Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
OU
LA
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: Empty
PostSubject: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:57 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:47 am

Didn't really want a Fitch-Penn rematch. Fitch will easily win the rematch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:26 am

I guess Fitch will have to whoop his ass AGAIN. Then you guys can say how he doesn't deserve his title shot AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 am

Not sure how crazy I am about the rematch. Definitely taking Fitch though

And Sots is going on a 2 fight losing streak here
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:37 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Didn't really want a Fitch-Penn rematch. Fitch will easily win the rematch.

Im rolling with freak on this one.

The Dunham-George fight is a big redemption fight for 2 guys who were very recently riding the high speed hype train.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:44 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Not sure how crazy I am about the rematch. Definitely taking Fitch though

And Sots is going on a 2 fight losing streak here

+1
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:48 am

It seems we are in agreement that no one really wants the Penn Fitch rematch.

Yet it kind of had to be done, right?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 am

captain organic wrote:
It seems we are in agreement that no one really wants the Penn Fitch rematch.

Yet it kind of had to be done, right?

No, it didn't HAVE to be done. I could live with Sanchez vs Fitch and Condit vs BJ. I could live with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 am

I would've loved Penn vs Alves and Fitch vs Condit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I would've loved Penn vs Alves and Fitch vs Condit.

What the fuck is it with people and Alves? I guess an entertaining style goes a long way. Cause looking at his record over the last 2 years, It has to be about the style. Like the exact opposite of Fitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 am

You don't like Alves?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
You don't like Alves?

I have no problems with Alves, I like him more then most fighters. But I just don't understand why he gets so much credit in that division, when he hasn't done anything lately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:58 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
You don't like Alves?

I have no problems with Alves, I like him more then most fighters. But I just don't understand why he gets so much credit in that division, when he hasn't done anything lately.

Well his only losses in the past 6 years have been to GSP and Fitch. In the past 3 years he has beaten Koscheck, Hughes, Lyttle and Parisyan which is pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:03 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
You don't like Alves?

Well his only losses in the past 6 years have been to GSP and Fitch. In the past 3 years he has beaten Koscheck, Hughes, Lyttle and Parisyan which is pretty impressive.

Or more recently his record is 1-2 since 2009 and his lone win was over Howard. Not exactly blazing it up lately.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 pm

He has been on the shelf, you know, the whole BRAIN thing. He's still a top guy and a young fighter with a dangerous style.

I get it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
You don't like Alves?

Or more recently his record is 1-2 since 2009 and his lone win was over Howard. Not exactly blazing it up lately.

No shame in those 2 loses being to GSP and Fitch. You know since they are 2 of the greatest ever WW and the top 2 right now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah but he hasn't really been too active. Fighting only 3 times in 2 years. You can't be that inactive and lose to the elites and still expect to be high up there in the mix. Not when other fighters are pulling out more wins and more impressive wins during that same span.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Besides GSP, Fitch and Shields I think he beats any other WW in the world.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:41 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Besides GSP, Fitch and Shields I think he beats any other WW in the world.

I think Carlos Condit beat him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:09 pm

He could but I'd take Alves.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Bad matchup for Condit. I'm not liking anyone who's gonna have to stand with Alves for 3 rounds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Bad matchup for Condit. I'm not liking anyone who's gonna have to stand with Alves for 3 rounds

This. If you want to beat Alves then you have to be able to take him down for 3 rounds straight.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:17 pm

I have no interest in a Penn/Fitch rematch but whatever. Dunham is going to put George away. Personally, I've never been that impressed with Sotiropoulos. Dunham, however, is a stud.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Alves gets talked about because it's clear he's a top WW, losing to the best ever and one of the best ever WW's isn't a bad thing, not like he's been fighting Cyborg and Scott Smith over that time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:   BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132: Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ Penn vs Fitch 2 and Evan Dunham vs George Sotiropoulos at UFC 132:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next