Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone of yall in management?

Go down 
+2
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Anyone of yall in management? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey so today I had to do my first write up of an employee for insubordination...

Being a manager is a new experience for me. I want to ensure it's successful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Yes I am Wolf. I have been working at a retail store now for nearly 6 years and 4 of them have been as a manager. Its never easy to write up people but it goes with the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 pm

The thought of Wolf dishing out discipline cracks me up, you're usually the troublemaker Wink
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:27 pm

I could picture Wolf saying "What do u mean Tito's stand-up game is shit?". Then writing some1 up lol.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Just dont smile when you hand the form over and ask them to sign it. Never talk like Lumberg off Office Space and you should be good.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Lol beast
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 pm

That would piss me off you know. I would kick Wolf's ass if he smiled and talked Like Lumberg (or anyone for that matter). I don't wanna beat a Wolf's ass, but in that situation I would break him off. Asshole managers never make it anyways.

Wolf you need to find a reason or a way to inspire this guy if he is a good worker or close with the team. A manager isn't shit in anything if he doesn't have motiveted employee's ready to go for him or her. If the guy sucks and his co-workers don't like him then this IS step 1 of getting him the eff out there. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Ali wrote:
The thought of Wolf dishing out discipline cracks me up, you're usually the troublemaker Wink

lol! It's like Dennis Rodman coaching and trying to discipline a player.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:16 pm

What are the details of the infraction?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:10 pm

A brother of one of our most respected employees just hired in. He didn't have his ID and SS card in by Friday so when he came in for his check he was told we couldn't process the paperwork without the documents. He threw a bitch fit and stormed off. I tried to call him and he got loud with me and referred to the owners wife as "the little girl behind the desk" while on the phone with me. He then quits. A couple hours later he apologizes and asks for his job back. We should have realistically told him to fuck off, but he gave us a sob story on how bad he needed the job and that is why he got so upset at the thought of no check, so the owner and his wife told me to make the call and I gave him another shot. I wrote him up and told him to submit a written apology to her on Monday.

He has anger issues I can tell from the way he behaves and the fact his nose looks like it has been smashed a time or too. I asked him if someone were to ask his wife or dad would they say he has an anger issue, he said she probably would. I wonder if he has power and control issues with women because his reaction to the way she was talking to him really seemed to upset him, and his comment "little girl behind the desk" had a masculine meathead tone. I specifically warned him about women issues and I won't tolerate anymore comments like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Thats crazy that he needed the job so bad but got alittle upset and quit on the spot.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:23 pm

He was non-compliant with payroll procedure and reacted inappropriately by blaming anyone other than himself. Fair write up it would seem. If he is gonna be attitude liability internally or for customers then the leash should be short. He might be in need but he still has to be in check, always, that's business. A family/friend hiring can sometimes come with baggage. Seen it several times before. Sibling/spouse/friend/etc.,. gains employment entry on the recommendation existing reputable employee only to turn out to be of far less value than said existing employee. In a management/supervisor position, it can be too easy for subordinates bullshit to reflect on your ability to control or contain said bullshit. Short leash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:48 pm

need Papa Shamrock to come handle this? I got the speedo, grease and hair oil!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
need Papa Shamrock to come handle this? I got the speedo, grease and hair oil!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone of yall in management?   Anyone of yall in management? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone of yall in management?
Page 1 of 1