Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy

Go down 
+9
acccardinal12
Ludo
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
cascade_run
Ninja
captain organic
GDPofDRC
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy Empty
PostSubject: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:49 am

http://mmaweekly.com/strikeforce-post-fight-luke-rockhold-still-in-shock-about-being-champ-bring-on-tim-kennedy

Being called the Strikeforce middleweight champion is something Luke Rockhold admits is going to take a little while to get used to hearing.

But with the gold now around his waist after a unanimous decision victory over former champ Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza, it’s something Rockhold can definitely adjust to.

The American Kickboxing Academy fighter talks to MMAWeekly.com about the win, what it feels like to be champion, and his prediction about he and his teammates going 4-0 at Strikeforce on Saturday night.

He also learns that former title contender Tim Kennedy has already asked for the the next title shot, and he gladly accepts.

Check out this exclusive one on one video with new Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold:

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:13 pm

It's a damn shame about Jacare. He would of won a 3 round fight, but this was a championship fight. Need more than two rounds to win those. He's better and it showed, while he could last that is. Rockhold breathed to a win cause he did very little still in the end and if I scored off best damaging shots. Jacare was alone in those scores for the most part.

Right call on the win though for Luke, but 50-45 is an embarrassment.

MW has zero longevity as it stands in SF right now. A 3 man division is not a division. Unsustainable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:14 pm

And people thought Jacare would be the one to dethrone Anderson Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Luke winning actually gives MW, at least at the title level, a reprieve. Jacare wins and then there is nothing, we at least have a couple fights lined up now.

and if Yancy could ever get his ass in the cage that would be nice.

I didn't have Jacare winning through 3, and I think 50-45 is not totally unreasonable.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Ali wrote:

eh, I think people thought he is as dangerous as any ufc guy. I thought that. I haven't seen too many Jacare would beat Spider sentiments.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:18 pm

First two rounds were jacare, Luke did zero but miss a ton of punches the first two, and ate the best punches of the entire five rounds in those two rounds. 50-45 is as unreasonable and ignorant of a score as you can really have there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Ali wrote:

I thought people were crazy to rank him in the top 3. I had him at 6.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:20 pm

I actually gave Jacare the 1st and 3rd with Luke the rest.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

so a difference of 3 spots makes one crazy?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Jacare was done in the third.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:25 pm

captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

Big difference between 3 and 6. People were ranking him ahead of Vitor, Okami and Marquardt.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:25 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I actually gave Jacare the 1st and 3rd with Luke the rest.

I gave Jacare the first. All it was, was a continued takedown attempt, but Jacare controlled the action in that regard. But did he do any actual damage? Not really, nothing big, that's for sure.

I thought Luke clearly won the 2nd, I imagine all the judges thought the same.

3rd, I gave luke, even though Jacare wobbled luke. but that was a single shot, otherwise I thought Luke controlled the rnd. If I were to give Jacare another rnd, it would be the 3rd.

I scored it 49-46, prob agree 48-47 is a better score then 50-45, but I don't see a shut out by Luke as a god awful score.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Luke beats Tim.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:26 pm

freakzilla wrote:
captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

Big difference between 3 and 6. People were ranking him ahead of Vitor, Okami and Marquardt.

What have Nate and Okami accomplished that clearly place them ahead of Jacare?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Actually beating top 10 fighters.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:32 pm

freakzilla wrote:

u mean mythical top 10 fighters? Not sure if Nate has any true top 10 wins, unless Maia was somehow on a ranking. and Omaki's only possible top 10 is Nate. Circular argument.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Join the discussion of some's ranking commentary is like stepping in dog shit in the middle of the night.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:40 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Join the discussion of some's ranking commentary is like stepping in dog shit in the middle of the night.

u need an editor this morning.

U hung over?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:44 pm

captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

u mean mythical top 10 fighters? Not sure if Nate has any true top 10 wins, unless Maia was somehow on a ranking. and Omaki's only possible top 10 is Nate. Circular argument.

Okami's best 3 wins are-

Nate Marquardt, Mark Munoz and Alan Belcher.

Marquardt's best 3 wins are-

Demian Maia, Martin Kampmann and Dan Miller

Jacare's best 3 wins are-

Tim Kennedy, Jason Miller and Robbie Lawler

Jacare has the weakest resume when it comes to wins and he just lost to a guy that wasn't even top 30.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:45 pm

captain organic wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

u need an editor this morning.

U hung over?

Maybe a whole lot yaeh a little
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:46 pm

but it's about football time....
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Big Blue at 4. I got time yet.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:53 pm

freakzilla wrote:
captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Okami's best 3 wins are-

Jacare has the weakest resume when it comes to wins and he just lost to a guy that wasn't even top 30.

how are Maia Kamp and Miller better then kennedy, mayhem and Lawler?

And Luke's rankings are skewed cause he has been out for so long. everyone knew he was talented, 8-1 with 8 1st rnd finishes, he trains with a great camp, actually had a ton of time to train and improve since last we saw him, and looked great last night.

Do not get too hung up on subjective rankings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:55 pm

captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Okami's best 3 wins are-

how are Maia Kamp and Miller better then kennedy, mayhem and Lawler?

And Luke's rankings are skewed cause he has been out for so long. everyone knew he was talented, 8-1 with 8 1st rnd finishes, he trains with a great camp, actually had a ton of time to train and improve since last we saw him, and looked great last night.

Do not get too hung up on subjective rankings.

Lol, his best win was Jesse Taylor.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:56 pm

my head feels like a vat of melted black licorice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next