Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 134 Predictions

Go down 
+4
OU
killerofchicken
captain organic
Ludo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:42 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I just don't see a way Nog wins this... i've said this before but after the whooping Cain put on him I've lost all confidence in him... yeah he had a good fight against Couture, but it was Couture at 47. i say nog loses by tko and calls it quits in front of his home fans
Like mentioned before Schaub wasn't that impressive vs CC. If Nog is even close to healthy I think he has the advantage both standing and on the ground in this fight. Schaub will have to try to use his athletic ability to win the fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:45 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
I just don't see a way Nog wins this... i've said this before but after the whooping Cain put on him I've lost all confidence in him... yeah he had a good fight against Couture, but it was Couture at 47. i say nog loses by tko and calls it quits in front of his home fans
Like mentioned before Schaub wasn't that impressive vs CC. If Nog is even close to healthy I think he has the advantage both standing and on the ground in this fight. Schaub will have to try to use his athletic ability to win the fight.
so if he wasn't that impressive against CC he'll suck against an even older and more useless Nog? i dont see it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
so if he wasn't that impressive against CC he'll suck against an even older and more useless Nog? i dont see it
Nog may be older but at this point he is still the better fighter. The year off to heal his body could turn out to be a good thing. Also I know he rushed his rehab which could come back to bite him but I actually think it might be a good thing since it kept him working hard and motivated.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Nog may be older but at this point he is still the better fighter. The year off to heal his body could turn out to be a good thing. Also I know he rushed his rehab which could come back to bite him but I actually think it might be a good thing since it kept him working hard and motivated.
Nog has been on the decline for a long time, and i think this fight proves it... he's been beaten on for too long
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:53 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

How do you figure Nog is more useless than CC?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 pm

I don't think we can call Nog shot just yet. He was KO'd when he was sick and shouldn't have been in the cage vs Mir and then again by a monster in Cain. In between that he didn't look too bad when he was fighting Randy. But like I said the year off could help him and I don't think Schaub will land that clean power shot he needs to put the Legend down. If he doesn't land that shot he won't win the fight IMO
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:57 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

How do you figure Nog is more useless than CC?
Nog has looked worse than CC in his recent losses, and cc got knocked out in most of his fights... which makes it even worse! lol

Schaub is a young and fast athlete, he'll work the jab and counter anything Nog will throw at him.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm

OU wrote:
I don't think we can call Nog shot just yet. He was KO'd when he was sick and shouldn't have been in the cage vs Mir and then again by a monster in Cain. In between that he didn't look too bad when he was fighting Randy. But like I said the year off could help him and I don't think Schaub will land that clean power shot he needs to put the Legend down. If he doesn't land that shot he won't win the fight IMO
yes, he looked good against RANDY! who stood there and traded with him, let's not get carried away here
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
yes, he looked good against RANDY! who stood there and traded with him, let's not get carried away here
Randy was a game opponent. Schaub is an up and comer, he isn't some unstoppable force by any means.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:02 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Randy was a game opponent. Schaub is an up and comer, he isn't some unstoppable force by any means.
who said he was? but he'll do enough to beat up on a slow and aging Nog Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Starting to waver a little bit on the Schaub/Nog fight. I really wasn't that impressed with Schaub vs CC and I think even a fading Nog has more left in the tank than Mirko at this point

Lol, that's my thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:04 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
who said he was? but he'll do enough to beat up on a slow and aging Nog Very Happy
Well the Nog that shows up will be a motivated and a rejuvenated Nog, so Schaub is SOL
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Why is Randy even being brought up here? Randy was slow as hell in that fight, and Schaub isn't going to stand in one spot getting wailed on.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Ludo wrote:
Why is Randy even being brought up here? Randy was slow as hell in that fight, and Schaub isn't going to stand in one spot getting wailed on.
yeah that's what im trying to explain to these dudes...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:31 pm

OU wrote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24962/watch-todays-ufc-134-fighter-weigh-ins-live-on-mmajunkie-com-at-3-p-m-et.mma
Just something interesting I read today that kind of goes with this.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/26/2386182/ufc-134-rio-dana-white-video-blog-part-2
He keeps getting everyone's weight for some reason (Big Nog is 242, Schaub is 240, Forrest is 216, Yushin is 89 kg or 196 lb, and Shogun is already on weight)
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24962/watch-todays-ufc-134-fighter-weigh-ins-live-on-mmajunkie-com-at-3-p-m-et.mma
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/26/2386182/ufc-134-rio-dana-white-video-blog-part-2
He keeps getting everyone's weight for some reason (Big Nog is 242, Schaub is 240, Forrest is 216, Yushin is 89 kg or 196 lb, and Shogun is already on weight)
when were those weights?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:38 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
OU wrote:
when were those weights?
Not sure.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:42 am

last night i had a dream that okami wen't for a takedown and was on his knees and silva knocked him out with one punch! i just remembered it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:47 am

killerofchicken wrote:
last night i had a dream that okami wen't for a takedown and was on his knees and silva knocked him out with one punch! i just remembered it.

That's a nightmare not a dream tongue
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:55 am

Brendan Schaub sucks. Nog looked old and slow and he still fucking put his ass away in the 1st round. L-O-L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:01 am

Wolf must be devastated, yet he'd still pick both against Brock.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:02 am

thank you rodrigo noguiera for having one good fight left in you especially in your "back yard" you made my night. other than that this card was about what i expected except for the cane vs russian fight because i didnt know much about stanislov
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:49 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Brendan Schaub sucks. Nog looked old and slow and he still fucking put his ass away in the 1st round. L-O-L
Schaub was landing some really good shots in that fight, he had Nog hurt i thought... Schaubs problem is his chin, he doesn't have one
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:15 am

killerofchicken wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Schaub was landing some really good shots in that fight, he had Nog hurt i thought... Schaubs problem is his chin, he doesn't have one

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 134 Predictions
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3