Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?

Go down 
+11
Primetyme199
cascade_run
timthebim
LA
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
OU
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Yes or No?
Yes
Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
No
Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Dude, some of your favorite fighters are roiders

never failed a test or had this happen to them though.

and some of your favorite fighters are on roids too

atleast they dont get a PR moron to go on a show with them and cry about it, he made his bed, fucking sleep in it

But roiders none the less.

The guy on the show with him is his manager.

And tell me who the fuck Nate is blameing other than himself when he actually could be pointing hthe finger else where.

WHO IS HE BLAMING BIRD?

where do i say he is blaming others? He isnt BLAMING HIMSELF thats the problem, he admits to taking banned substances and being involved in something obviously shady as shit ACCORDING TO HIM, what do you really think happened?

who can he point the finger elsewhere at??

So he made his bed, is he not sleeping in it? And if you listened to the interview you would of heard him say "at the end of the day I can only blame myself"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:05 pm

GSP is not on roids Beating a Dead Horse Lol.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

atleast they dont get a PR moron to go on a show with them and cry about it, he made his bed, fucking sleep in it

And tell me who the fuck Nate is blameing other than himself when he actually could be pointing hthe finger else where.

WHO IS HE BLAMING BIRD?

?

If he was Chael he would place 100% blame on the doctor who recommended he up his treatment 2 weeks prior to the event I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Ariel asks if Dana spoke with Marquardt. Nate says Dana asked him, "How could you let this happen?" Dana did not tell Nate he was released, but Nate understood it was "very bad." Nate found out through McMahon, but he was expecting it.

Nate says he expected to be fired

innocent people with guilt free consciences dont expect to be fired

yep Im sure you would blame Barry Bonds doctor as well
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

WHO IS HE BLAMING BIRD?

?

If he was Chael he would place 100% blame on the doctor who recommended he up his treatment 2 weeks prior to the event I'd imagine.
Yeah Chael and Nate are handling these situations very differently.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

WHO IS HE BLAMING BIRD?

?

So no one. Got it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Ariel asks if Dana spoke with Marquardt. Nate says Dana asked him, "How could you let this happen?" Dana did not tell Nate he was released, but Nate understood it was "very bad." Nate found out through McMahon, but he was expecting it.

That isn't true. They said they knew it was very bad and that was a possibility. He didn't say that was the expected outcome just that they knew it was a possibility. You are taking things out of context.

Last edited by OU on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:12 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

WHO IS HE BLAMING BIRD?

?

So no one. Got it
He could just lie through his teeth over and over like your boy Sonnen. Maybe that would have saved his job.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:13 pm

it did work for sonnen...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

I think your being rediculous, but maybe you can change my mind. You know White better than Nate I will assume so you can tell my why it is undeniably a guilty conscious that would think White would want to fire him, then you could elaborate on how Barry Bonds situation relates to this and why it would mean that Bonds doctors are the culprits of his obvious juicing.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:19 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I voted no. Other fighters have to fight with physical liabilities compared to others and they don't get special treatment.
Medicine isn't special treatment dipshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Tough to say, if need is natural I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
I voted no. Other fighters have to fight with physical liabilities compared to others and they don't get special treatment.
Medicine isn't special treatment dipshit.

It is when you're the one that fucked your body up in the first place by doing steroids. Nate could've still fought if he didn't take TRT.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 pm

LA wrote:
Tough to say, if need is natural I guess.

Exactly what I think about it. I would have to research it alittle more.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 pm

I get my supplements from a fomer womens bodybuilder that now runs a shop, my buddy and I thought for the longest time that you could get roids in the back of the shop if you got to know her and she knew you were legit, we finally got the balls to ask her and got into a great conversation, where she stated that if you get caught then you fucked up by not putting the right people around you to make sure you timed everything correctly, you can cycle off roids if you time it right so there is no trace, just the effects.

They should allow if it is regulated, all out in the open, but they shouldn't be allowed to fight if they are on cycle, have to be at least 2-3 months off
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:34 am

"Nate Marquardt just gave the first full, honest explanation of
his positive test after the Salaverry test. A very, very pleasant
surprise... Marquardt story in short: approved for hormone replacement,
didn’t keep his T:E ratio in order, warned to do so, wasn’t cleared to
fight"
-Jordan Breen

"People acting like this seems legit know absolutely nothing, not a
damn thing, about how TRT works in the hands of a proper
endocrinologist... I hope folks realize how beyond incompetent your
endocrinologist has to be to mess up your T:E ratio...
Oh, it absolutely is Marquardt’s job to ensure he meets all licensing requirements. It’s his job and his job alone..." -Tomas Rios

"There are gaping holes in Marquardt’s story, but at least he and
Lex McMahon are prepared to handle this story in a professional manner.
HRT/TRT is beyond rare in young people. World-class athletes with 12
years of training camps behind them? Hahahahaha... Can’t wait until
someone finds out who Marquardt’s doctor is. I suspect there’s a reason
why the doctor has yet to be named. Marquardt’s basically saying his
doctor’s solution to the T:E ratio problem was to give it the old
college try. What a pro. Marquardt’s doctor was using treatment
protocols not accepted by the USADA. Where’s my smoking gun of
quackery?"
- Tomas Rios

"My question is why would Marquardt be allowed to fight in NJ if
his levels were high and why wasn’t Dan Miller notified? Nate still
looks bad but NJSACB looks even worse. If Nate is right about this how
can you let someone fight with elevated levels of test?"
-Greg Savage
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:03 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/29/2250219/bj-penn-calls-trt-total-bs-calls-for-removal-of-ped-cancer-from-mma
Quote :
All this testosterone replacement therapy stuff is total BS. A true
martial artist would never consider cheating! If you can't do it of
carbs, fats, proteins and vitamins and minerals you're weak! Fighters on
'roids = blue collar crime. Coaches of fighters on 'roids = white
collar crime. Everyone has to come together and get this "ped" cancer
out of our sport!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 am

Penn just wants an excuse to be out of shape. Proteins, vitamins and minerals is smart but the rest I agree with.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am

freakzilla wrote:
Penn just wants an excuse to be out of shape. Proteins, vitamins and minerals is smart but the rest I agree with.
WOW
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:27 pm

I voted yes, but I've been feeling no more and more. The commissions and physicians aren't on the same page and there are no universal control measures to ensure against abuse.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I voted yes, but I've been feeling no more and more. The commissions and physicians aren't on the same page and there are no universal control measures to ensure against abuse.

Yeah I voted yes as well but I think it should be under very rare and extreme situations. The more I read the less I think it should be allowed. I don't think it should be allowed to boost an aging fighter or extend a career.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:39 pm

It's funny, when I was driving home from work yesterday there were two different radio commercials for "Men, do you miss the day of your youth when you had boundless energy, were a sex machine, were happy, and energetic? But ______ testosterone now!"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:42 pm

How much did you order?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:47 pm

OU wrote:
How much did you order?

Remember, I'm not only a member, I'm the president.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?   Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should MMA fighters be allowed to fight if they are on TRT?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next