Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:53 pm

which is good, I wasn't sure what I was going to watch tonight. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Countdown is on.

1 hr 20 minutes to go.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:43 pm

non-zuffa...no care.

kidding, but i don't get it for another 4 hours or so, i got cable..i'll DVR
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Main could be a fight. Have to wait and see about the rest. M1 on showtime has had some crazy shit go down this year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Main could be a fight. Have to wait and see about the rest. M1 on showtime has had some crazy shit go down this year.

last event was real good. Though I can't pronounce/remember any of the guys names.

I do hate the friday night 11 pm starts. Work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Got my DVR set
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:41 pm

3 fights in,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:47 pm

M1? Is Fedor fighting?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:04 am

i'll spoil this Garner vs Grishan fight.

These dudes are beyond gassed at the end of 3, embarrasingly so.

But we have seen that b4. But the real problem? it's a title fight. 2 more rnds.

This fight started aight, but has been totally ruined.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:05 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
M1? Is Fedor fighting?

you'd be loving this card.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:15 am

though there was moments, this fight still might go down as the worst ever.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:45 am

Vinnnnnayyyyyy
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:46 am

These cards are sometimes hard to watch because you can usually count on atleast one of the two fighters knowing dick about grappling which makes it hard to judge how impressive some of these guys really are
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:05 am

I'm not huge on the talent in M-1...but i do love the big ass ring and their presentation. Also how the feature fighters from places you don't see heavily featured in other orgs...but mainly the ring..I wish the ring would catch on in the states. I have no real problems with the cage but i still prefer my MMA in the ring. I think the cage kind of works to the advantage of certain styles where as the ring does not discriminate, i think true skill prevails in the ring. If you are a one dimensional wrestler, if you can't straight up takedown your oppenent without having a wall to stall them until they give an opening..the ring will bring it to light. Pinning somebody against a cage is not a martial art..it's not wrestling, it's not nothing.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:19 am

Garner looked like he was going to throw up in the middle of the ring at the end. It would have been a suitable end to that fight.

It's amazing how many guys are so out of shape(like Garner) when a lot of the in shape guys have problems going a full 15 without showing major signs of fatigue. Garner looked like he had a lobotomy in his post fight interview he was so tired.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:51 pm

i do not like the ring at all. it's great when they are trading strikes in the middle of the ring, but once they get near the ropes, everything gets all fucked up. The ref's didn't handle it right once last night, but even when they do reposition the guys in the middle, it's still lame that the fight is stopped, ref steps in, the guys getting up, repositioning etc.

Also the 10 sec whistle has to go. Saw at least 4 instances where the fighters stopped at the whistle and began moving towards their corner.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:52 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
These cards are sometimes hard to watch because you can usually count on atleast one of the two fighters knowing dick about grappling which makes it hard to judge how impressive some of these guys really are

so u were not impressed by the guy who tapped out the bjj blue belt?

That was true minor league event last night.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Well, there are plenty of blue belts and no belts in the UFC or any promotion for that matter. Even a lot of the "black belts" and even browns floating around the MMA world have no business wearing those belts.

Unless they were making a big deal out of the guy being a BJJ blue belt and the fact a BJJ blue belt was tapped...which they might of because i don't remember the spot you are talking about..i don't see the deal.

The show was not very good from a quality standpoint, though mainly because the HW fight was so embarrassing. If i was promoting M-1..i would have put a bag over my head during that fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!   M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

M-1 Challengers TONIGHT!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1