Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please no more (spoilers)

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
LA
captain organic
GDPofDRC
Ludo
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Please no more (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:19 am

Talk of Lil Nog as a top 10 fighter.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 am

shees why da hate, he's faced tough enough competition IMO
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 am

plus he's faced all wrestlers his last 3 fights
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:26 am

dont you have Forrest Griffin in your top 10?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 am

Lil Nog vs Rich Franklin please !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:33 am

Forrest was champ just a few years ago and has wins over Rua, Rampage and Franklin. His last loss to a fighter outside the top 10 was in 2006.

Lil Nog has lost to Bader, Davis and just beat Brilz. His last win over a top 10 fighter was 2005.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:57 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Forrest was champ just a few years ago and has wins over Rua, Rampage and Franklin. His last loss to a fighter outside the top 10 was in 2006.

Lil Nog has lost to Bader, Davis and just beat Brilz. His last win over a top 10 fighter was 2005.

sorry brah brah

if your gonna bash people for currently having Lil Nog in the top 10, dont have Forrest in your top 10

like how you quietly forget about the Cane fight.....ya Forrest beat a bum Rua go watch Rua vs Lil Nog if you want to see a classic fight

how many fights has Forrest had the last 2 years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:01 am

Forrest is way ahead of Lil Nog in the rankings and would beat Lil Nog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:02 am

Cane? where is he right now?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:09 am

a year ago Forrest was way behind Nog

Forrest is not top 10 if you think he is, man Gumps got ya fooled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:21 am

He's lost to Anderson Silva and Rashad which is acceptable. Lil Nog has lost to Bader and Davis which is not.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 am

Yeah Minotoro has had a REALLY tough schedule in the UFC. It's like they don't want him around so they are continually giving him the toughest possible style matchups. To say he never deserved a top ten ranking is ridiculous though. As far as I'm concerned he's just outside the top ten if not in it with the departure of Cavalcante. Whole lot of hate going on in here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:39 am

Joe Silva's matchmaking has really pissed me off lately.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 am

Wrestler surplus has ramifications.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:44 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
He's lost to Anderson Silva and Rashad which is acceptable. Lil Nog has lost to Bader and Davis which is not.

Why is losing to Bader or Davis not acceptable ? both are talented young wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:46 am

Don't get the reason for the hate. The guy has been and is good. People run into better guys, doesn't make him bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:53 am

Ali wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Why is losing to Bader or Davis not acceptable ? both are talented young wrestlers.

Not if you want to be a solid top 10 fighter.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 am

Let's settle this the right way.

Nog vs Forrest.

But no way is Nog top 10 right now. I don't have Forrest in there either.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:39 am

No LHW outside the UFC but Hendo deserves to be in the top 10, so if Forrest isn't in there who is?

But Lil Nog didn't get beat, he got outwrestled, and he may not be top 10 anymore, but the guy is still a top 15 LHW.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 am

LA wrote:
No LHW outside the UFC but Hendo deserves to be in the top 10, so if Forrest isn't in there who is?

But Lil Nog didn't get beat, he got outwrestled, and he may not be top 10 anymore, but the guy is still a top 15 LHW.

says u.

and getting outwrestled is getting beat. I don't like it either. I hate top control decision wrestlers. but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:00 am

LA wrote:

If you have Griffin over King Mo right know your a fanboy

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:06 am

Yeah because Mo has beaten so many great fighters to warrant a top 10 ranking LOL

It literally makes no sense to put him in the top 10

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:22 am

I personally felt he did more in the fight overall. .but what are ya gonna do? I can't say he won any round other than the first one..but damn, i was not impressed by Phil Davis. He looked highly one dimensional and Nog on a better day(more agressive with his strikes) would have/should have won this fight.

Why am i contantly dissapointed with the Nogueira's BJJ considering how "great" they are? I hate to sound like a TuF noob by saying that. I know Big Nog was great for his time being the only high level BJJ artist in his division before Werdum came along..and Lil Nog gets his status by being his twin brother...but come on. Phil Davis is just chillin there, not even really pressing Lil Nog and he's not doing anything or even threatening to try to submit him.

I mean, going back to the Brilz fight, he should be tapping guys like Brilz and he was even swept by Brilz a few times. I don't know.

It's just mind boggling to me. I think Lil Nog should have been able to win this fight and he was not agressive on his feet even though he had a clear advantage there, and he was no agressive off his back.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 am

Good thoughts Kings, I agree with a lot.

Do a whole thread if you got time I'll add some later
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:38 am

Nog/Franklin please. He's going through a Guillard-like run of grapplers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please no more (spoilers)   Please no more (spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Please no more (spoilers)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next