Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH Empty
PostSubject: USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH   USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Kid was bench pressing and dropped the bar on his throat crushing his neck and larynx. He went through 7 hours of surgery to repair, will miss the season (Duh), but is expected to make a full recovery.

For those who have spent any time in a gym, this is a nightmare. I am one who holds my thumb on the same side of the bar as my other fingers (Comfort thing), not wrapping it around the bar for support, and have dropped on my chest in the past. I can't imagine how terrible his technique must be to have that bar over his throat though... Damn' makes me cringe just thinking about it...
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH   USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:31 am

i was really worried when i heard this.. im glad hes going to make a full recovery.. defintely scary cus ive also dropped weights on my chest
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH   USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:30 pm

He was bench pressing with is fingers turned inward, it is called the suicide grip and he was doing that with 275 lbs, stupid as hell if you ask me, and I guess if you ask him, I'm glad he is ok, that is scary as hell.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH   USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Damn i havent heard he had the suicide grip!! I just thought he had a honest accident. Still very glad he will be OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH   USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH Empty

Back to top Go down

USC's Stafon Johnson... OUCH
Page 1 of 1