Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?

Go down 
+2
captain organic
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? Empty
PostSubject: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? Gervais-jesus-photoshoot-causes-controversy-62882-470-75
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Yes, because the shitstorm it would cause would be much larger than the reward of having a controversial cover.

I'm an atheist and i would not run that if i ran Rolling Stone...it puts out the vibe that Rolling Stone is partial to atheism and Rolling Stone or any media publication don't want to put out any such vibe that they are partial to anything...be it atheism, christianity, etc. It's an easy decision and one that should not be questioned. I'm surprised they even shot the photo.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Yes, because the shitstorm it would cause would be much larger than the reward of having a controversial cover.

I'm an atheist and i would not run that if i ran Rolling Stone...it puts out the vibe that Rolling Stone is partial to atheism and Rolling Stone or any media publication don't want to put out any such vibe that they are partial to anything...be it atheism, christianity, etc. It's an easy decision and one that should not be questioned. I'm surprised they even shot the photo.

but every mag puts religion on their covers, quite frequently. Why not have a little bit of atheism?
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? 15036972
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 pm

I would say yes because I see absolutely no point to it at all
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 pm

I dont have a real beef with it. Its just a picture.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:04 am

I'd want a self portrait like that no joke, without the mike and atheist, although I am. I'm mixed between mostly atheist but a little bit agnostic, I'll say it's possible a supreme being exists, but certainly not the BS religions claim. Grew up a confirmed RC by the way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?   Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Were Rolling Stone right not to use this as their cover ?
Page 1 of 1