Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov Empty
PostSubject: Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov   Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:36 pm

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bellator-Signs-Unbeaten-Heavyweight-Sambo-Champion-Ivanov-30861

Quote :
Ivanov won the heavyweight division of the 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships, defeating former Pride Fighting Championships king Fedor Emelianenko en route to the title. The Bulgarian is a veteran of Sengoku competition, defeating another Pride vet in Kazuyuki Fujita in 2009. Most recently, Ivanov earned a first-round October submission victory over Svetoslav Zahariev at a local Bulgarian event.

“I can’t wait to have the chance to show what I’m capable of to all of the Bellator fans watching on MTV2 all across the United States,” said Ivanov. “I’m already hard at work preparing for my first fight with Bellator. My ultimate goal is to fight Cole Konrad for the Bellator world heavyweight championship. My mission is to become the Bellator champion, and that’s what I intend to do.”

Good to see Bellator try and beef up that division a little
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov   Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:39 pm

alright, lets see how he fares... decent pick up for Bellator though
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov   Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Isn't he another Sengoku fighter?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov   Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:03 pm

I think he fought for Sengoku once... i could be wrong

when id doubt, wiki out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blagoi_Ivanov
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov   Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:03 pm

LA wrote:
Isn't he another Sengoku fighter?

Fought for them before. Still waiting for the UFC to jump on Hioki. Hopefully soon
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov   Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Thinking the same, Hoiki and a bunch of other guys hopefully come to the UFC or SF out of this, or Bellator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov   Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov Empty

Back to top Go down

Bellator signs Fedor killer Ivanov
Page 1 of 1