just recovered this computer Wednesday to factory default so I'll see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Thats funny that he calls Chael a good guy at the end........I wonder if Anderson will be pissed?!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Munoz ftw! Lol at Sonnen being a cheater and bum even back then. This is a guy I like, respect. Why wouldn't someone?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Munoz ftw! Lol at Sonnen being a cheater and bum even back then. This is a guy I like, respect. Why wouldn't someone?

Agreed
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Overrated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 pm

What is your sig bobbit ?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Zombie Gus pumpkin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Zombie Gus pumpkin

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mark Munoz Discusses Wrestling Match With Chael Sonnen   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/11/23/2583486/ufc-mark-munoz-discusses-wrestling-match-with-chael-sonnen-mma-news

Mark Munoz was a guest on the Fight Fix with Dustin Green this week, and covered a few topics. His UFC 138 bout with Chris Leben was discussed, as was a possible opponent in the near future - Chael Sonnen. Rumors are spreading that Munoz will be meeting Sonnen at UFC on Fox 2 in January, but nothing has been confirmed yet. It turns out that Munoz and Chael already have some history though. Here's the amusing quote, followed by the full video:

"We competed in college together. He wrestled at Oregon University, I wrestled at Oklahoma State. We end up going at it and I end up beating him pretty handily. But in that, he tried to submit me in a kneebar and then changed it into an ankle lock. No, sorry, a heel hook. Not a legal move in wrestling. He tried doing that to me and I felt my ankle pop and was like ‘aah’ and I knew that he did it so that he could try to come back. I was actually beating him pretty handily. I got upset during that match and was just ruthless in that fight afterwards.

Years later we end up having dinner together and my wife is sitting at the table and she gets pretty upset, saying 'What's Chael Sonnen doing here? I hate that guy; he tried to hurt my husband.' Out of the blue, she said 'So, can you tell me why you did that?' He pretty much explained himself and… he's a good guy, man. He was like 'Can you blame me? I was getting beat!' So I guess...if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Chael cheating........never.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Sounds like a little roid rage.

Dude's is and has been a total douche.

Here is to hoping Munoz beats his ass.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Not gonna happen, sorry to disappoint
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Not gonna happen, sorry to disappoint

Munoz will go all Filipino on his ass, it'll be similar to the beating Pac gave Margarito.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Munoz is going to get schooled. Chael is an awful matchup for him. This ain't college anymore, Sonnen's MMA wrestling and transitions are miles ahead of Munoz. He couldn't even do anything with Okami
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Chael is not going to let anyone stand in the way of his rematch, handles Munoz with ease on his way to another call out.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Munoz is going to get schooled. Chael is an awful matchup for him. This ain't college anymore, Sonnen's MMA wrestling and transitions are miles ahead of Munoz. He couldn't even do anything with Okami

This. I know I know MMAth = stoopid but strictly from a wrestling standpoint I don't see how Chael loses this. He wrestlefucked the shit out of Okami, who in turn took Munoz down and held him down for a good portion of the second round if I remember right. I don't see how Munoz ends up on top barring a scramble but Chael is every bit as big as Mark is so I'm not sure how he's going to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 am

Bumped?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college   Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college Empty

Back to top Go down

Munoz talks about Leben, wrestling Sonnen in college
Page 1 of 1