[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game Of Thrones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:29 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Spartacus>G.O.T IMHO.

Please the gulf in class between them is enormous. I'd easily put G.O.T up there with The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood. Spartacus isn't even as half as good as The Tudors was, and that at times could be hammy and ridiculous.

I will say this though, Spartacus > Camelot. That show was guff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:32 pm

That is your opinion, I thought Spartacus was much more enjoyable to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:34 pm

freakzilla wrote:
That is your opinion, I thought Spartacus was much more enjoyable to watch.

Too each is own.

I generally thought Spartacus was flat out ridiculous, a poor mish mash of Rome and 300 with no where near as good dialogue or special effects.

Stick to praising Dexter, now that is a quality show Smile
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:58 am

And parts of Game of Thrones aren't ridiculous?

Spartacus BnS was pretty close in quality to Game, I put the latter slightly higher. You know while the shows are very different in story line, they share a lot of similarities. Hard to pin point them down, but like the vibe of the shows, the drama, sex, violence, cliff hangers, presentation....and like Spartacus, not everyone on GOT pulled in great acting performances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:30 am

The reason I liked Spartacus more was there was actually a hero and a focus of the show that you could pull for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 pm

LA wrote:

Spartacus BnS was pretty close in quality to Game, I put the latter slightly higher. You know while the shows are very different in story line, they share a lot of similarities. Hard to pin point them down, but like the vibe of the shows, the drama, sex, violence, cliff hangers, presentation....and like Spartacus, not everyone on GOT pulled in great acting performances.

Nope. I am insulted you're putting them in the same class, Spartacus is muff cabbage.

The writing in G.O.T is fantastic, alot quality witty lines from Jaimie, Little Finger, Tyrion and The Spider. Although you can credit that to George R.R Martin, most of those lines come directly from the book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:16 pm

freakzilla wrote:
The reason I liked Spartacus more was there was actually a hero and a focus of the show that you could pull for.

That's why I like G.O.T, it's an ensemble piece with interesting characters.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Ali wrote:
LA wrote:

Nope. I am insulted you're putting them in the same class, Spartacus is muff cabbage.

The writing in G.O.T is fantastic, alot quality witty lines from Jaimie, Little Finger, Tyrion and The Spider. Although you can credit that to George R.R Martin, most of those lines come directly from the book.

Nah bro, It was right there with it, and Game didn't have muff garbage? I mean dude I highlighted the similarities, they are there.

Tyrion carried that part as much as the script was written well for him. Jaime eh did nothing for me. And there wasn't witty lines in Spartacus? I think you're in that Game was one of the greatest shows ever party or something. I'm not even arguing like Spartacus was this fantastic show either, it was great in a man's soap opera kind of way, and Game had similar characteristics.

And lets laugh at a kid sucking on his mom's tit, I mean the story is the story but that shit was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:18 pm

LA wrote:
Ali wrote:
LA wrote:

Nah bro, It was right there with it, and Game didn't have muff garbage? I mean dude I highlighted the similarities, they are there.

Tyrion carried that part as much as the script was written well for him. Jaime eh did nothing for me. And there wasn't witty lines in Spartacus? I think you're in that Game was one of the greatest shows ever party or something. I'm not even arguing like Spartacus was this fantastic show either, it was great in a man's soap opera kind of way, and Game had similar characteristics.

And lets laugh at a kid sucking on his mom's tit, I mean the story is the story but that shit was ridiculous.

LA, my dear friend you disappoint me.

Lysa breast feeding her son is a significant look into how much she deteriorated in Kings Landing, two still births and Arynn's death have made her extremely paranoid and protective over her son.

Just because there is alot of nudity and violence in both shows doesn't mean they are in the same league. I'll admit I am a little bias towards G.O.T because I absolutely adore the show and book, but it's easily far superior to Spartacus, in every department.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Ali wrote:
LA wrote:
Ali wrote:
LA wrote:

LA, my dear friend you disappoint me.

Lysa breast feeding her son is a significant look into how much she deteriorated in Kings Landing, two still births and Arynn's death have made her extremely paranoid and protective over her son.

Just because there is alot of nudity and violence in both shows doesn't mean they are in the same league. I'll admit I am a little bias towards G.O.T because I absolutely adore the show and book, but it's easily far superior to Spartacus, in every department.

There's no reason for disappointment, I broke it down, your bias is just getting the better of you.

And in terms of context of the story, it obviously has meaning, but it's still a ridiculous part in the show after you act like Spartacus was simply muff garbage and ridiculous story lines.

It really wasn't that superior of a show, I just don't seen it personally, the whole Targarian shit wasn't brilliant written off the top of my head. And it's more then just saying of yeah they both had sex, nudity and violence so they're similar, it's the vibe of the shows, they shares a common ground.

Again it's not even like I'm championing Spartacus, I'm just pointing out the shows are relatable and lets stop with the whole Game is an alltime great shows shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 pm

I don't see the common ground at all, Spartacus is camp, cheesy and poorly made. G.O.T has quality behind it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:47 pm

You're also probably looking forward to the new Spider-man though you know...

I could just as easily pick apart Game, it wouldn't take that much effort, but I liked the show so..

I bet both shows had a fair bit of overlap in viewer demograpics.

Just figured it out, you like Game more cause they have english, welsh, scottish and irish accents, bam, jk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:00 pm

LA wrote:
You're also probably looking forward to the new Spider-man though you know...

I could just as easily pick apart Game, it wouldn't take that much effort, but I liked the show so..

I bet both shows had a fair bit of overlap in viewer demograpics.

Just figured it out, you like Game more cause they have english, welsh, scottish and irish accents, bam, jk.

Just because I post trailers for movies doesn't mean I am excited about them, just giving you guys a preview of future movies.

I did enjoy the regional British accents, especially the guy who proclaims Rob King Of The North, that's a proper English accent Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Ali, T.V is all about entertainment and Spartacus entertained me more therefor I find it a better show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 am

Jason Moma LOL put his foot in his mouth big time at the panel. " I get to rape beautiful women"

The whole panel gave facepalms.

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:09 am

I thought he was dead?

Silver Belt
Silver Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:09 am

The video is private now.

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 am

josh200612 wrote:
I thought he was dead?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19 am

Ali, love the sig.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:22 am

Then why was he on the panel?

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

josh200612 wrote:

It's comic-con Josh, nerds, geeks and fans all gather there to gush over their favorite movies, shows, comic books etc. Jason was very popular, alot of the questions were for him.

Last edited by Ali on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

freakzilla wrote:
Ali, love the sig.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

He had cancer, but I dont think he died. I liked Spartacus better, but Games is gonna be much better in the long run. That last seen of the blonde was epic! WOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:31 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
He had cancer, but I dont think he died. I liked Spartacus better, but Games is gonna be much better in the long run. That last seen of the blonde was epic! WOW!

It's ashame what happened to Andy Whitfield, even though I wasn't a huge fan of the show I was happy to see him in a popular series. The sad thing is I believe this is cancer that has returned Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 am

Ali wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

It's comic-con Josh, nerds, geeks and fans all gather there to gush over their favorite movies, shows, comic books etc. Jason was very popular, alot of the questions were for him.

Ya BUT there is no need for him to be there this ain't Star Wars.

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next