Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off

Go down 
+9
timthebim
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
JerseyStyle
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
corydd7
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:45 am

Machida benched? For what?
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/4/2469462/ufc-lyoto-machida-not-return-2012-punished-mma-news

"It’s hard to say that it exists (a punishment by the UFC). Maybe so,
maybe not, perhaps they’re keeping me on the sidelines, but I don’t
believe that. I met with Lorenzo Fertitta in Rio and he talked to me, he
said what happened was in the past, for me not to worry. But I find
myself in a difficult situation, a complicated one, I don’t know if he
said that but would act in a different way, or if they’re waiting to
make a fight. I am waiting, I want to concentrate in my work and
accomplish it with proper time."

Machida recently added to the mystery with a tweet (again translated by Tom):

"Hey guys, I think the Octagon only next year"

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Possibly for asking for "Silva type money", which I believe was in conjunction with not taking a short notice fight. And then Dana hung up the phone or something like that.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:25 pm

captain organic wrote:
Possibly for asking for "Silva type money", which I believe was in conjunction with not taking a short notice fight. And then Dana hung up the phone or something like that.

That would be an EPIC fail by Dana.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:31 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

was there any other incident that we know about?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

was there any other incident that we know about?
Nothing I'm aware of. That's the only thing noted in the article.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:39 pm

OU wrote:

I agree. But Dana can't be that stupid can he? This is just Machida getting paranoid cause he's probably used to Dana blowing up his phone and shit and now he's not getting as much company attention
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:41 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:

I agree. But Dana can't be that stupid can he? This is just Machida getting paranoid cause he's probably used to Dana blowing up his phone and shit and now he's not getting as much company attention
The better question would be is he really that stubborn?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:43 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:

c'mon, Dana is an egomaniac, he has stuck it to fighters in the past, so I def think it could be in play here.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:44 pm

They clearly wanted to make this Davis fight but he's hurt. Who is Machida going to fight unless they bring over someone from SF right now? It would have to be someone way outside the top 10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:50 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:

c'mon, Dana is an egomaniac, he has stuck it to fighters in the past, so I def think it could be in play here.
Would be a shame. I'm actually going to give Dana the benefit of the doubt here, possibly some break down in communication.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
They clearly wanted to make this Davis fight but he's hurt. Who is Machida going to fight unless they bring over someone from SF right now? It would have to be someone way outside the top 10
I think it's better for the fighter and the fans to keep the guy active. Give him the best you got available.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Dana just said that the main event for 140 will hopefully be announced within 2 days. I guess that means Mir-Nog II isn't the main event. Maybe its Machida
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Machida vs Nedkov anyone? He just had his first UFC fight and looked a bit sloppy and troubled with Cane's reach but the guy is for real imo. I would take Machida in that fight. It would definately be a stand and bang fight for the fans though. If you cant get a SF guy, I can't think of another guy in the UFC that I would want to see Machida fight that is free.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Matt Serra looked like he was ready for his LHW debut.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:06 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
I think it's better for the fighter and the fans to keep the guy active. Give him the best you got available.

I agree with that. Keep the fighter active as long as they want it's better for the fighter and the fans. If your a top guy and you want to fight but the only guys you can fight are a step down if that's what you want to do you should be able to do it as long as the promotion is making a killing it shouldn't matter.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 pm

so you two don't want him to fight Nedkov huh. lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:11 pm

It would be funny for the 2 minutes that it lasted
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I agree with that. Keep the fighter active as long as they want it's better for the fighter and the fans. If your a top guy and you want to fight but the only guys you can fight are a step down if that's what you want to do you should be able to do it as long as the promotion is making a killing it shouldn't matter.
Nothing fucks shit up worse when you have a fighter on the sideline waiting for the perfect opponent only to suffer some kind of injury in training camp causing an even longer layoff. There is always a risk of injury in camp, factor that into the "waiting game".
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Yeah I think Machida would pick him apart. Nedkov has alot of power in every way but he is a brawler. I can tell he is a game opponent for most of the top ten but a guy like Machida would make him look silly. Nedkov has a future in the UFC imo but he isn't ready yet. I was just thinking of a guy with a good record who could fight at 140 that is coming off win.Still, I would rather see Machida vs Nedkov over Griffin, Thiago, or Ace any day.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

FUCK NO I don't want to see that lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

I'll take that over Machida on the sideline for months waiting for something better to line up.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah I think Machida would pick him apart. Nedkov has alot of power in every way but he is a brawler. I can tell he is a game opponent for most of the top ten but a guy like Machida would make him look silly. Nedkov has a future in the UFC imo but he isn't ready yet. I was just thinking of a guy with a good record who could fight at 140 that is coming off win.Still, I would rather see Machida vs Nedkov over Griffin, Thiago, or Ace any day.

Nedkov doesn't even belong at 205. He needs to drop desperately
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:20 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Just throwin out names. I really can't think of another guy for Machida if we arent talking SF guys. There is just nobody available right now. Machida needs to fight though. A layoff is the owrst thing he could do imo. Keep busy and if you lose you werent meant to be champion again anyways.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:21 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Nedkov doesn't even belong at 205. He needs to drop desperately

I somewhat agree with that also. He does have a short frame for the 205lbs division. I wonder what kind of power he would bring at 205lbs though? I wouldn't think it would be the same. Some guys lose more than other when they cut another 20lbs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:11 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/10/5/2471462/is-lyoto-machida-still-being-punished-for-wanting-anderson-silva
The UFC President responded to such claims just days ago (via MMANation):
"There's just nobody for Machida to fight right now. Everybody thinks
that I hate Machida now because of that whole 'Anderson Silva money'
thing, but the position that Machida's in right now is like what
happened with Rashad. Rashad turned down a fight and said, 'I'm going to
wait for Shogun.' He's waiting for this guy who blew his knee out to
get better and then people start getting hurt left and right and now
he's out almost a year and a half. I don't hate Machida. Things happen,
we butt heads all the time with different guys and stupid stuff is said
by them and me and everything else but I don't hate anybody. And I
definitely don't hate Machida, I think he's a nice guy. Do I think it
was a stupid move what he did with the whole 'Anderson Silva money?'
Yeah. Look what's happening, he's sitting out and waiting to fight."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off   Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Machida vs Phil Davis at UFC 140- fight is off
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next