Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?

Go down 
+7
captain organic
Cu Bu
oggy420
KingsOwn19
Ludo
discovery99
Farmer1906
11 posters

What fight are you more interested in?
Brock v Carwin
More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? Vote_lcap59%More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? Vote_rcap
 59% [ 16 ]
Fedor v Rogers
More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? Vote_lcap41%More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? Vote_rcap
 41% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? Empty
PostSubject: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 am

Here is the article I stole the title from - http://mmajunkie.com/news/16312/poll-results-more-anticipated-fight-emelianenko-vs-rogers-or-lesnar-vs-carwin.mma

Brock/Carwin won with 61% of the vote, while Fedor/Rogers got 32%. I was wondering what the % would be on here with no other fights listed.

I personally am more excited about seeing Brock/Carwin. Brock has improved quicker than any other fighter I have seen in the spotlight so I want to see that continue. He's a huge, athletic guy who finally gets matched up with another huge athletics guy.

Now on the other hand I am fairly certain I know Fedor is just going to smash Rogers. It may be with quick looping punches that come from awkward angles or it make be a quick takedown & sub, but either way I cannot see Rogers being the one to beat Fedor.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Brock/Carwin because Rogers has no chance against Fedor

This will be the first time Brock is fighting someone close to his size. I have my doubts about Carwin's stand up abilities but that's what he's known for, plus he has a wrestling background. Will be very interesting to see what happens if he can stop Brock's takedowns.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:05 pm

discovery99 wrote:
Brock/Carwin because Rogers has no chance against Fedor

This will be the first time Brock is fighting someone close to his size. I have my doubts about Carwin's stand up abilities but that's what he's known for, plus he has a wrestling background. Will be very interesting to see what happens if he can stop Brock's takedowns.

Are you sure Brock wants to take him down?
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Yeah, why wouldn't he? Brock's striking sucks and the only way Carwin wins this is by KO.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:40 pm

discovery99 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Yeah, why wouldn't he? Brock's striking sucks and the only way Carwin wins this is by KO.

His striking destroyed Herring's face and finished Couture. It isn't as bad as you make it sound.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

His striking destroyed Herring's face and finished Couture. It isn't as bad as you make it sound.

It is bad, and Carwin's one chance to win this fight is a KO from punches.

Herring and Couture were not a threat to Brock standing. He hit Herring with like one punch while standing, all other damage was on the ground. GNP finished Couture, not like that was an accomplishment anyway.. Couture was 45 years old and 50lbs lighter.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Herring is no threat striking? Are you high? Herring was close to finishing Minotauro on the feet and almost did it with that nasty head kick. Herrings striking is nothing to overlook.

Couture did more damage to Brock on the feet than vice versa. However Lesnar will have improved his striking coming into this fight given how the fight with Gonzaga went for Carwin. He did get rocked by three consecutive right hooks and Gonzaga isn't near as strong as Lesnar. If Lesnar lands a good one on the button he can have Carwin in some serious trouble.

The problem is I don't know if Carwin can defend Brocks takedowns, he couldn't defend Gonzaga's takedown. The real question then becomes whether or not Brock can hold him down and do any damage.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:20 pm

Brock has good standup?

*leaves thread*
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:29 pm

My pick is undecided. I'll be watching Fedor-Rogers on CBS and Brock-Carwin on PPV. I personally think we got two guys who are legit(Fedor, Brock) and two guys who are middle of the pack. Carwin is a product of the UFC hype machine. He really is not a top contender and really shows how much UFC needed Fedor when Shane f'n Carwin turned out to be the next contender despite his only decent win coming against an overrated Gabe(MMA Gabe, BJJ Gabe is the man)...He's going to get smashed by Brock just like Rogers is going to get smashed by Fedor.

So basically, it comes down to which legit guy you want to watch more, and since Fedor has not fought since janurary, debut in the cage, and is the more proven and better all around fighter....i guess i'm more interested in Fedor-Rogers than Brock vs. Shane f'n Carwin.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Brock doesn't have good striking technically, but all he has to do is clip you with one and it can be all over.

But im much more excited for the Fedor fight, and Rogers is Fedors most dangerous fight in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Arlovski was a more dangerous fight IMO
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:20 pm

even after seeing what Rogers did to Arlovski?
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:06 pm

oggy420 wrote:
even after seeing what Rogers did to Arlovski?

i say yes
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:47 pm

i dont know why. Rogers has the power to ko anyone, even fedor. Obviously we know nothing about his skills other than that he has tremendus punching power and a big size advantage in this fight. Obviously im not picking against Fedor, but you shouldn't sleep on Rogers as a legit opponent. I think he's more dangerous than arlovski because he has alot of confidence.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:06 am

oggy I do think rogers is a viable opponant, however is he more skilled than AA? I doubt it and the fact that AA has been dangerous for a longer period of time against stiffer competition would be the reason i give edge to andre for being tougher fight than rogers for fedor.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am

oggy420 wrote:
Brock doesn't have good striking technically, but all he has to do is clip you with one and it can be all over.

But im much more excited for the Fedor fight, and Rogers is Fedors most dangerous fight in a long time.

+1

regarding Brock, the dude dropped Mir in the 1st fight, brock Herring's eye socket and KO'd randy in a pretty short amount of accumalated stand up time.

Regarding Rogers Fedor, Im very excited, Im a much bigger fan of Rogers then I am of Carwin and I like Fedor more then I do Brock. I won't rule out a looping punch from Fedor rocking Rogers like we have seen so many times b4, but considering Rogers size, power, and fluidity I give him an edge in the standup. I would think Fedor will want this fight on the ground, hopefully Rogers shows some skill there, or even better, some take down defense.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:16 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Here is the article I stole the title from - http://mmajunkie.com/news/16312/poll-results-more-anticipated-fight-emelianenko-vs-rogers-or-lesnar-vs-carwin.mma

Brock/Carwin won with 61% of the vote, while Fedor/Rogers got 32%. I was wondering what the % would be on here with no other fights listed.

I personally am more excited about seeing Brock/Carwin. Brock has improved quicker than any other fighter I have seen in the spotlight so I want to see that continue. He's a huge, athletic guy who finally gets matched up with another huge athletics guy.

Now on the other hand I am fairly certain I know Fedor is just going to smash Rogers. It may be with quick looping punches that come from awkward angles or it make be a quick takedown & sub, but either way I cannot see Rogers being the one to beat Fedor.

I dunno if Brock has improved that much. He was pretty impressive right from the start. His major improvement has been sub defense and that has more to do with gameplanning, ie leaving zero distance when the fight is on the ground, then it has to do with skill(from what we have seen anyway).

And if you don't give Rogers a punchers chance here then you have not been paying attention. Fedor or not, this is still MMA.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 pm

I broke the tie with a Carwin Lesnar vote just now. I think it will be a closer fight and I want to see Lesnar bleed. I don't think Rodgers is going to do a whole lot against Fedor other then viciously tap his hand against him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:39 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I broke the tie with a Carwin Lesnar vote just now. I think it will be a closer fight and I want to see Lesnar bleed. I don't think Rodgers is going to do a whole lot against Fedor other then viciously tap his hand against him.

"Look at the technique shown in those wicked palm slaps to Fedor's hip"... LMAO
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Here is my fervent prayer. Carwin catches Brock and KOs the shit out of him. my other is that Rogers destroys Fedor before it gets to the ground and then we can have an NCAA football like shake up in the HWD rankings.

Either way I want to see Brock and Carwin, that looks like it could be a nastier fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:23 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Here is my fervent prayer. Carwin catches Brock and KOs the shit out of him. my other is that Rogers destroys Fedor before it gets to the ground and then we can have an NCAA football like shake up in the HWD rankings.

Either way I want to see Brock and Carwin, that looks like it could be a nastier fight.

Two unproven nobodies beating everyone's heros? I could get into that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:31 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Andrew the Raider King wrote:

Two unproven nobodies beating everyone's heros? I could get into that.

Wolfy, we got to quit agreeing, people will start to talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?   More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin? Empty

Back to top Go down

More anticipated fight, Emelianenko vs. Rogers or Lesnar vs. Carwin?
Page 1 of 1