Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do u guys like your Steaks?

Go down 
+11
acccardinal12
Farmer1906
cascade_run
killerofchicken
Ziggy116
Cu Bu
GDPofDRC
LA
bobbitt15
Ludo
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:44 am

timthebim wrote:
Damn I forgot about this thread.
Yeah I thought there was one about it so I put "steaks" in the search and this popped up.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 am

Been nearly 2 years since we posted this.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 pm

timthebim wrote:
Damn Im the only 1 that likes them stove cooked?

i like them done rare on the stove in a good heavy pan, you can lob some butter in the oil at the last minute and baste it up nicely.

forward thinking restaurants in the UK will tend to slow cook them vaccum packed in a temperature controlled water bath and then finish off on the stove or in the oven, this works well and creates a really tender, tasty steak but few people will be able to do that at home.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:47 pm

It is Rare to Medium Rare for me .. if you order anything over that you should order chicken. Only excuse that merits is if you have a vagina.

Same for burgers .. Only eat a burger at a place that will ask you how you want it cooked, it is a good sign.. I understand people ordering over medium-rare on burgers more than steaks but still

"Wherever you get your burger, please, order it medium-rare. It is, after all, your patriotic duty. Anyone who refuses to serve you a burger anywhere under medium is basically on the side of the terrorists." - Anthony Bourdain
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:52 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
It is Rare to Medium Rare for me .. if you order anything over that you should order chicken. Only excuse that merits is if you have a vagina.

Same for burgers .. Only eat a burger at a place that will ask you how you want it cooked, it is a good sign.. I understand people ordering over medium-rare on burgers more than steaks but still

"Wherever you get your burger, please, order it medium-rare. It is, after all, your patriotic duty. Anyone who refuses to serve you a burger anywhere under medium is basically on the side of the terrorists." - Anthony Bourdain

I disagree on the burgers. I don't want any pink in my burger. I actually prefer it to be well done. I don't think burgers are suppose to be soft. I also prefer thin burgers to overly thick burgers. There is the place I go to on the way to OU games sometimes in this little hole in the wall town that serves these amazing burgers and they are very thin and not even fully formed patties when they serve them, but damn they are the best .
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm

OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

I disagree on the burgers. I don't want any pink in my burger. I actually prefer it to be well done. I don't think burgers are suppose to be soft. I also prefer thin burgers to overly thick burgers. There is the place I go to on the way to OU games sometimes in this little hole in the wall town that serves these amazing burgers and they are very thin and not even fully formed patties when they serve them, but damn they are the best .

yeah I know of that place.. its called mcdonalds
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/241/1138631/restaurant/Oklahoma/J-W-Grill-Chickasha

I've mentioned it many times on here.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 pm

OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

I was just messing .. BUT: Medium rare will have some red not pink though ..

All fast food cook to Well
Most Chain Restaurants cook to medium only (will say on there menu)

I understand some people being iffy about ground beef's wellness .. the main point I was saying is you should only eat at a burger joint that will ask your preference or cook it yourself
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
OU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

I was just messing .. BUT: Medium rare will have some red not pink though ..

All fast food cook to Well
Most Chain Restaurants cook to medium only (will say on there menu)

I understand some people being iffy about ground beef's wellness .. the main point I was saying is you should only eat at a burger joint that will ask your preference or cook it yourself
When it comes to steaks I agree it's criminal to get it well done or above medium. But when it comes to burgers it's just different for me. I don't want a juicy, soft burger like I do my steak. I like the taste better when it's cooked all the way through. I'm not iffy about the beef, it's all about the flavor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do u guys like your Steaks?   How do u guys like your Steaks? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do u guys like your Steaks?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2