Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night

Go down 
+2
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night Empty
PostSubject: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:57 am

Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante has revealed that he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night against dangerous Cuban wrestler, Yoel Romero in Cincinnati, Ohio, an injury that will require a number of months out and hours of rehab.

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Cavalcante said:

“I couldn’t do my best because I broke my arm on the first round… When I tried to punch him, he dodged and my forearm hit his head and broke. I went to the hospital after the fight to do an X-ray and it’s really broken… He pressured me on the second round, but I overcame that. What made a big difference on this fight were my trainings, I was able to show I’m back.”
When asked about the promotions decision to put his on the preliminary card, Cavalcante said:

“I had complained about it before, but I see their point of view. If they didn’t see me as a champion, they wouldn’t give me a fight on the preliminary card and pay me the purse they do pay me. HDNet is as big as Showtime. He apologized, but he put me there because he wanted good fights. There was no vacancies, and I asked him to fight on that event.”
Finally, when asked what was next for the Brazilian former champion, “Feijao” said:

“Sure, a lot… I want this fight. If it’s not worth the title, I’m even more ready for it. I don’t know if the belt will have no holder (as Dan Henderson left), but it could be worth the title.”
Cavalcante could find himself fighting inside the UFC’s octagon sometime soon with rumours swirling that Strikeforce could be no more following a meeting set for February.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Good heart to stick with it, bet adrenaline helped but it probably stung like a bitch between rounds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Cool that he went out there and fought with it...but to think it was for a prelimnary bout against a prospect. Seems like too much to lose to go in there fighting injured. If Fejiao lost, it would have been a huge blow to his career.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:03 pm

He broke it in the first round
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 pm

I wonder how...Romero didnt even do anything in the first round.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:32 pm

“I couldn’t do my best because I broke my arm on the first round… When I tried to punch him, he dodged and my forearm hit his head and broke
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Adrenaline or not you got to be a tough mother to fight threw that kind of pain.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 am

yep and still ko's the guy.......king mo might think twice before he asks for that rematch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night   Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night Empty

Back to top Go down

Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante reveals he fought with a broken arm this past Saturday night
Page 1 of 1