Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev

Go down 
+4
Birdofthad
GDPofDRC
Deezy0814
bobbitt15
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev Empty
PostSubject: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:53 pm

when is he gonna hang it up at this point its sad to see him even step in the ring
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Another indecisive ref. Expect Anderson Silva to really up the rhetoric. He wants RJJ MEOW!

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Sat May 21, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:13 pm

horrible job by the ref, wow that was scary. its over roy
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm

yeah the fight is over or it isn't, it was.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Steve Smoger really had a bad day at the office.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:38 pm

I have never been a Roy fan and actually have hated him over the years for all the shit talking he has done and never really beaten any1 but this is done right sad. Does any1 know what the score cards said after cause he nearly made it to the end? Either way GIVE IT UP ROY PLEASE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:13 pm

with you tim, never really liked him, awed by his skill, bit this is just sad now.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Damn, he didn't look like he was in shape either, that was hard to watch, way to let him take more shots when he was clearly done ref
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:29 pm

who was winning up to that point?

But I don't see the ref being totally in the bad there. I really didn't see anything there that suggested Jones was out on his feet. Lebedev looked pretty unsure what was going on.

Who is in the bad? Jones and his camp. Dude is shot, he is getting KO'd by fairly innocent looking punches. Maybe point to the commissions that sanction these fights.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Horrible performance from Steve Smoger, who typically is one of my favorite ref's. He certainly earned Ivan Goldman's "Magoo of the year" in The Ring.

That being said, Roy never should have been put in harms way. I understand he's in a bad situation, but I don't ever want to see him in the ring again. He needs to be saved from himself.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:51 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Horrible performance from Steve Smoger, who typically is one of my favorite ref's. He certainly earned Ivan Goldman's "Magoo of the year" in The Ring.

That being said, Roy never should have been put in harms way. I understand he's in a bad situation, but I don't ever want to see him in the ring again. He needs to be saved from himself.

Smoger fucked up big time, you dont indecisively stop a fight, without really stopping it. WHICH IS WHAT HE DID
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:43 pm

captain organic wrote:
who was winning up to that point?

But I don't see the ref being totally in the bad there. I really didn't see anything there that suggested Jones was out on his feet. Lebedev looked pretty unsure what was going on.

Who is in the bad? Jones and his camp. Dude is shot, he is getting KO'd by fairly innocent looking punches. Maybe point to the commissions that sanction these fights.

Watch it again then Captain.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:19 pm

watched it a bunch of times. And there were no significant shots landed after what looked to be the KO punch.

And no ref would have jumped in after the KO punch, because it was completely unclear that Jones was out.

Lebedev's shrug was an "I don't know what happened" type of gesture. The announcer's didn't seem to be on to the fact that the fight was over as well.

Was smoger indecisive? Yeah but I see a similar moment at just about every MMA event I watch. I for one am not getting on smoger's case here.

But Jones is done. That is now completely clear.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:08 pm

When he was bent over he was obviously done and still took a few more shots that he shouldnt have had to.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:30 pm

after the KO punch lebedev threw 3 quick follow ups b4 it was even apparent what was going on. Only one of these punches landed, and it was a bit of a glancing blow . Then he asks smoger whats up, and throws one more that clips him a bit. That is the only punch that smoger possibly could have been asked to have stopped, and yeah there was some indecisiveness there, but Jones was not getting pummelled at this point and was still standing, so Im not going to jump on the ref for not stopping the fight in the final rnd of the fight.

watch the video till the 2:18 mark, and you'll see the lebedev "I don't know what happened" shrug.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:34 pm

I never really jumped on the ref either. To me its more that Jones shouldnt be fighting but I do think the ref was out of position at least alittle and that cost Jones getting hit a few more times.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:04 pm

agree, Jones should not be fighting, that to me is the story line of note.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:04 pm

captain organic wrote:
agree, Jones should not be fighting, that to me is the story line of note.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev   Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Jones KO'd cold by Lebedev
Page 1 of 1