Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the next Call of Duty..

Go down 
+3
Ludo
josh200612
jewzilla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

For the next Call of Duty.. Empty
PostSubject: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:53 pm

1. Would you want to play a campaign mode that is about Bin Laden?

2. What updates/changes would you like to see made to the online multiplayer?

3. What new weapons and killstreaks would you like to see introduced?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:57 pm

I really feel like Black Ops was THE peak of COD games, it's all downhill now that Infinity Ward were messed around by Activision.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:00 pm

For me..

1. Yes.

2. Limited killstreaks per player, and less close range maps.

3. I would like to see..

this- http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/24/armys-revolutionary-rifle-use-afghanistan/

and this (as a tactical weapon)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_RQ-16_T-Hawk
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Ali wrote:
I really feel like Black Ops was THE peak of COD games, it's all downhill now that Infinity Ward were messed around by Activision.

I agree. I dont see much more being done to improve. But to be honest, I wouldnt mind seeing a game based on revolutionary times, western times, or maybe even a mixture of different eras. Kind of like a Deadliest Warrior kind of deal.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:15 pm

All i want is my fucking nuke back! Also stopping power! I'm sure they will come up with the sweet guns for MW3 and hunting down Bin Laden would be pretty fun. One thing you said would be cool to have a First Person Western Shooter LOL i would be in love then.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Someone move this to the video games section.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Whoops i thought this was in Off Topic LOLZ
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:17 pm

The problem is they can't go backwards. Call of Duty has gone forward through time as each game unfolded(except Black Ops which went backward just a little). Black Ops was the pinnacle really but the only kinds of things they can do now are North Korea, Dessert Storm, or the Somalia. Somalia could be cool but I kind of doubt it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:32 pm

The next CoD focuses on Ghost I think and it takes place before MW1 I believe.

It's hard to say what I would like from this game. I feel like it has been the same game in different packages four years running. With the internal transitions, it's hard to imagine this game showing much signs of innovation. Though I did like blops, especially the no perk and kill-streak game modes, those were the best imo, just me and my gun.

One thing I'd like to see go away is Last/final stand. It is very annoying to put a bunch of 7.62 rounds into someone and watch them go down only to end up being one shot by their 9mm because it turns out they are down but not dead. worst perk ever. I''m not against revives but the ability to draw your weapon while down needs to be severely nerfed.

A lot of perks do actually. No commando type perk. There should be no perk that allows for no falling damage.

Something I'd like to see but don't know how they could implement is a way to discourage excessive camping. In Battlefield if a uy is camping up in a house or out in a shed, you blow up the fucking shed. But even then there are campers, I don't know how to fix that so easily.

Kill-streaks of 3, 6 and 9 only. there would be 4 or 5 different 3kill streaks to pick from like uav, counter uav, etc., 3 or 4 6kill streaks and 2 9 killstreaks. Nothing over powered either, like a harrier or pave low type ks being the most powerful. Another idea for a killstreak is to have them be player operated. Such as getting the chopper means after you call it in, it doesn't arrive till you die then are spawned into it and fly it around shooting people until it is destroyed or you parachute out. That would be for the 9kill streaks. So killing killstreaks that don't get the kills for you in other words.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Ludo wrote:
The problem is they can't go backwards. Call of Duty has gone forward through time as each game unfolded(except Black Ops which went backward just a little). Black Ops was the pinnacle really but the only kinds of things they can do now are North Korea, Dessert Storm, or the Somalia. Somalia could be cool but I kind of doubt it.

I've heard it will be a MW1 prequel. Set in the Russian, Eastern European, Middle Eastern areas I would imagine
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:30 pm

jewzilla wrote:
For me..

1. Yes.

2. Limited killstreaks per player, and less close range maps.

3. I would like to see..

this- http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/24/armys-revolutionary-rifle-use-afghanistan/

and this (as a tactical weapon)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_RQ-16_T-Hawk

There's enough camping on COD as it is. I dont want bigger maps.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Yeah, I agree. CoD is an arena shooter and is at it's best on small maps.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:38 pm

I think COD4 and Modern Warfare 2 were the best two games from the franchise...and WaW coming in 3rd.

I really was not a fan of Black Ops in the least. My least favorite COD I have played thus far.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:40 pm

I kind of got burned out on COD, but I'm sure I'll make a comeback. I kind of like the switching off from year to year between 2 different makers. It made things a little fresher.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:43 pm

whats up with ur sign? the goat is no longer on there
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:46 pm

I would honestly like to see it go back to the COD4 format. Everyone has the same killstreaks.

Take away bullshit perks like flak jacket, and last stand, and this game will be amazing.

I dont want people being able to run through claymores, or survive grenade launchers, or get shot in the fucking chest and then flail back like they're dead, and then have my ass get shot.

Black Ops was garbage and made the game way too unrealistic IMO. COD4 and MW2 are the kings of FPS so far, until they're knocked off the throne...which im hoping BF3 will do that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:57 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
whats up with ur sign? the goat is no longer on there

Still there for me?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm

ok its back, lol
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 am

I just recently found out that the Modern Warfare games are made by Infinity Ward, and the other COD games are made by Trayarch/Activision. This explains why MW games are the shit, and BOps has flintstones like gameplay and graphics. Infinity Ward obviously has the upperhand.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:10 am

NoRegret wrote:
There's enough camping on COD as it is. I dont want bigger maps.

If people would play the game as it was meant to be played, campers wouldnt matter. I like bigger maps. It gives more of a real battle feeling, rather than a run and gun shootem up atmosphere. It opens up chances for sniping, and could enforce the use of teamwork. Yes, campers ruin those maps. My solution is, if you are not a sniper, and you sit in one spot for so long camping, then you are highlighted on the other teams map until you are killed. Or something to that affect.

Also, I believe there is a difference between camping, and holding down a building.

Quote :
I would honestly like to see it go back to the COD4 format. Everyone has the same killstreaks.

Take away bullshit perks like flak jacket, and last stand, and this game will be amazing.

I dont want people being able to run through claymores, or survive grenade launchers, or get shot in the fucking chest and then flail back like they're dead, and then have my ass get shot.

Black Ops was garbage and made the game way too unrealistic IMO. COD4 and MW2 are the kings of FPS so far, until they're knocked off the throne...which im hoping BF3 will do that.

I agree with everything you said here. FUCK LAST STAND.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the next Call of Duty..   For the next Call of Duty.. Empty

Back to top Go down

For the next Call of Duty..
Page 1 of 1