Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tyson Griffin

Go down 
+4
LTFG
GDPofDRC
Bigs03
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Says he has no problem if his teammate, Gray Maynard, gets title shot before him. He also said he has no problem fighting his teammate for the strap. FINALLY not a pussy like Rashad/Jardine, Anderson/Machida, & Fitch/Kos.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16276/tyson-griffin-fine-with-waiting-on-teammate-but-hell-fight-gray-maynard-too.mma
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 pm

As it should be.

I suck dick for coke.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:59 am

That's professional not personal, respect !
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Finally... Someone who freaking gets it...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Xtreme Couture isn't the same type of camp. It's a lot larger. There is a lot more guys flowing in and out of there and it's not as personal as Blackhouse or Jackson's from what I can tell.

Mark Coleman and Stephan Bonnar were able to both train there for their UFC 100 fight for instance and they had separate coaches and partners. For high ranking team mates at Jackson or blackhouse to fight, it would likely involve one fighter or another leaving the camp, and a guy's former coach using his insider information against him. I could see how that could rupture a team forever.

Miletich guys wouldn't fight eachother either. Remember when Franklin did TUF after he won the title, had Tanner won that fight, Hughes would have been the other coach and fought Tanner, but since Rich won he and Hughes decided not to fight. Homiez.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:12 pm

I understand looking at it from a "logical" standpoint, Wolf... However I still think it's a copout by the fighters involved, particularly the challenger in line for the title shot. If you have an opportunity to fight for the biggest prize in the sport, you or your camp make concessions. If you are uncomfortable about the training aspects with your teammate (opponent) in camp, you either ask the camp for a separate training time and schedule from your teammate, or you find another camp for the time being. The camp would understand and either accommodates you, or they aren't worth a damn and could give a rip about your quest leading you to need a change anyway. I just think that anyone who goes to the, "I won't fight my teammate for the title" card really isn't interested in being a champion and has a deep seeded fear of their teammate...

I fully agree with guys not wanting to fight teammates in non-title bouts though. No need for that as there are plenty of opponents to be lined up.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Machida and Anderson seem to have shared very personal techniques and secrets with eachother. I don't think a fight between them would be any good anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Machida and Anderson seem to have shared very personal techniques and secrets with eachother. I don't think a fight between them would be any good anyway.

Exhibit A.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:46 pm

wake me when these 2 square off for the title.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

captain organic wrote:
wake me when these 2 square off for the title.

BJ might make you sleep for a while
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:01 pm

I don't like the not fighting a teammate thing either.

But it's a little different for Anderson/Machida. Anderson is already the champ in his division, and is only fighting guys at LHW because he's light years ahead of his competition at MW.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:34 pm

discovery99 wrote:
I don't like the not fighting a teammate thing either.

But it's a little different for Anderson/Machida. Anderson is already the champ in his division, and is only fighting guys at LHW because he's light years ahead of his competition at MW.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. Say Machida wasn't around. Anderson, Dana, the fans would still want Anderson to move up to have big fights.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Exhibit A.

Let me clarify. A fight between them would be very technical, but often team mates who know eachother very well cancel each other out. Now if people criticized Anderson for his two fights before Forrest and if Machida got heavily criticized for his style until recently, imagine the two of them together. There would be very little action. No fire works, no exchanges. Cautious respect and probing jabs from five feet away would dominate this fight.

Beer chugging Texas following morons who think Thiago Silva is as good as Rashad Evans (when he has half the hand speed and footwork skills), you know, the morons that pollute most of the internet and the crowds at these events, would shower the fight in boos.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:57 pm

i remember hearing things got awkwards when They brought Coleman in to train for his fight against Bonnar, NBonnar was basically outcast form the gym.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:30 am

[quote="Bigs03"]As it should be.

I suck dick for coke.[/quote]

Really wolf? Please, take this idiot's mod rights away...NOW!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:29 pm

[quote="Bigs03"]
Bigs03 wrote:
As it should be.

I suck dick for coke.[/quote]

Really wolf? Please, take this idiot's mod rights away...NOW!

Ha, I was wondering what that was all about.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Exhibit A.

Let me clarify. A fight between them would be very technical, but often team mates who know eachother very well cancel each other out. Now if people criticized Anderson for his two fights before Forrest and if Machida got heavily criticized for his style until recently, imagine the two of them together. There would be very little action. No fire works, no exchanges. Cautious respect and probing jabs from five feet away would dominate this fight.

Beer chugging Texas following morons who think Thiago Silva is as good as Rashad Evans (when he has half the hand speed and footwork skills), you know, the morons that pollute most of the internet and the crowds at these events, would shower the fight in boos.

Again, this is your OPINION. YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T THINK A FIGHT BETWEEN THEM WOULD BE GOOD ANYWAY...you truly are a dumbass wolf.

And now all people from Texas are beer chugging morons who don't know anything about MMA and would boo a possible fight of the decade??? Stop talking out your ass wolf. No one is buying it. That's the good thing, though, you keep looking like an idiot and everyone knows it but you.

Quit changing my posts and deleting threads that make you look like the retard that you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyson Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyson Griffin   Tyson Griffin Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyson Griffin
Page 1 of 1