Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree Empty
PostSubject: Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree   Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 am

(CNN) -- It was a dark, windy and rainy night when Per Johansson returned from work to his home in Saro just south of Gothenburg, Sweden.

"It was raining really bad. In the wind I heard something screaming with a very dark voice," Johansson told CNN. "At first I wondered if it was the crazy neighbors, but then I heard it again and went and checked. I saw something really big up in a tree in my neighbors' yard and it was a moose. It must have been drunk after eating fermented apples and as it was reaching out for more fruit it must have slipped and fallen into the tree."

Johansson called the local fire and rescue department, which responded with a fire engine and a jeep with a winch.

"We got the alarm at 9.59 p.m. on September 6 that a moose was stuck in a tree," said Anders Gardhagen, spokesman at the Gothenburg Fire and Rescue Services.

"When we arrived we used the winch to bend down the apple tree so the moose could get himself out of the tree. Once free, the moose collapsed on the ground and fell asleep. So we let him sleep it off and went back home" Gardhagen told CNN.

"Moose are attracted by the apple trees, and in the autumn when the apples have fallen off the trees we normally have at least one of these cases of intoxication. These apples, which ferment in their bellies, aren't part of their natural food, so they can get quite angry from this drunkenness," Gardhagen said.

Johansson's son, Gustav, who is about to turn 11, made sure to take lots of pictures of the ordeal.

"He is saving up to buy a PlayStation so he thought he would take pictures that he could sell," Johansson said.

CNN purchased three of Gustav's pictures.

When dawn came the day after it was freed from the tree, the moose had not yet left.

"When I went out for the newspaper it was still laying there on the ground, sleeping. By the time I left for work it was walking around the neighbor's yard on very shaky legs." Johansson said.

"Today the moose came back and walked around the yard," he added. "I think it likes it here."

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree   Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:26 pm

PICTURE OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree   Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree   Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Ya I seen this on TV the other day thought it was odd.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree   Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:18 pm

I was kiddin but damn that is crazy!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree   Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:38 pm

I used to have a horse that would eat crab apples and get tipsy. Never got stuck in the tree though.

Dumb moose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree   Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree Empty

Back to top Go down

Drunken moose ends up stuck in Swedish apple tree
Page 1 of 1