Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight Empty
PostSubject: Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight   Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 am

Quote :
Dan Rafael
On Wednesday night, @viciousortiz and @oscardelahoya will appear together for an interview on CNN's @PiersMorgan. 9 pm ET/PT. #boxing
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight   Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:31 am

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/6912225/oscar-de-la-hoya-admits-addictions-tv-interview
Former boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya said in a television interview that he had thought about suicide and has been going to rehab because he has become dependent on drugs and alcohol

Oscar De La Hoya hasn't fought since being thoroughly beaten by Manny Pacquiao in 2008.

"Rock bottom was recently," De La Hoya said, according to an English-language transcript provided by Spanish-language network Univision. "Within a couple of years, just thinking if my life was even worth it. I don't have the strength, I don't have the courage to take my own life but I was thinking about it."

De La Hoya says he has been sober for three months after undergoing treatment and joining Alcoholics Anonymous.

He said he was unfaithful to his wife and that they were separated for a while.

"We are obviously not talking a Tiger Woods here, but I was unfaithful," De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya retired in 2009 after a 16-year career in which he won 10 world titles in six divisions and became boxing's most popular fighter.

De La Hoya was thoroughly beaten by Manny Pacquiao in his last fight. He won his last title in May 2006, beating Ricardo Mayorga in six rounds for the WBC 154-pound belt. He finished with a record of 39-6 and 30 knockouts.

Known as "The Golden Boy," De La Hoya transcended his sport, using his bilingual skills to generate crossover appeal among Latinos and whites.

He began boxing at age 5, following in the path of his grandfather and father. He won an Olympic gold medal at the 1992 Barcelona Games, delivering on a promise to his late mother, Cecilia, who died of breast cancer two years earlier.

"There were drugs, my drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol, hmm. Cocaine was recent. The last 2 years, last 2½ years and I depended more in the alcohol than the cocaine," De La Hoya said. "It took me to a place where I felt safe, it took me to a place where I felt as if nobody can say anything to me, it took me to a place where I just can reach out and grab my mom."
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight   Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Cool maybe I will check it out. Its alittle shitty that he throws tigers name out in this interview though. Oscar u fucked up leave every1 else out of it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight   Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:01 pm

OU wrote:
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/6912225/oscar-de-la-hoya-admits-addictions-tv-interview
Former boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya said in a television interview that he had thought about suicide and has been going to rehab because he has become dependent on drugs and alcohol

Oscar De La Hoya hasn't fought since being thoroughly beaten by Manny Pacquiao in 2008.

"Rock bottom was recently," De La Hoya said, according to an English-language transcript provided by Spanish-language network Univision. "Within a couple of years, just thinking if my life was even worth it. I don't have the strength, I don't have the courage to take my own life but I was thinking about it."

De La Hoya says he has been sober for three months after undergoing treatment and joining Alcoholics Anonymous.

He said he was unfaithful to his wife and that they were separated for a while.

"We are obviously not talking a Tiger Woods here, but I was unfaithful," De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya retired in 2009 after a 16-year career in which he won 10 world titles in six divisions and became boxing's most popular fighter.

De La Hoya was thoroughly beaten by Manny Pacquiao in his last fight. He won his last title in May 2006, beating Ricardo Mayorga in six rounds for the WBC 154-pound belt. He finished with a record of 39-6 and 30 knockouts.

Known as "The Golden Boy," De La Hoya transcended his sport, using his bilingual skills to generate crossover appeal among Latinos and whites.

He began boxing at age 5, following in the path of his grandfather and father. He won an Olympic gold medal at the 1992 Barcelona Games, delivering on a promise to his late mother, Cecilia, who died of breast cancer two years earlier.

"There were drugs, my drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol, hmm. Cocaine was recent. The last 2 years, last 2½ years and I depended more in the alcohol than the cocaine," De La Hoya said. "It took me to a place where I felt safe, it took me to a place where I felt as if nobody can say anything to me, it took me to a place where I just can reach out and grab my mom."

Not good, Dan Patrick was talking about that this morning. Too bad, hope he can atone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight   Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Victor Ortiz and Oscar De La Hoya to appear on Piers Morgan's CNN show tonight
Page 1 of 1