Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy Basketball League

Go down 
+5
discovery99
Bigs03
LA
timthebim
oggy420
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Fantasy Basketball League Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Last year a small group of us played and due to my total domination the league wasn't very active. The season is starting in a few weeks but i just wanted to see if there was any interest in it.

Just want to see if there is any interest in doing one this year. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:37 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Last year a small group of us played and due to my total domination the league wasn't very active. The season is starting in a few weeks but i just wanted to see if there was any interest in it.

Just want to see if there is any interest in doing one this year. Thoughts?

I would be down to play
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:42 pm

ok so lets see if we can get 10 people

Oggy
timethebim
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Soy hacia abajo
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:55 pm

I'm in, love fantasy basketball.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:44 pm

I'll play
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 pm

In like Flynn
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:29 pm

so we have 6. Need 4 more
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:45 pm

OG you got to put an IDP in the Yahoo league
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 1:30 pm

i'm down
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:50 pm

What's the deal with this???
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:50 pm

ok ill set it up
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 pm

SWEET
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:07 pm

what type of scoring should we do?
Choices are

Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Rotisserie, or 'Roto', is the most common way to play Fantasy Basketball. In this scoring type, teams are ranked from first to last in each of the league's stat categories. Points are then awarded based on these category rankings and totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
This scoring system is much like traditional Fantasy Football where each matchup's winner is determined by which team scores the most fantasy points. The end result is a win, loss or tie depending on your scoring settings. Most H2H leagues use our playoff system, with seeding based on the seasonal win-loss record. Playoff matchups are determined via a bracket, with the winners of each matchup advancing and the losers being eliminated until a single League Champion is determined.

H2H: Each Category
This is the most common type of head-to-head scoring in Fantasy Basketball. If selected teams will compete in all the league's stat categories individually, earning a win, loss, or tie in each one for a combined final weekly score (i.e., 5-2-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs, and you will have the option to set up divisions.

H2H: Most Categories
This type of h2h scoring allows you to select a number of stat categories. For each matchup (usually Monday through Sunday) team totals are accumulated in each of the stat categories. At the end of the matchup, the winner is determined by which team wins the greater number of categories. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1) for each team. If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs, and you will have the option to set up divisions

Points-Based Scoring
This scoring type allows you to assign a point value to each individual stat category (i.e. Point =1, Rebound =2, Assist =3, etc.). Standings are based on the accumulation of points covering all stat categories and combined into one total points column. The team with the most overall points at the end of the season wins.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:11 pm

oggy420 wrote:
what type of scoring should we do?
Choices are

Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Rotisserie, or 'Roto', is the most common way to play Fantasy Basketball. In this scoring type, teams are ranked from first to last in each of the league's stat categories. Points are then awarded based on these category rankings and totaled to determine an overall score and league rank.

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
This scoring system is much like traditional Fantasy Football where each matchup's winner is determined by which team scores the most fantasy points. The end result is a win, loss or tie depending on your scoring settings. Most H2H leagues use our playoff system, with seeding based on the seasonal win-loss record. Playoff matchups are determined via a bracket, with the winners of each matchup advancing and the losers being eliminated until a single League Champion is determined.
H2H: Each Category
This is the most common type of head-to-head scoring in Fantasy Basketball. If selected teams will compete in all the league's stat categories individually, earning a win, loss, or tie in each one for a combined final weekly score (i.e., 5-2-1). If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs, and you will have the option to set up divisions.

H2H: Most Categories
This type of h2h scoring allows you to select a number of stat categories. For each matchup (usually Monday through Sunday) team totals are accumulated in each of the stat categories. At the end of the matchup, the winner is determined by which team wins the greater number of categories. The end result is a win (1-0-0), loss (0-1-0) or tie (0-0-1) for each team. If selected, your league will have team schedules/playoffs, and you will have the option to set up divisions

Points-Based Scoring
This scoring type allows you to assign a point value to each individual stat category (i.e. Point =1, Rebound =2, Assist =3, etc.). Standings are based on the accumulation of points covering all stat categories and combined into one total points column. The team with the most overall points at the end of the season wins.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:13 pm

ok cool thats what i wanted to go with
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Can you post the categories you are planning to include in the scoring? Or I guess after you set up the league will you take suggestions for other categories to use for scoring?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:25 pm

I actually like scoring type 2: H2H, the one like Football, think BB works well for that IMO
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:32 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I actually like scoring type 2: H2H, the one like Football, think BB works well for that IMO

So after one week of keeping track of a bunch of individual stat categories you'd want to have a 1-0 or 0-1 record? I don't know, for basketball I think the h2h each category scoring option is the best.

Maybe a vote is in order.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:37 pm

It's just like Football, players accumulate points over the week, team with the higher scoring lineup wins, Baskeball is perfect for it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:43 pm

damn i already created the league, i dont think you can change it but i can just make another one. I'll make another thread and have a poll for the scoring type.

But im confused by the h2h points thing, does that mean rebounds and all the other categories dont count? It's just points?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:55 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
It's just like Football, players accumulate points over the week, team with the higher scoring lineup wins, Baskeball is perfect for it.

I don't know, I guess it's just a personal preference. I think basketball is just like baseball. There are so many stat categories to keep track of, just like baseball. In football there aren't that many categories that all players can fit into. For example, rushing attempts can only apply to one of your positions...same with completion percentage, yards per catch, and just about any other stat in football. In baseball and basketball all of the players can be tracked in all of the different stat categories. That's why I think the h2h each category scoring option is the best.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 pm

oh yea i need email adresses
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:37 pm

check ur email you and LA should have gotten invites, just went back into my old mail and dug them up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Basketball League   Fantasy Basketball League Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Basketball League
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next