Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
acccardinal12
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Nice post capt. I agree with everything there. I also have trouble finding time to watch Bellator..usually because they run their shows opposite the UFC and also because i don't get MTV2 and finding a stream when there are not many out there is kind of like going out of your way to find a shitty quality stream so i typically wait until later to cherry pick the fights that were said to be the best.

I know it is against the grain, but I loved when Bellator ran the midweek fights. So much going on on sat night, and so few guys are hip to the bellator scene.

And yeah, while live on MTV2 is better then sometimes live, sometimes tape delay, sometimes not at all on fox, they still are too far off the beaten path to make significant headway into the market.

How long was the MTV deal? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:08 pm

I liked it when they ran on weekdays as well.

I think the MTV2 deal has another year on it. I think i remember reading that in a thread that if Bellator was going to land on Spike..it might not be until 2013.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Also just saw that Lombard will fight Prangley on this card.

This is not a bad fight. Not much more then lukewarm, but not bad.

But someone has to explain why Melvin is never mentioned for Lombard.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:14 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I think the MTV2 deal has another year on it. I think i remember reading that in a thread that if Bellator was going to land on Spike..it might not be until 2013.

I thought 2013 was due to the UFC library for one year business.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:56 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Nice post capt. I agree with everything there. I also have trouble finding time to watch Bellator..usually because they run their shows opposite the UFC and also because i don't get MTV2 and finding a stream when there are not many out there is kind of like going out of your way to find a shitty quality stream so i typically wait until later to cherry pick the fights that were said to be the best.

I know it is against the grain, but I loved when Bellator ran the midweek fights. So much going on on sat night, and so few guys are hip to the bellator scene.

And yeah, while live on MTV2 is better then sometimes live, sometimes tape delay, sometimes not at all on fox, they still are too far off the beaten path to make significant headway into the market.

How long was the MTV deal? Anyone know?

Not against the grain at all. I don't know of a single MMA analyst or fan who doesn't acknowledge that Bellator desperately needs to move off of Saturday nights back to the middle of the week
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Like Cpt said, that mainly has to do with UFC library rights. It was pretty much assumed they would buy all their fights from Spike which would open the door for Bellator on Spike in 2012. Then Spike started showing Bellator prelims online, Dana got pissed, and vowed that they would not be buying the library which would keep other MMA off Spike in 2012
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Take the top TUF fighters vs the top Non Zuffa fighters in the world.

HW: Schaub, Nelson, Meathead
LHW: Rashad, Forrest, Bonnar, Hamill, Badar
MW: Bisping, Leben
WW: Amir, Serra, Koscheck
LW: Maynard, Diaz, Assie George, Guillard, Joe Lauzon
FW: KenFlo

vs

HW: Cole Konrad
LHW: none come to mind
MW: Hector Lombard, Nate Marquardt (kicked out fo UFC)
WW: Ben Askren, Jay Hieron
LW: Shinya Aoki, Eddie Alvarez, Tatsuya Kawajiri
FW: Pat Curran, Marlon Sandro, Joe Warren

Who ya got? Keep in mind TUF encompasses maybe 100 fighters while there are hundreds to thousands of fighters not in a Zuffa Org depending on how far you wanna look.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm

LHW has Glover Teixiera who will hopefully be in a big show soon
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Has TUF been any good besides that cool first episode?

Real good scrap last night. Entertaining standup fight, probably the best of the season
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:05 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Has TUF been any good besides that cool first episode?

Real good scrap last night. Entertaining standup fight, probably the best of the season

2 fights.

1st one was a breatdown of epic proportions. Real legit ground n pound.

2nd one was a very entertaining fight that was close for the first 3 min.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Konrad would defeat both Mitrione and Schuab...and Konrad aint nothing to write home about by any means.

So you pick the all time TUF list and compare it to present day Non UFC..which just got taken their biggest org not long ago. Nice...Cherry picking the best TUF winners of all tme...most of them from years ago does not prove your point that i can't believe you are trying to make. Just because TUF used to produce Evans and Maynard does not mean shit when even a dead Ray Charles can see that they have failed to produce a high caliber fighter or even close in many many many seasons and to be fair..they arent trying anymore. It's about the coaches and the drama. The best fighters have been signed outright. Roy Nelson had already been in high level scraps before TUF...so it's not like they found some super prospect, but even then..he's not elite or close for that matter.

TUF does not feature the kind of talent they used to. As i've said many times. The early seasons of TUF were great, talent wise. Now, they typically feature journeymen, guys who have never fought and are giving MMA a try(HW season), good reality show types, and the frontrunners have not been that good for awhile..
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about the first one. Only memorable for Bisping's lame coaching
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Quote :
Konrad would defeat both Mitrione and Schuab...and Konrad aint nothing to write home about by any means.

Naw, both have athletic hips and are KO punchers. Konrad's shots are not explosive and I think he is awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:31 pm

captain organic wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/13/eddie-alvarez-vs-michael-chandler-rescheduled-for-bellator-58-o/

I like this fight! If Chandler wins and stays undefeated does he belong in the top 10, or even Top 5?

9-0 with a marquee win over Alvarez, a very nice win over Friere, and 2 wins over guys who combined for 21-1 entering the fight makes for a very solid 4 fight stretch. But all the previous wins were over under .500 unknowns.

Getting close to top 10, def not top 5 yet. This is a stacked division.

He didn't have a nice win over Friere, he kicked him bullshit hard in the nuts every single round and had him ballz hurt from it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Its getting harder and harder to stay interested in "top" fighters in non UFC orgs. I feel like the UFC gotten such a huge talent pool that they almost don't matter anymore.

Farmer1906 wrote:
Not trying to hate on Bellator or Dream or Legacy or whoever else is left, but when the UFC puts on 2-3 shows a month and has TUF I'm not staying up til 4am for Dream and looking for MTV2 on random Saturday nights and hoping to see 1-2 top 25 level fighters.

This is sad. Read the forum disclaimer under the graphic on the top of the page. If you cannot get into watching MMA because of a perception that no good fights exist outside of UFC, then you miss point of it. Bellator has been the shit, a well known fact and is the MMA org that truly has a reputation for entertainment delivery in the fights they put on.

I mean, why watch amateur football?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm

I used to be more into Bellator before it fully dawned on me that these champions clauses are going to entirely waste the careers of Alvarez and Lombard
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Naw, both have athletic hips and are KO punchers. Konrad's shots are not explosive and I think he is awful.

Konrad is pretty good, his biggest problem is he has the worst physique in the sport. He's not cool fat like nelson, he's sloppy disgusting fat.

But the guy has never even been tested in the cage, and has begun to show an expansion of his game. Remember he has been in the sport less then 2 years.

I think he vs Meat would be a real good fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Damn, what happened to liking watching good fights. I laugh at anyone who decided a fight is good before it happens because of rank first.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I used to be more into Bellator before it fully dawned on me that these champions clauses are going to entirely waste the careers of Alvarez and Lombard

Fights. You into it for the fights, or what's on paper?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

yes and no. Million of people will watch PBF v Pac no matter how great or boring the fight is because of the names.

Me and you could go out back and put on a show, but guess what? Only the few people standing around are going to want to see it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Well, than I just laugh. I'm a fan of MMA because I like watching the fights. Weather it's a $60 ppv or $5 ticket for amateur fights at the fairgrounds.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:42 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I'm not into watching Lombard against Zuffa washouts and Bellator's weak MW division, that much I know
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:27 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I'm not into watching Lombard against Zuffa washouts and Bellator's weak MW division, that much I know

Schlemenko is a good fighter very tough, and exciting as well, and he actually forced Lombard into lay'n pray mode late in the fight. And people are high on Brian Rogers, who at the least, would bring a style that would provide for a good fight, both with Lombard, as well as tomorrow with Schlemenko.

Hey if some one is not a big enough fan to enjoy a very solid promotion like Bellator, that's fine. but I don't want to hear that person then talking about the latest episode of tuf.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Lombard and Alvarez clearly belong in the UFC. We can attempt to talk up guys like Schlemenko, but that don't cut it. These guys are wasting prime years fighting for Bellator
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:20 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Lombard and Alvarez clearly belong in the UFC. We can attempt to talk up guys like Schlemenko, but that don't cut it. These guys are wasting prime years fighting for Bellator

lack of exposure is a bigger problem then lack of legit comp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58   Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler Nov. 19th at Bellator 58
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2