Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"

Go down 
+16
EliteAcidBurn
GDPofDRC
captain organic
Andrew the Raider King
ohiovol62
CainVelasquezFan
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
Fra-gee-lay
Bigs03
KingsOwn19
chorky777
josh200612
Thomasdrrn09
Ninja
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" Empty
PostSubject: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:33 pm

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bullshit & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Holy Shit
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:38 pm

ya this fucking sucks lol!
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Pussy. I'll fight him.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 pm

It looks like the haters have got to Rampage.

Hopefully he'll be back. I think he is just sick and tired of Dana drama and knee jerk MMA fans.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Bullshit, that article was so poorly written, I don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Bigs03 wrote:

Laughing It's poorly written because it was written by Rampage Jackson himself.
Back to top Go down
Fra-gee-lay
White Belt
White Belt
Fra-gee-lay

Favorite Fighter(s) : Kazushi Sakuraba, Vitor Belfort

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 pm

After all that running off at the mouth, he comes with this? What a bitch move.
Back to top Go down
Fra-gee-lay
White Belt
White Belt
Fra-gee-lay

Favorite Fighter(s) : Kazushi Sakuraba, Vitor Belfort

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 pm

And if he thinks he's gonna be an actor because he got a role in the A-team movie, he is sadly mistaken.

I see a Rocky II type effort in the near future. "It makes me smeel mainly."
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:57 pm

Bigs03 wrote:

It's directly from his own website.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Damn one of my favorites of all time saying he's hanging them up. I don't quite believe that it will actually happen but I wouldn't be too shocked after reading that
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Laughing It's poorly written because it was written by Rampage Jackson himself.

I'll believe it when it's acknowledged by the UFC, I imagine it won't take Dana long to completely trash him publicly if this is true.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:43 pm

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Yep, of course Dana White will speak on this

"Quinton Rampage Jackson is not one of the best fuckin fighters in the world. I don't give a fuck what he does. Jackson has not won a relevant fuckin fight since he fuckin beat Dan fuckin Henderson. Rampage is not a fuckin fighter anymore and no fuckin way he's one of the best light fuckin heavyweights in the whole fuckin world"

one year later

"Quinton Jackson is back in UFC. I'm fuckin glad. This guy is one of the best fighters in the world"
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 pm

I highly expect a return after this movie is over. Rampage will change his mind.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:24 am

wow just wow... i really hope this is just him venting and he changes his mind but if he follows tru one huge mma star jus hung em up and im sad to see him go
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:47 am

What exactly makes him think he can act? A little spot on King of Queens, then some shitty movie role, and he thinks he can make a career out of it? Does he know that acting is a real skill, and takes a lot of work, or does he think he can just fill stupid niche spots where acting isn't necessary for the rest of his "career"?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Yep, of course Dana White will speak on this

"Quinton Rampage Jackson is not one of the best fuckin fighters in the world. I don't give a fuck what he does. Jackson has not won a relevant fuckin fight since he fuckin beat Dan fuckin Henderson. Rampage is not a fuckin fighter anymore and no fuckin way he's one of the best light fuckin heavyweights in the whole fuckin world"

one year later

"Quinton Jackson is back in UFC. I'm fuckin glad. This guy is one of the best fighters in the world"

+1 lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:04 am

Rampage is a imbecile he turns his back on the fans because he's landed a role in a movie what a cunt.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 am

Rampage was prolly going to make $100,000 maybe $200,000. He'll prolly get atleast $1 million for his movie (I'm guessing here). I don't blame him. As a fan I hate to see it but Rampage has to do whats best for himself, Dana isn't gonna give him a big fat pension I'll tell you that. He's been in a bunch of wars in PRIDE and he's not getting any younger.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:30 am

They must be paying him a shitload for this movie. This pisses me off. Yet again, Dana treats fighters like shit and he pays for it.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:16 am

King, you are too much! That was fucking great! I wouldn't be surprised if you are exactly right.

First off, Quinton wouldn't be in the movie if it wasn't for the UFC! He would be a champion is SF maybe, but he wouldn't be playing Mr. T in a movie, some lame ass rapper would.

Now he is doing this for a bonding purpose with his fucking Daddy? Grow up moron. Injuries? Injuries? WTF do you think you do for a living? Don't like the fans? Who do you think really pays your bills bitch! If the fans don't like you, but want to see you get your ass beat, they have to pay to watch you get your ass beat, so in turn you get your paycheck. Not exactly rocket science. You know, fuck this guy, what a whiny little bitch. I hope Rashad plans on beating your ass in the streets. Not like he was gonna lose to a Forrest Gump-chump like you anyhow!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:36 am

Dag. I love how fans feel the need to tell Page what to do with his life, how to feel when people boo him after winning a title, and how to handle the injuries one occurs in the fight game.

And Page made his name in Pride, if he came directly to Elite, or SF, this role could still very well be his.

It's beat that he might be retiring but can't hate on the guy for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"   Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting" Empty

Back to top Go down

Quinton Jackson - "I'm done fighting"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next