Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rumored fights for SF July event

Go down 
+5
captain organic
LA
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

rumored fights for SF July event Empty
PostSubject: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:47 am

Last edited by OU on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:50 am

figured it would be easier to keep track of if we just add them to this as they pop up.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Add Madsival vs Wilcox and I might watch this one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:27 pm

OU wrote:
figured it would be easier to keep track of if we just add them to this as they pop up.

thats what i was suggesting back then with you and ninja in the chat!

assturd stole my idear! lol!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:32 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:

link or it didn't happen Kiss My a$$
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:34 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:

link or it didn't happen Kiss My a$$

Middle Finger

i think we can communicate just by using smileys
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 pm

They need to add another big fight if this in on PPV, I'll buy, but I buy all events..
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 pm

LA wrote:
They need to add another big fight if this in on PPV, I'll buy, but I buy all events..

def lacking as a ppv. The most recent showtime card was better. Have to figure they'll add to it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:02 pm

I'll buy the PPV for Hendo-Fedor alone. That's a PPV headline caliber fight...obviously
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:10 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'll buy the PPV for Hendo-Fedor alone. That's a PPV headline caliber fight...obviously

yes the headliner is in place. Just need to fill out the card.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:14 pm

I say fuck it and put a UFC fight on there.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 pm

LA wrote:
I say fuck it and put a UFC fight on there.

A UFC vs SF fight. Leben vs Lawler. Chael vs Kennedy.(would love to hear what trash Sonnen would be willing to throw in this one).
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:22 pm

They won't play those games yet IMO, though I would do it for sales purposes, but just like IDK Diego vs Nate Diaz, or whatever, a pair of UFC guys that will put on a great fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:48 pm

LA wrote:
They won't play those games yet IMO, though I would do it for sales purposes, but just like IDK Diego vs Nate Diaz, or whatever, a pair of UFC guys that will put on a great fight.

I'd save the SF title holders for the unification bouts. I think those bouts will be pretty big.

But im with you in terms of being willing to mix the promotions.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:32 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/15/2112700/feijao-vs-st-preux-targeted-for-strikeforce-in-july
another rumored fight.
Feijao vs OSP

also Jacare might be on the card.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/14/2111967/jacare-souza-frustrated-with-strikeforces-lack-of-matchmaking
Quote :
I don’t know [when I’ll be back]. I get upset. I am an MMA professional, a guy who’s always ready to fight, I keep waiting approximately six months to fight. It sucks, I don’t like that. They’re thinking of July [for my return], but for me that’s a long time. I’m going to relax in training right now, I’m going to travel. Maybe I’ll fight in July again. I hope my new boss puts me to work more often.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 am

I'm going to take a guess here and say we might see Jacare vs Mayhem for this card. Mayhem was pulled off that Kennedy fight and hasn't been rumored to fight since then. There were rumors he might be the first SF guy to fight in the UFC. But seeing how SF wants Jacare on this PPV card, my guess is they want Mayhem to be the challenger.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:36 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/6/2157246/tim-kennedy-give-me-robbie-lawler-let-me-fight-that-guy

TK: "It's not 100% yet, but it looks like it's going to be at the end of July on the Dan Henderson/Fedor
card, and I'm already gettin' in my training camp, gettin' ready to go,
so for me, I'm fighting at the end of July. I just have to get
somebody to say yes to fight me.
SC: "Any clue who the candidates are?"
TK: "I'm hoping for Robbie Lawler,
that's who I asked for at the end of my last fight with Manhoef. He's
the number two guy in Strikeforce behind Jacare, and if I'm not fighting
for the title, give me Robbie Lawler. Let me fight that guy."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum
June 18, Dallas, Texas
Heavyweight GP Quarterfinals: Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum
Heavyweight GP Quarterfinals: Josh Barnett vs. Brett Rogers
Heavyweight: Valentijn Overeem vs. Chad Griggs
Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier vs. Jeff Monson
Lightweight: Gesias Cavalcante vs. Justin Wilcox
Women's: Gina Carano vs. Sarah D'Alelio
Lightweight: KJ Noons vs. Jorge Masvidal
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/18/2177758/kj-noons-vs-jorge-masvidal-official-for-strikeforce-overeem-vs-werdum
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:29 pm

OU wrote:
Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum
June 18, Dallas, Texas
Heavyweight GP Quarterfinals: Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum
Heavyweight GP Quarterfinals: Josh Barnett vs. Brett Rogers
Heavyweight: Valentijn Overeem vs. Chad Griggs
Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier vs. Jeff Monson
Lightweight: Gesias Cavalcante vs. Justin Wilcox
Women's: Gina Carano vs. Sarah D'Alelio
Lightweight: KJ Noons vs. Jorge Masvidal
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/18/2177758/kj-noons-vs-jorge-masvidal-official-for-strikeforce-overeem-vs-werdum

This card isn't tht great imo. I am only interested in a few fights. They blew it on this card imo. They should've had a title fight with Jacare or Gil on this card. Lil Reem vs Griggs on the main card???? That is a prelim fight all day long. Griggs has had some luck, but the guy is not a top fighter and doesn't belong on a main card. Neither does Gina imo, but I know most would disagree. I will watch for free and that is it. Not PPV worthy!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:57 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23671/amanda-nunes-vs-julie-kedzie-set-for-strikeforce-overeem-vs-werdum.mma
A women's 145-pound bout between Amanda Nunes (6-1 MMA, 1-0 SF) and
Julie Kedzie (16-8 MMA, 0-0 SF) is slotted for next month's
"Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum" event.

Officials today announced that both fighters have agreed to the bout.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:32 pm

OU wrote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/23671/amanda-nunes-vs-julie-kedzie-set-for-strikeforce-overeem-vs-werdum.mma

So the card just got worse. I like a few women fighter's, but I am like DW when it comes to women in MMA right now, there isn't enough competition. I have heard of Nunes, but I could care less about a fight with her and some other chick that is 16-8. I would rather see an old gatekeeper fighting a 2-loss up and comer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:35 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

So the card just got worse. I like a few women fighter's, but I am like DW when it comes to women in MMA right now, there isn't enough competition. I have heard of Nunes, but I could care less about a fight with her and some other chick that is 16-8. I would rather see an old gatekeeper fighting a 2-loss up and comer.

Card got worse? That's just ignorance BBC. This fight should be entertaining and if I do happen to see this card live I'm glad it was added.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Nunez is a hot lil banger w KO power. Julie is good too. Amanda secures her shot at cyborg here with a win. Bbc is a dumb dick. This makes an already good card better. This is better than the next two Ufc cards with out this fight. Amanda is the only chick with half a prayer to beat cyborg, and griggs vs overreem is an alternate bout. I'd be pissed if neither fight was shown.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:48 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

You haven't heard of Kedzie before? She's been a big name in the women's scene for quite a while. Anyway, this is a solid fight and certainly didn't make the card worse. Come on now son
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:56 am

Card got better, but we won't see that fight most likely anyways, like to see one more solid mens fight thrown on this card, very short notice, but I'm sure they can find something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rumored fights for SF July event   rumored fights for SF July event Empty

Back to top Go down

rumored fights for SF July event
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next