Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Call me crazy if I am wrong but...

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
cheekynffc
acccardinal12
7 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Call me crazy if I am wrong but... Empty
PostSubject: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:58 am

Does Rogan need to select his words a little bit better for the new fans that catch the big fights on Fox for the first time? I heard the words brutal, brutality, etc. when describing a few fights last night so I started paying attention. It made me think of John McCain or some old lady covering her eyes for some reason, lol. (u can call me crazy now) He also used several other words like vicious and even threw in "mangled" when referring to a heel hook that made a guy tap. I would've rather heard the word torqued or twisted myself. So am I just being to anal on ol Joe or what? Overall I like Rogan. He annoys me sometimes like during the first Shogun vs Machida fight. He sometimes makes a viewer see a different fight. Other then that, last night was the first time I thought he should switch up some words in his verbage he was spewing into the mic. Although I was paying attention after the 3rd time I heard brutal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:02 am

I want brutal so I like hearing it. Only thing he needs to change is stop being so biased. He wanted Mighty Mouse to win so badly yesterday.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:17 am

freakzilla wrote:
I want brutal so I like hearing it. Only thing he needs to change is stop being so biased. He wanted Mighty Mouse to win so badly yesterday.

Yeah he does that alot in fights. That's how Shogun-Machida 1 was. I thought he would blow Shogun in between rounds if it was needed in that fight. I like brutal also, but I was just thinking about the first big show on Fox and hearing harsh words from him wouldn't help when "MMA hater guy" is watching or talking about the fights the next day. By that I mean guys like Larry Merchant, most of the ESPN analysts, and any boxing promoter breathing right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 am

Screw those guys. The UFC shouldn't change anything for anybody. We love it just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:09 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Screw those guys. The UFC shouldn't change anything for anybody. We love it just the way it is.

Yeah of course we love it. I'm just worried about the backlash it may get or the numbers not being good. I guess I'm just nervous. We all know I'm borderline crazy anyways. I'd have to be after talking to u fucks for so many years now. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:27 pm

freakzilla wrote:

i agree,

the worst example i can think of is the belcher/akiyama fight. i agreed with two of the judges, it was close but i thought akiyama shaded it. rogan was screaming robbery on the commentary and even said it when he interviewed belcher in the ring after the decision.

don't get me wrong, he's usually pretty good and calls the action in a way that helps new viewers to understand what's going on, especially when the fight is on the ground. i wonder if he has a few drinks over the course of a card and has one too many every now and again though drunken
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:38 pm

How bout when he kept talking about Josh Neer telling him he said his ribs were broken. Too me it sounded like the guys in the truck may not have heard him right and Rogan just assumed they were right. Neer was like "probably cause my ribs weren't broken" and Rogan just laughed. I cracked up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 pm

It's time they got a third man in there permanently.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:01 pm

No thanks. Just get rid of Goldberg and bring in someone else
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Goldberg ain't going nowhere, he's the corporate plug man.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:38 pm

I don't want to get rid of Rogan at all, but I just think he needs to stop using outlandish words when describing instances in a fight. He does need to check himself when he is clearly rooting for one fighter also imo. I would love for them to bring in another guy and have 3 commentators per show. I could care less if Goldie stays or leaves for the record.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Using brutal and vicious when calling a fight is being outlandish? Settle down with the network worrying beast. Anybody sitting down through a whole UFC card isn't going to be offended by someone calling elbows ripping someone's face apart brutal. Before I opened the thread I thought Rogan may have used a rape choke call again last night
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Using brutal and vicious when calling a fight is being outlandish? Settle down with the network worrying beast. Anybody sitting down through a whole UFC card isn't going to be offended by someone calling elbows ripping someone's face apart brutal. Before I opened the thread I thought Rogan may have used a rape choke call again last night

It isnt outlandish bobbitt, but words like mangled seem outlandish. Rape choke? lmao I don't even remember hearing that one. Which UFC show was that cause I have to hear it asap. You're right though, I will settle down with the network worrying. I just thought too much into it last night and started thinking some old chick named Blanche seeing MMA with her bored husband giving MMA a first time watch might think it was worse after being misled with a word like mangled over torque when it comes to a heel hook or some other sub.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:37 pm

I don't think the words like brutal will throw anyone off. But the bit where he and Goldberg were making fun of Mario Yamasaki's accent definitely would.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 pm

If I'm DW or LF I tell Joe to pick some better words for this first show on Fox. I've had most of the day to think about it and all I could come up with is that u guys just want to disagree with me because I don't think ur all this stupid, but then again....

lol!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Freak it's because no one wants to see a disco when Cruz fights.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:10 am

There is a lack of use of the word, 'annihilbliterate' imo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:38 am

he just needs a new fucking shirt haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy if I am wrong but...   Call me crazy if I am wrong but... Empty

Back to top Go down

Call me crazy if I am wrong but...
Page 1 of 1