Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dennis Rodman

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
timthebim
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:20 am

In case u guys missed it last night the Pistons retired Rodman's number and it was great to see him again in Detroit. He was there along with all the badboys and seeing those guys together reminded me of what real basketball was. Rodman was an all-time great and really deserved to have his number retired and this was actually long over due.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:59 am

I don't think Dennis is the caliber player to his # retired and make the hall. He only spent 1/2 his career in Detroit and left during his prime. Plus the character issues make me against honoring him.

But this is an outsiders view on Dennis. Who am I to tell Detroit what to do. I've never evenbeen to Michigan.
Back to top Go down

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:03 am

Greatest rebounder ever. Should already be in the H.O.F.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:30 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I dont know about ever... russel might have something to say about that but in the 90s it was Rodman, and don't forget he was 2 time Defensive player of the year and made it to the all defense team at least 5 times as i recall
Back to top Go down

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am

Russell didn't have to rebound against 7 foot monsters every night and against guys that out weighed him by 50 pounds.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Yeah i think Rodman absolutely was a top 5 rebounder ever. His number should be retired in Detroit and Im glad they finally did it. he was a key part to the Bad Boys and our back to back titles.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Also after the game I heard Rodman say it is going to be official monday that he will be in the HOF class of 2011 which is great for him and his family. He was such an underrated player on those Bulls title teams with Jordan and Pippen getting most of the credit, but to be honest without Rodman guarding Malone the Bulls may not beat Utah in the Finals in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Trust me Tim the Bulls fans don't underrate him. He was huge for us. Without him we were stuck with Longley and Wellington to rebound for us Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:33 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Russell didn't have to rebound against 7 foot monsters every night and against guys that out weighed him by 50 pounds.

Just because Rodman is doing more w/ less (height wise) doesn't mean we should hold that against taller guys like Russell.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Trust me Tim the Bulls fans don't underrate him. He was huge for us. Without him we were stuck with Longley and Wellington to rebound for us Evil or Very Mad

Yeah its the same way here in Detroit we know exactly how valuable this man is to winning titles but I think around the world most would say Jordan and Pippen would have won those titles without Rodman which I dont agree with.
Back to top Go down

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Just because Rodman is doing more w/ less (height wise) doesn't mean we should hold that against taller guys like Russell.

There were hardly any 7 footers in the 50's and 60's. Chamberlain was considered a monster and he was only 6-10.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Farmer I dont know if u actually seen him play up close for much of his career this guy was an amazing rebounder and defender for his size. Im not holding anything against any1 but to be honest he is 1 of the most unselfish players ever and did all the dirty work to win games and ultimately championships. The guy won every where he went for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 1:54 pm

timthebim wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Farmer I dont know if u actually seen him play up close for much of his career this guy was an amazing rebounder and defender for his size. Im not holding anything against any1 but to be honest he is 1 of the most unselfish players ever and did all the dirty work to win games and ultimately championships. The guy won every where he went for a reason.

I saw him play plenty.

He won everywhere he went because he played with guys like Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson, Sean Elliott, etc...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I saw him play plenty.

He won everywhere he went because he played with guys like Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson, Sean Elliott, etc...

He was just as important to the team as those guys were for what he brought to the table every night.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:06 pm

again, 2 time defensive player of the year and a member of the all nba defensive team many more, im not saying that he didnt play with great players but he was a BIG reason those teams won tittles... im sure MJ, Pippen, Isiah will tell you that themselves
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:07 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
again, 2 time defensive player of the year and a member of the all nba defensive team many more, im not saying that he didnt play with great players but he was a BIG reason those teams won tittles... im sure MJ, Pippen, Isiah will tell you that themselves

I bet they sure would.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:57 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I dont know about ever... russel might have something to say about that but in the 90s it was Rodman, and don't forget he was 2 time Defensive player of the year and made it to the all defense team at least 5 times as i recall

Russell is easily the greatest rebounder ever. No one else is even close
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Rodman is still top 5 or so though.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:26 pm

timthebim wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

no doubt... and i understand what freak is talking about when it comes to eras... todays NBA would school 60s nba, IMHO
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:46 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
timthebim wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

no doubt... and i understand what freak is talking about when it comes to eras... todays NBA would school 60s nba, IMHO

I think the 80s & 90s would top the 00s & 10s though. Jordan, Dream, Kareem, Magic, Clyde, M Malone, K Malone (barf), Bird, Robinson, Ewing, young Shaq, McHale, Barkley, prime G Hill, etc...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Dennis Rodman should most certainly be in the HOF.

Sure he was a clown, and for the most part still is...but Rodman was never truly a detriment until his later years with teams such as the Lakers and Mavericks where he just didnt give a fuck. Maybe in his time in San Antonio as well...not with Detroit and Chicago..he may of made an ass of himself in that time but he always brought his hard hat to work and played his ass off.

Here you have a completely undersized PF at 6 foot 6 who was the best rebounder and best defensive PF of his era...and probably better than anybody in the next era in that regard. He played a huge role in 5 championships. If he does not make the hall it will only be because they feel his antics make him unworthy. I don't buy that at all. Rodman was a fuckin beast, and he was a beast for a long time. Plain and simple. Easily a hall of famer. Bulls should retire his number as well.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:25 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Dennis Rodman should most certainly be in the HOF.

Sure he was a clown, and for the most part still is...but Rodman was never truly a detriment until his later years with teams such as the Lakers and Mavericks where he just didnt give a fuck. Maybe in his time in San Antonio as well...not with Detroit and Chicago..he may of made an ass of himself in that time but he always brought his hard hat to work and played his ass off.

Here you have a completely undersized PF at 6 foot 6 who was the best rebounder and best defensive PF of his era...and probably better than anybody in the next era in that regard. He played a huge role in 5 championships. If he does not make the hall it will only be because they feel his antics make him unworthy. I don't buy that at all. Rodman was a fuckin beast, and he was a beast for a long time. Plain and simple. Easily a hall of famer. Bulls should retire his number as well.

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:45 am

i just farted and it smells like dead skunk... da fuck did i eat?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:46 am

omg, im never eating mall Chinese food again!
Back to top Go down

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:55 am

Why does everyone start posting here when they are drunk? tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dennis Rodman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis Rodman   Dennis Rodman Empty

Back to top Go down

Dennis Rodman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next