Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who wins the SF Grand Prix?

Go down 
+6
josh200612
Birdofthad
captain organic
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
LA
10 posters

Prix Winner?
Overeem
Who wins the SF Grand Prix? Vote_lcap31%Who wins the SF Grand Prix? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Barnett
 31% [ 5 ]
Big Foot
 31% [ 5 ]
Serg
Who wins the SF Grand Prix? Vote_lcap6%Who wins the SF Grand Prix? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Who wins the SF Grand Prix? Empty
PostSubject: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:18 am

When this all started we had a couple guys we picked as favorites, but now it seems completely open, each guys present challenges and anyone one of them could win. It seems like a more open question now then it was months ago.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:24 am

I have Josh Barnett. His wrestling and cardio will be too much for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:24 am

Sticking with Reem for now
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:34 am

I've narrowed it down to Reem, Barnett and Foot LOL, not that Serg cna't win, dudes tough as hell.

All I know is I want Reem vs Barnett in the Final
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:52 am

I think Overeem will win. I think he'll be a lot more loose in his striking against Foot. He was only looking for the one punch tonight and i think Werdum's strategy might have done a lot to throw him off his game but Werdum simply was not working enough to win the fight..otherwise he might of. I think Werdum should have actually tried to take him down..not the intentionally telegraphed bullshit to trick Overeem in his guard. Werdum might of sold himself short tonight.

Overeem looked like shit to what most were expecting but i think he'll come back stronger. He's better than that but it definetly didnt help his hype and if i were him, i'd want that fight with Bigfoot to be sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Im rolling big foot.

I should prob pick Barnett cause I think he'll do to sergei what he did to grim, and thus has an easy road to the finals.

but I think foot will be too big for reem and will bully the bully. will reem be looser here? I guess, but I think foot is a better striker then werdum, so I see reem struggling in this fight as well. and I like his combo of size, bjj and striking vs Josh in the finals.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Overeem
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:20 pm

I still got Reem even though he wasn't himself last night.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Daniel Cormier somehow
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:12 am

If the Final came down to Barnett and Foot I'd be pretty comfortable picking Barnett. He could outwrestle Foot, and he has good hands, just didn't need to show it yesterday.

I'm amazed skimming comments on other sites, actually just Junkie, but it's like this is the first time people have seen Barnett, comments like Mitrione and Schuab would destroy Josh, yeesh.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 am

LA wrote:
If the Final came down to Barnett and Foot I'd be pretty comfortable picking Barnett. He could outwrestle Foot, and he has good hands, just didn't need to show it yesterday.

I'm amazed skimming comments on other sites, actually just Junkie, but it's like this is the first time people have seen Barnett, comments like Mitrione and Schuab would destroy Josh, yeesh.

LOL @ New fans!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 3:58 am

I picked Sergei.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:16 am

Polls always need that guy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:29 am

I'm rolling with Foot. Thought he had a great chance after watching him beat Fedor.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:34 am

I still think Overeem but he has to fight different than he did against Werdum, and i think he will
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 am

Reem vs Bigfoot should be an interesting fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:38 am

Who wins the SF Grand Prix? Strikeforce_grand_prix_bracket_updated_large_large
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 pm

It is really hard to pick a winner. Bigfoot and Barnett looked stellar and we know the other two can put people to sleep if they get accurate. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Damn
the results so far say it all
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wins the SF Grand Prix?   Who wins the SF Grand Prix? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wins the SF Grand Prix?
Page 1 of 1