Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sherdog makes me sick

Go down 
+3
captain organic
timthebim
jewzilla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

Sherdog makes me sick Empty
PostSubject: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:32 pm

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/fighters-vs-athletes-1633301/

GSP is just as much of a fighter as Anderson. The shit these people say amazes me.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Yeah as much as I hate GSP he is a fighter and a damn good 1 at that.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 pm

I def think there are guys who go into the cage with more of a fighters mindset then others. So I don't mind the overall theme of the post.

Although I don't like the "athlete" label as the contrast(not to mention the guy just threw all the wrestlers into this grouping). Strategist is probably a better contrasting category. GSP def fits that role.

I also don't see Anderson as a down and dirty "fighter". He is supremely talented as a striker, but we have def seen him in fights where the warrior spirit is lacking.

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Looks like he separated wrestlers from strikers for the most part.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I dont understand how after GSP put a beautiful boxing clinic on Koschecks face, he is still viewed as a one dimensional snoozer. He is brilliant is what he is. He fights to win, and adjusts his gameplan to his opponent to do so. Its really guys like KZ or Daley that are one dimensional. They know nothing better than wild punching. I am with Ben Askren, I want my fighter to go out to win, not to put on a wildman slugfest and get ktfo while doing so.

Also, what the guy is saying is the "athletes" are boring. The only ones he listed that are boring are Shields, Fitch, and DHK. Thats because they are.

And what the fuck was this shit?

"And GSP will never be remembered. Sorry GSP fans, it just isn't going to happen. Fight fans remember the ones that put on exciting bouts win or lose."

Sherdog is ridonkulous fasho.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:36 pm

I for one like strikers. specifically strikers who engage. Im not a big fan of grinders. So for me as a viewer, it's not just about winning, it's about entertainment.

and I don't recall anyone labeling gsp as one dimensional. The biggest knock on him is he fights too safe.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 pm

I didnt mean y'all were the ones calling GSP one dimensional. Read around Sherdog, and you will see an assload of people claiming that GSP is one dimensional.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 pm

An asinine post on the sherdog boards? ya don't say

Just about everybody he listed are great athletes and great skill guys.

Last i checked anybody who straps on the gloves for a sanctioned MMA bout is a fighter..even the Kimbo's.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
An asinine post on the sherdog boards? ya don't say

Just about everybody he listed are great athletes and great skill guys.

Last i checked anybody who straps on the gloves for a sanctioned MMA bout is a fighter..even the Kimbo's.

U got that right.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 pm

I love all fighters really and respect each for their styles and strengths, fight your fight, win how you can win.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Garbage post but it basically rips off and screws up a blog post of mine from a few months ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog makes me sick   Sherdog makes me sick Empty

Back to top Go down

Sherdog makes me sick
Page 1 of 1