Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Juan Manuel Lopez Barely Survives Roger Mtagwa In Fight Of The Year Candidate

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Juan Manuel Lopez Barely Survives Roger Mtagwa In Fight Of The Year Candidate Empty
PostSubject: Juan Manuel Lopez Barely Survives Roger Mtagwa In Fight Of The Year Candidate   Juan Manuel Lopez Barely Survives Roger Mtagwa In Fight Of The Year Candidate EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:21 am

What a fight this Is why I love boxing and combat sports. JuanMa showed alot of heart and balls but he was almost KO'd near the end.

Unbeaten WBO Jr featherweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez (27-0, 24 KOs) overcame the toughest challenge of his career, winning a narrow twelve round unanimous decision over Rogers Mtagwa (26-13-2, 18 KOs) on Saturday night inside the WaMu Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York City. “Juanma” had all he could handle with the rugged brawler Mtagwa as the bout contained many spectacular exchanges. Lopez was credited with a knockdown in round five but every round was a war. Mtagwa had a lot more at the end and Lopez had to dig deep to survive the twelfth. Scores were 116-111, 114-113 and 115-111.

As soon as I find a link for the fight I will post it you won't be disappointed.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=22750

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=25963

Sorry about the music

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add highlights from the fight)
Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez Barely Survives Roger Mtagwa In Fight Of The Year Candidate
Page 1 of 1