Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event

Go down 
+2
LA
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event Empty
PostSubject: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/23/2238846/gegard-mousasi-vs-mike-kyle-possible-for-strikeforce-event-on-sept-10
Gegard Mousasi vs. Mike Kyle, which was originally supposed to happen back on April 9, is likely for Strikeforce's upcoming Sept. 10 event, according to Heavy.com.
These two were initially set to square off for the right to determine
the number one contender to the light heavyweight throne; however, Kyle
broke his hand and was forced out of action.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:49 am

I was hoping they would remake this fight, both fighters need this fight. Let Jardine go to MW like he was going to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am

Yeah there really isn't any need for a Techno Viking rematch, Mousasi was robbed by incompetent judges.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Great fight, the standup battle should be sick, really though I'd be surprised if Mousasi doesn't get Kyle down and sub him.

Jardine also shouldn't get away with that draw, even though he took Mousasi down a shit load.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm

LA wrote:
Great fight, the standup battle should be sick, really though I'd be surprised if Mousasi doesn't get Kyle down and sub him.

Jardine also shouldn't get away with that draw, even though he took Mousasi down a shit load.

Kyle should have the strength advantage, he might be able to keep it standing for awhile. I'm sure Mousasi won't have any problems exchanging, alteast for little while. This is a fight that needed to happen IMO.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Power edge to Kyle, size/strength aswell I agree, Mousasi should be fine on the feet though, he may even be a better striker actually.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:12 pm

LA wrote:
Power edge to Kyle, size/strength aswell I agree, Mousasi should be fine on the feet though, he may even be a better striker actually.

Yeah I think he is the better striker but Kyle has more power and could do some damage on the feet. This could be an entertaining fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

ya, this is def an interesting fight.

common thought, I would think, is that gegard has the edge in both the standup and the ground game, but Kyle should be the bigger guy, longer reach and bigger power, so that could negate some of the technical edges Gegard has.

I've also never seen Gegard as big take down type of fighter,(and doesn't Kyle train with a bunch of top wrestlers?) so I don't think that will really come into play.

Kyle vs Rafael is the fight i've been more looking forward too.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 pm

captain organic wrote:

common thought, I would think, is that gegard has the edge in both the standup and the ground game, but Kyle should be the bigger guy, longer reach and bigger power, so that could negate some of the technical edges Gegard has.

I've also never seen Gegard as big take down type of fighter,(and doesn't Kyle train with a bunch of top wrestlers?) so I don't think that will really come into play.

You mean a rematch? Because Kyle already KO'd Cavalcante, unless you are talking about a different Rafael.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah Kyle dropped him

Mousasi vs Fiejo.....
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Good style fight. Mousasi should win.

Good thing they arent going to waste our time with a Jardine rematch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

You mean a rematch? Because Kyle already KO'd Cavalcante, unless you are talking about a different Rafael.

yeah a rematch, it made a ton of sense back when Rafael was the champ and without an obvious #1 contendor, while Kyle was on a winning streak and had the KO over Cavalcante on his record, but Kyle was not considered a big enough name so he kind of got shafted on that.

And that first fight is still a big mystery. Has anyone here actually seen it?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:23 pm

The only people who have seen that fight were there live in the building.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Kyle could as easily KO Mousasi as the other way around but it would be considered a tremendous upset. I lean Mousasi but Kyle is live here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event   Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Mousasi vs Kyle possible for Sep.10 SF Event
Page 1 of 1