Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Fight Night

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
timthebim
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:52 am

Forgot...the highlight of UFC Fight Night was the Jones-Rampage-Rogan interview. That is what you get when you don't can beef...you get something like two kids in the principal's office bickering at eachother. Hearing Bones defend himself was gold, and Rampage looked all sorts of pissed off about it...and Rogan was like the principal.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 am

Oh, also....other than the Jones-Rampage interview..the event was a rare one where i thought Joe Rogan did a poor job.

He was obviously biased for the TuF alum. Even for guys who didnt win it like Shamar Bailey.

He was whacking it over Court McGee's conditioning the entire fight. I'll let that slide to an extent because Court's conditioning was very good...but Rogan whacking was Joe Buck and Troy Aikman level during a Cowboys game on Fox.

He was spanking it over Shamar Baileys toughness, Evan Dunham is putting on a clinic and all we can hear about is how tough Shamar Bailey is.

and the worst was obviously the Brookins-Koch fight. Luckily the judges werent hearing his commentary. Brookins didnt do dick, Koch did everything right and i never really took Rogan as somebody who believed holding somebody up against the fence and doing nothing for extended period of time is agressive and effective. I was disappointed that he was more appreciative of a do nothing, crap performance by Brookins.

My guess, is Spike TV encourages bias towards the fighters who built their name through their original programming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:04 am

Pretty poor card.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:02 am

It's funny, but it'd make sense for the UFC to want that card to blow last night, and the lineup they put on the card doesn't help any opposing arguments, though I'm not saying they def wanted it to be weak sauce. But it isn't looking like there's any future relations between the UFC and Spike (not sure how many cards they have left on Spike) and Spike seems like a future destination for Bellator, especially with the already working relationship with Viacom. So what do you do? Shit up the last or the last couple events on Spike, leave a bit of a bad taste with the Spike/MMA combo among viewers, while you know you're going to be putting on sick ass fights on Fox/FX for the next 7 years...

Impressed with Ellenberger though, great performance, could tell Sheilds was doing nothing with takedowns early. Got to say, feel for Sheilds, hope he takes some time off, was rooting for him last night..
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:03 am

Pretty much all the old UFC/SF arguments are going to be answered within the next year which is nice.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Rampage V Jones interview, left me wondering if I had heard right, did Bones really tell Rampage he got into his head, I loved Rampage saying he is going to destroy him, Jones looked like a deer in the headlights after the second questions and Rampage's response.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Jones was stuttering all over the place. Beyotch probably had a spy in Page's camp

Win/lose its nice to know we're getting a serious Rampage here. Its easy to tell when he's just BSing with the "great camp" mumbo-jumbo and when he's really into it. This is the latter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:21 pm

LOL, ima try my hardest to have fun and play my game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:37 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
LOL, ima try my hardest to have fun and play my game!

Lol, Jones looked mentally drained in that interview.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:35 pm

I give it a 5.5

But I only saw the last 5 fights so incomplete I guess.

Not that entertaining, even with the two quick KOs

This was absolutely a planned weak event, why give up any thing good for free and most of all on Spike?

The talent's fight was merely to make sure he is back and still the talent. Alan Destroys Macdonald 10 times out of 10 when everything is normal, and this was to make sure everything was normal. Then through on a couple of TUFers, dude looks like a lady. Sheilds was the, the, draw for the headline? Obvious there was no care at all in this, simply one step closer to running out the contract, similar to SF on showtime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah I didn't think it was any better of a show then the Legacy show I watched the day before.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Legacy was way better I thought.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night    UFC Fight Night  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight Night
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3