Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hughes only wants washed up fighters

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
LTFG
Farmer1906
thome_nerko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

Hughes only wants washed up fighters Empty
PostSubject: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:46 pm

As far as who I fight next? You know, looking at these younger kids who are wanting to come in and be the next world champion or be the next contender, I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know if I'll take on those guys. There are plenty of older guys out there with big names who can fight, too. I like to take fights where I've got something to win. If I take a fight against Mike Swick or Josh Kosheck, I've really got nothing to gain from that fight besides a paycheck and beating somebody up. They've got more to win than I do. Those aren't the kinds of fights that interest me.
Royce Gracie was a big fight, you know? It was a huge name, a guy that had won the old tournaments in the beginning. Those are the fights I like, the ones I can really get revved up for and get motivated. Those are the kinds of fights that gets me into the gym ready to train and work.

Looks like Hughes wants a fight he can actually win....
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Sounds like his perception of "young" guys isn't what most on here think. These "young" guys look like contenders, but Hughes doesn't see them the same. Anyway the Gracie fight was huge back then, not way around that.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Thome... What's your deal with Hughes? You run into him at some point and he made fun of your wheelchair? Seriously, your infatuation is bordering on being as creepy as that guy on the ESPN NFL board that hates Favre...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:55 pm

thome is a Hughes basher, but he has a rare point here. remember this day men...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:04 pm

It makes sense since he's one of the washed up fighters.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:06 pm

I'll ask again... Who is worthy enough to fight Matt Hughes? He signed a 3 fight deal...but won't fight anyone that isn't old. The Gracie fight was huge, but Royce was a 40 year old retired fighter....those are the kind of fights that get Hughes "revved up"? Just retire...
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Hughes next 3 fights

Phil Barroni, Matt Serra and Frank Trigg

sounds about what he would want to do rite?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:54 pm

if that is the only thing that motivates him it is and has been time to hang it up
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:41 pm

I think Hallman falls in that mix since it could be easily hyped... Maybe Hardy or Daley (Who's been barking a lot too)... And I guarnatee the AKA guys get under his skin at some point and he ends up fighting one. Likely Swick since he seems to be the loudest bird a chirpin, and I don't know if that's a fight Swick really wants. He should be focusing on Hardy, and doing less talking though. Hardy's no bitch...

So I'll ask again Thome... What's with your Hughes hatered? It seems he's the only subject you care to discuss on this forum...
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:52 pm

No one else brought it up....so?...

I do think he is a d-bag, but when a guy is quoted as saying he would rather fight a big named older guy it makes me scratch my head.....what would those types of fights do for him? He said he wouldn't gain anything with a win over Koscheck or Hughes....what would he gain from beating Trigg again or Baroni, or Serra?! I'm just curious what fight will get him revved up? Frank Shamrock?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 1:04 pm

As far as I am concerned, if you are not looking to fight the best fighters in the world, you need to retire. I have said that about other fighters who run after easy competition with easy paychecks, just keep running dawg. Hughes doesn't need the money, but if he wants to be a fighter, he needs to be a motivated fighter. Bring on Aoki since he wants a shot at some real fighters who would prove difficult for him. He said he wants to fight the BJ Penns and the Keny Florian's of the world. that is my kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hughes only wants washed up fighters   Hughes only wants washed up fighters Empty

Back to top Go down

Hughes only wants washed up fighters
Page 1 of 1